Flushing, NY 11358 Map · Phone number

a0049

34 Reviews for Makeup By Coco Tsang

Linjia Jia · Married on 05/24/2019

Best make-up artist!

Coco was highly recommended to me long before I actually started looking for make-up artists. As someone who has never felt the need to get hair and make-up done professionally before, I was shocked by the prices initially. However, after looking around for a while (and contacting multiple make-up artists), I realized that Coco's prices are more than fair and definitely the "market price" in NYC.

I opted to get a trial done before the wedding, which I highly recommend. I think it's great to get to know all your vendors before your big day, so that you are comfortable and everyone knows what to expect. Coco was straight forward and honest in her opinions, which I really appreciated. She was also very efficient and extremely skilled. I scheduled my trial on the day of my engagement party so I could see how long the hair and make-up lasts - Coco evened out my make-up (initially the two sides were different for comparison) before I left, which was very nice to do. My make-up and hair lasted ALL night without any touch-up, and the curls even held until next morning which doesn't usually happen for Asian hair. I knew then that I made the right choice.

On my wedding day, Coco came RIGHT on time. If anything, our group was a bit more slow to mobilize. She had one assistant that did all hair for girls who only wanted hair done, and she did hair & make-up for myself and one of my bridesmaid. She and her assistant finished RIGHT on time again! This was so important because it ensured that we were on schedule for the rest of the day!

My hair and make-up looked perfect for the entire day. Everyone kept complimenting me all day. I still looked like myself, but much more improved. Coco is so experienced that she knows exactly what to do for the look that you want (whether dramatic or natural), and knows how to make you look good on camera too. My make-up did smudge a little bit toward the end of the night, but it was barely noticeable and easily fixed with a Q-tip which she recommended.

Something else that makes Coco special is that she is not afraid to speak her opinion. I was originally going to wear the same hair as all my bridesmaids, but she thought that based on her experience, it wasn't the way to go. I then completely let her decide what my hair should look like, and it was absolutely gorgeous and I was so glad that I listened to her and was able to stand out on my wedding day. She also stood up for me when conflicts arose and was all around a superstar to have in my corner.

Long story short, Coco is extremely experienced, honest, and skilled. She is 100% worth the price she quotes, if not more, and I will be recommending her to everyone I know in real life too.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Virginia · Married on 09/30/2018

COCO and her team did my make-up when I was a bridesmaid for two separate weddings in the past two years. Now two years later, as soon as I got engaged and booked a venue, even without booking any other vendor, I already knew 10000% that I would want Coco and her team to do my make-up. I booked a year in advance and was SO HAPPY she was available on our date! I did not do a trial since she did an amazing job when I was a bridesmaid for two weddings already, so I knew as a bride with airbrush it could only get better, and I was obviously right! Coco was always very friendly and responsive in email. Originally we scheduled for Coco and her team to come later in the day, however my Fiancée (now husband!) and I decided to do a tea ceremony a few months from the wedding. I reached out to Coco to see if she could come a bit earlier than the original planned time, but she already had a wedding prior. Through some great luck, she was able to go to the other bride a bit earlier, and in turn come to do our hair and make-up a bit earlier. Even with the change in time, it was still a bit of a time-crunch since we also wanted to do First Look photos. COCO and her team are SO SKILLED that they managed to do hair and makeup for SIX BRIDESMAIDS and THE BRIDE, in 2 ½ HOURS!!! They came in with huge smiles and set-up everything so perfectly and fast. I have a bridesmaid who is very sensitive with others touching her face but even she loved the make-up!! I was SO IMPRESSED that Coco and her team were able to not only complete hair and make-up so fast, but that it looked like it took so many more hours! My hair and make-up stayed for the whole day, and whole night (no touch-ups!) I was really worried that the make-up might be too bright for my complexion but it was SO NATURAL! I’m SO HAPPY that I was able to have Coco and her team for my wedding, and that I finally got to wear those Hello Kitty ears! I HIGHLY recommend Coco and her team and extend my BIGGEST THANKS !!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Theodore · Married on 09/22/2018

book coco now!

Coco did my trial a few months before the wedding. I didn't know what I wanted, and I didn't even have photos to show her. She did half my face one style and the other half another and helped me pick which was awesome! Coco and her team did my hair and make up for the day of my wedding. She did my mother and 8 bridesmaids as well starting at 9am and done before 12noon! I was very happy with my make up and blown away by my hair! I didn't need to touch up either. Further, I received endless compliments. Coco and her team are super sweet and super cute! She is so easy to work with and really knows what she is doing. I did not bother to negotiate price because her costs were really great compared to the other MUA's I had trials with. Would definitely recommend her..already have for all of my friends!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Makeup By Coco Tsang FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Group Discounts
  • What hair services do you offer? Updos / Styling