611 n. church street suite 106, Hendersonville, NC 28792 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 41

About m+j events

m+j events is a creative event & styling production team based in North Carolina & available worldwide. Our passion is beautiful design, flawless execution & a creative, fun planning process.

We offer our clients everything under the sun: event design + creative direction + logistical management + prop building + decor sourcing + creating + vendor curation + destination scouting + interior styling +photo shoot direction + consulting AND so much more.

Full service is our middle name.

We understand discretion & tact when approaching a personal event. Our unwavering attention to detail, keen eye for composition, & logistical mastery ensure that each & every event looks like a masterpiece & runs like a well-oiled machine & always ends with a great dance party!

rosenblumw0825

• Videos 3

3 Reviews for m+j events

Elizabeth Bridges · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect Day!

Hiring Amanda at M+J Events for our daughter's wedding is among the smartest things we've ever done. There was not a single detail, from tiny to massive, that Amanda did not manage perfectly. She was always accessible, calm, highly creative, friendly, and if she was ever worried about something, I didn't know it! Nothing slipped through the cracks. She gave us lots of vendor options at every turn, and she helped us think through exactly what we needed. We never felt overwhelmed or worried about anything. Amazing experience!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Kathryn · Married on 08/05/2016

Amanda was a dream to work with. She captured my vision for the day and executed it to absolute perfection. She even jazzed up the dessert table when she thought it needed "just a little more sparkle!" She was incredibly organized and made everything run smoothly. She took extra care of of older guests as well as one special guest with MS. That guest made a point to follow up with me after the wedding to let me know how much that meant and how kind Amanda was. I did not have to think on my wedding day and for that I will be forever grateful! M&J events refers only the best vendors and hold those vendors to a high level of standards. They will work hard for you and ensure that your day is perfect. Hiring Amanda and Jay was by far the best money that I spent on our wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Noel · Married on 05/01/2015

2.4
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0

Felt like we had to fight to get our planner to support our decisions. She seemed to think her way was the only best way. I wondered if she was using certain other vendor recommendations because they were personal friends and maybe not giving us all the options.

Sent on 08/31/2015

m+j events's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to review m+j events. I’m sorry it took almost 10 months for the review. If I had known how you felt earlier – I would have been happy to reach out to you to address any frustrations.

As an event planner it is my job to offer suggestions throughout the process. This is one of the main reasons to hire an event planner- to utilize their expertise in their field of work. You incorporated many DIY details throughout your wedding and many times in DIY events I offer multiple suggestions in an effort to figure out what works best for the clients + also to ensure the best use of your budget. If there are specific details + ideas that appear to be done “my way” at your wedding – please let me know specifically as I assure you that the vision, décor, color scheme + vendors were all selected by you. I felt that myself + my team took your vision to life. It reflected all of your details, unique color scheme (brown, black, white + touches of yellow) + DIY projects. I was onsite all day – I actually arrived prior to both the bride + groom-- to be there to help assist them throughout the set up process as needed. If at any time throughout the day that you felt, I wasn’t representing your vision- I wish that you would’ve addressed it immediately. This is why I find the review so disheartening—I heard many times from your family + friends how lovely your event was. And how much it reflected the two of you.

My team + I also helped with venue set up + break down- these were services provided outside my contract- at no additional cost. If anything, I felt that we went over + beyond on the service level to ensure that your event ran smoothly. Many of your family + friends, along with the wedding vendors all commented on our service level + attention to detail.

I wish you the best + hope you enjoy your future together.

Sincerely,