1568 Hidden Ranch Dr., Simi Valley, CA 93063 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 48
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Mark Laing Creative Photography

WeddingWire's Bride's Choice Award Winner 2019!

From London - British - "what's up with that accent!"

Relaxed, calming and professional. Super fast turnaround on super creative photos. I try and put 100 or so photos online that night so you can ogle them before the honeymoon.

Gay Wedding Competent.

Super Creative Weddings and engagement shoots

Videography - using still photos and video for awesome wedding videos! Yes, I do video as well, sometimes solo, often with a team - I have access to all the stills and video for amazing fusion photography.

We have drones - drones are so much fun for the right venue - check it out!

Beautiful Brides (and Grooms!) by Design.

You keep the photos. The highest resolution I can make 'em! On a cool custom flash drive, disk, or online - however, YOU want them delivered.

I'll create a special wedding mini-site for family viewing. It will be a password-protected URL for all your final photos - share with friends and family.

Wedding and Event Videos: https://vimeo.com/marklaingphotography/videos

Video montage: uploaded to FaceBook or wherever you wish.

And video montage: http://www.animoto.com/play/2c5miNcas3XcC4306bdOeQ

Hardcopy Books for the coffee table: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2549759

For a bride and groom, the wedding photographer is very often the longest lasting relationship among all the vendors. The venue is never visited again, the food is eaten, the dress put away and the fancy invitations put in a drawer. But the photos live forever.

Or just check out my website at https://www.marklaing.com and please mention WeddingWire!

Or...please text or call me on 310 968 4970 or email me at "photographer [AT] marklaing.com" and we'll figure out a way to work together!

Follow Mark Laing Creative Photography on

Mark Laing Creative Photography 5
Mark Laing Creative Photography 6
Mark Laing Creative Photography 7

Meagan · Married on 08/04/2018

We worked with Mark for both our engagement photos and our wedding and it was such a pleasure! He's so kind and we always felt very comfortable around him. The photos and the videos from Mark are stunning and we're so glad he was able to capture this special time in our lives.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Meagan and Jacob had the kind of wedding you wanted to photograph over and over. They were simply the most charming, delightful and photogenic couple you could ask for. Big Sur, engagement photos on the beach, cliffs and sea mist - it's the sort of stuff you arrange at a styled wedding (posed shoot) but here it was for real and they were gorgeous!

Persila · Married on 01/20/2018

Stunning Wedding and engagement shoot photo/video

Mark was an absolute pleasure to work with from the beginning to the end. We planned our wedding in a little over 2 months which was an absolute nightmare for our stress levels, but we did not have to worry about anything when it came to our photos! Our engagement shoot was located in Laguna Beach and the wedding was located in Newport Beach, CA. We had an engagement shoot with another photographer before that we did not like whatsoever, so we decided to do another one which came with the package we selected from Mark. He was very accommodating from the get-go. He was also very responsive to all of our emails and calls. I was impressed with his level of responsive-ness. This is very critical when planning a wedding with little time to spare. I also really liked his communication style. He listened well and made us feel comfortable in discussing our questions, comments and concerns. I felt like his pricing was very reasonable for his knowledge and quality of work. He sends out a survey to help with understanding the essential shots you need and the style you are going for. He does all the thinking for you so that you don't need to-he is also very gracious in trying to understand your culture/traditions. We had a fusion wedding with American and Iranian elements and he was very respectful in capturing it all.

He was able to give us previews of our engagement photos very quickly and we could tell we would already be happy with the wedding photos after seeing these. He has a good eye for angles. He also had great videography skills. We were super happy with our wedding video! He packaged everything in cute boxes and had a lot of nice touches. His packages include many options, but most include large easel print outs, a gorgeous metal frame of your choosing, and photos in a keepsake box. He also has the most up to date equipment and we were able to add a drone to capture the ceremony. He has other photographers and videographers on his crew to help out too. I would highly recommend Mark Laing for any of your photography needs. He is a true professional and has now become a friend.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Persila is right, this was a large-scale wedding planned in minimal time but boy, did this bride and groom pull it off. The engagement photos on the beach were a blast and Amir and Persila even took me to a spot I’d never been before - on the top of the world in Laguna Beach on a mountain looking down at the ocean with our gorgeous duo in the frame. Fantastic! Full disclaimer here: some of my best friends in LA and from boarding school in England are Persian so they’re definitely my favorite kind of peeps. And are they romantic! Is it just coincidence or are some of the world’s great romantic poets from this neck of the woods? Yep, I’m thinking Omar Khayyam. Just look at the photos of Amir and Persila and you’ll know what I mean.

Their families were gracious, full of hospitality and absolutely charming. Their friends were a blast, the food and sweets were beyond belief — and the dancing! To a western boy like me, it was like a Thousand and One Nights as dancing ladies came in, traditions were unfurled and the exotic took place right in front of my cameras. A Middle Eastern magical night mixed with the New World in America. The Newport Beach location was as elegant as our couple, our team got some great photos, the drone managed to zip in and around the outdoor pillars and I watched, and took photos, mesmerized by the ceremony and tradition. It was spellbinding. Amir and Persila were so kind, so full of hospitality and always ready to pose like a couple of true romantics. I just followed the lovers with my cameras - the magic was theirs. I hope we stay friends forever.

Mark Laing Creative Photography Pricing

Mark Laing Creative Photography Price Rates

Mark Laing Creative Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Save the Date
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Toning, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Video

Real Weddings

• Solace Weddings
    Solace Weddings Wedding Videographers

• Pure Light Photography
    Pure Light Photography Wedding Photographers

I enjoyed working with Mark on a collaborative photo shoot. He is professional, loves what he does and it shows in his work. I look forward to working with Mark on many more projects in the future.

• A.G. Cinematography
    A.G. Cinematography Wedding Videographers

Mark is a fantastic photographer whom I love to work with. He is kind, considerate, and very helpful. As a videographer, he's very respectful of my work, willing to work with me, and communicate effectively. I only hope I'm the same way! He's a great guy with a great eye (hey, that rhymes) so I definitely recommend him to anyone who is on the lookout for a fantastic wedding photographer.

• 1568 Hidden Ranch Dr. Simi Valley, CA, 93063 See on map
    424-352-7117 (Phone number)
    805-842-2338 (Other Phone Number)
    Any time