13300 SW Bay Shore Drive, Traverse City, MI 49684 Map · Phone number

About Lux Light Photography

Hi! My name Melissa and I have been a photographer and graphic designer for 6 years in Traverse City, Northern Michigan and have traveled all over the country, photographing weddings, engagements, and family and senior portrait photography. I started Lux Light Photography with the intent to give something more than the traditional photographer can give to couples. I approach each wedding day with a unique eye, seeking to capture the special moments that show the personality,passion, and intimate moments that usually pass by unnoticed. No one photograph should ever be the same. When I approach an event such as a wedding, I think about how I can envision the shot in a way that no one else could see. A wedding to me is not simply an event between two people. I have fallen in love with love, and want to experience this with you every single day! I am fun, relaxed, and this candid style shows in my documentation of your day. Enjoy my portfolio sight and visit the blog to see more! I would love to hear from you. Any questions or quotes for pricing, shoot me an email through my Contact Page. Enjoy!

Follow Lux Light Photography on

ADC2403Edit

12 Reviews for Lux Light Photography

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful attention to detail!

Melissa of Lux Light Photography was excellent to work with. Her emails including details and timelines for the day ensured that everything ran smoothly and that I felt comfortable as the bride. On the day of she was so attentive to the schedule and was great at making sure all of the photos I wanted were taken. Her amazing energy and attitude kept everyone in high spirits and she captured so many wonderful moments!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing Northern Michigan Wedding Photographer!

I seriously cannot adequately express in words how great it was to use Lux Light Photography as our wedding photographer for our September 1st Castle Farms wedding. Melissa was an absolutely joy to work with. My (now!) husband and I live in Texas and had to plan our Northern Michigan wedding from afar. Essentially, all I had to primarily rely on was reviews on sites like these. From our initial contact with Melissa, inquiring if our wedding date was available, she was very prompt, kind, fun, and incredibly helpful in all of her correspondence with us. This girl seriously knows weddings! She will be able to assist you with just about anything wedding related – not just pictures! She was very instrumental in helping us create a wedding day timeline. My husband and I flew into Michigan a couple of months before our wedding and she was even able to meet with us to go over things. On the wedding day itself, Melissa and her assistant, Ashley, were awesome to work with. They gave amazing directions for all of the poses and honestly, it was very natural and nothing felt forced. After the wedding, we did not have to wait very long at all to receive our pictures. When we did, we were amazed! Literally all of the wedding pictures are gorgeous. If you’re like me and relying heavily on reviews when choosing vendors, do yourself a favor and choose Lux Light Photography! Melissa and her team do not disappoint and are so talented!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Kelsey · Married on 07/15/2018

Melissa was AMAZING!!! She was so organized with everything leading up to the wedding, I didn't have any concerns or questions about how the day would go as she helped me each step of the way through emails, care packages, and info sheets. We were on a budget for our wedding and Melissa was very understanding and accommodating by designing us our own package that fit our needs. Her honesty and flexibility were refreshing as the wedding industry is full of propoganda and people who take advantage.

On the morning of our wedding, she went above and beyond her photographer duties by fastening boutonnieres, checking on our party bus, and just keeping an overall calmness about her. She was fantastic with our families and I CANNOT WAIT to see our pictures.
    3 of my 4 bridesmaids want to use her for their own weddings! My husband was nervous about having the pictures look or feel "too staged" and Melissa made him feel so comfortable, he can't stop talking about seeing the pictures too!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Lux Light Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Custom Graphics, High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs

• Crystal Mountain Resort
    Crystal Mountain Resort Banquet Halls

Working with Melissa at Lux Light is pure joy! She always has her brides best interest and will go out of her way to capture unique photos. Really great and easy to work with! Highly recommend Lux Light Photography for your wedding and reception.

• 13300 SW Bay Shore Drive Traverse City, 49684 See on map
    2316339410 (Other Phone Number)