144 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, WI 53202 Map · Phone number

About Lu + Birch, Day-of Event Coordination

Lu + Birch, Day-of Event Coordination is an event planning service based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Lu + Birch is not your ordinary wedding planner. This team will provide day-of wedding coordination, which means you’ll have the fun of creating the wedding of your dreams while also saving money. Lu + Birch is dedicated to ensuring that your wedding planning experience is stress-free and that your special day goes off just as planned. Your wedding day only comes once, and you should be able to enjoy it all in full.

Lu + Birch, Day-of Event Coordinator has experience planning dinner rehearsals, ceremonies, and receptions. They also provide a wide range of wedding planning and coordination services, including:

Rehearsal

• Work with the officiant to coordinate the processional and recessional.
  • Make sure attendants and family of the couple know when and where they need to be for the ceremony.
  • Communicate cues with the musicians or DJ

Ceremony

• Set-up decor items in ceremony location.
  • Make sure all vendors arrive on time and are on schedule.
  • Coordinate with your photographer to make sure photos go according to timeline and the attendants are where they need to be.
  • Give the couple a count down to ceremony start time.
  • Line-up the attendants and cue musicians.
  • Make arrangements for the Grand Departure (if applicable).
  • Along with the Photographer, organize attendant and family portraits after the Ceremony.
  • Make sure any re-purposed decor gets transported to to reception facility

Reception

• Set-up decor items in reception location.
  • Greet vendors and show them where to set-up - make sure they have provided the services they were contracted to provide.
  • Connect with caterer and DJ and confirm timeline.
  • Along with the catering staff, monitor cocktail hour food levels.
  • Check in with Bartenders to fulfill VIP drink orders for Family members and attendants.
  • Along with the DJ (or musicians) help organize and cue the entrance of the couple and their attendants.
  • Coordinate speeches, first dance, specialty dances and cake cutting
  • Facilitate the dispersal of desserts and saving the top layer of cake.
  • Distribute final payments or gratuities to vendors per clients discretion.
  • Be accessible to the couple throughout the evening in case timeline needs adjusted or there are other things that need attended to.
  • Pack up presents and card box at the end of the evening and make sure it goes home with the person assigned to take home the gifts.
  • Help pack up all the decor and put into assigned vehicles.
  • Help Coordinate transportation details for couple, attendants and guests.

• Woman-owned

Other couples have also viewed

• Perfect Weddings and Events
dowler ehrmann 6 51 1029265

10 Reviews for Lu + Birch, Day-of Event Coordination

• Paige

Paige P. · Married on 09/05/2020

Highly Recommend Lu & Birch!

Laura from Lu & Birch was so amazing to work with! My wedding this September was full of twists & turns & re-planning due to the current COVID situation. Laura was able to be flexible and adapt to the new plans with ease and confidence. The day of the wedding was a lot of set-up and organization and Laura and her team were able to handle it all professionally while successfully bringing my vision to life.

Sent on 09/16/2020

Maggie M. · Married on 06/13/2020

Laura is the best!

As a couple impacted by Covid, we worked with Laura on our wedding for basically two years. She was by far the most supportive, flexible, and reasonable vendor we worked with.
    On our wedding day she was a rockstar and the details shined through. It's just one small anecdote, but Laura was so on top of things that she delayed our bridal party speeches because one of our parents was in the restroom.
    She was on top of everything. We could not give her a higher recommendation.

Sent on 06/06/2021
  • Brenna

Brenna B. · Married on 11/23/2019

Lu & birch is amazing!

Honestly, if I could give each rating for Laura TEN stars I would! From the beginning, my mom and I LOVED her (and that's an understatement). We met with Laura twice (and another time with just my mom) before the wedding to go over the timeline/run down of the whole day, and not once did I feel that she wasn't prepared. Also, she met us in Illinois (northern suburbs) and drove all the way from Milwaukee to accommodate us when my mom and I couldn't make it to Milwaukee after work hours during the middle of the week.

For lack of better words, she "bent over backwards" in helping us with logistics of dropping off decor when we didn't have enough room in our cars (she even dropped off our wedding cake at the hotel the next day after the wedding- I mean come on, how awesome!) She ran the rehearsal walk thru the night before the wedding in 15 minutes flat- even though the location was moved last minute, which did not fluster her at all. She spent HOURS contacting the DJ, band, caterer, photographer, florist, officiant, etc. and took copious notes which showed us how organized and on top of everything she really was!

She is an absolute delight, and coming from someone was skeptical of hiring a day of coordinator, I would urge anyone reading this to hire Laura from Lu & Birch!!! I had the best time at the wedding and not once did I feel overwhelmed or annoyed with her- she knew exactly how much to assist and when not to step in. Everyone commented to me how smooth the wedding ran and I can say truly it was because of Laura! She is sweet, knowledgable, easy going, understanding, and overall one of the main reasons I felt our wedding was a HUGE success!

I give her the highest possible recommendation! She will make your wedding seamless, I promise! (I only wish I could work with her again... but hopefully I am only getting married once, haha). I am Team Laura 1000%!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Lu + Birch, Day-of Event Coordination FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 100.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Guest List Creation
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• 144 E. Wells St. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53202 See on map
    414-563-7841 (Phone number)
    Location of (Lu + Birch, Day-of Event Coordination)