Mary Gowen Photography

Mary Gowen Photography

Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Mary Gowen Photography

Creating enduring images from your most genuine moments

I fell in love with shooting engagements and weddings 10 years ago and haven't been able to give them up since. I live for capturing your real life moments and exchanges of love, joy, and laughter. While I practice photojournalistic style in terms of keeping things real, I am also super interested in the technicalities of light and composition. My ideal photo captures a genuine moment, communicates emotion, and is aesthetically striking.

A little more about me: In college, I studied fine art and graphic design, and am now using my understanding of these subjects to strengthen my photography. I am married to my best friend, Nick, and we have two little boys (who I love to the moon and back!). Exploring life through art and photography has allowed me to capture images that reflect the deepest parts of myself and the people around me. These images create an enduring space for celebration, contemplation and healing.

I hope to have the opportunity to hear your story, join in your journey and photograph you! Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Multi. Locations (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Digital Files (1)

My husband and I can not say enough great things about Mary! She did our engagement and wedding photos, and was friendly, warm, and incredibly easy to work with from day #1. My husband and I were both a bit nervous posing for our engagement photos, but she instantly felt like a friend and made the whole experience relaxed and fun. She was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the planning process, and by the time our wedding came around, we didn't have to worry about a thing! Mary captured so many special details from our wedding, and got all the pictures we had asked for - we will cherish the photos forever :)

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits

Mary did our engagement and wedding photos, and we just LOVED her! My husband is generally uncomfortable in front of a camera, but she really captured the essence of our relationship. For our engagement session, she scouted locations ahead of time, and was willing to hike and climb around in the bushes to get the perfect shot. Through the whirlwind of our wedding day, she also managed to photograph all of the little details and little moments that we would have likely forgotten otherwise. Mary is so fun to work with, and had our edited photos back to us super quickly.

Profile Picture Kristi, 9/13/14, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Great bubbly personality, easy to communicate with and work with. Super sweet and highly recommended!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/30/14, 2 Reviews