220 N. Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60661 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 30

About Liven It Up Events

Liven It Up Events is a full-service wedding and event planning and production company in Chicago, Illinois. They endeavor to assist their clients in their journey to create a clear wedding vision. Liven It Up Events utilizes tried-and-true planning methods, innovative ideas, and cutting-edge event resources. Throughout the years, they have maintained relationships and developed their professional expertise in order to make events come to life. Through this process, they believe that they are able to strengthen their relationship with their clients, fostering the production of memorable events and experiences.

Liven It Up Events offers planning and design services to their clients. Their team specializes in creating customized boutique weddings. The betrothed couple's narrative is honored through the design and coordination of their wedding event. In order to promote an outstanding event, Liven It Up Events is pleased to assist with food, venues, design, stationery, and more. Whatever their clients require, they are happy to deliver. Referrals and timelines are also given with any planning package.

Follow Liven It Up Events on

Other couples have also viewed

• Naturally Yours Events

Videos 1 Video

72 Reviews for Liven It Up Events

• Kattan

Kattan W. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Dedicated! She literally climbed inside my dress to bustle it!

worked with Kim to plan my wedding. I cannot say enough about what a help she was.

In the early stages of planning, Kim helped me narrow my approved vendor list to select those which were right for our event, surely saving us time and money.

Closer to our wedding date, Kim and I had a sit down to discuss all of the details I would have never thought of until I regretted not addressing it. From a dress reveal to the logistics of pinning the boutonnieres on the groomsmen, Kim had a solution for everything.

Thank you for letting me borrow your handkerchief, I needed it more than I knew!

My favorite advice she gave was what to do about a bouquet toss. We did not invite children to our wedding and most of my friends are already married. Kim suggested just passing the bouquet to my newly engaged maid of honor. This was such a special moment affirming our lifelong friendship.

Quite comically, our reverend for hire lingered well past his welcome, drinking and eating to his heart's content during cocktail hour. Kim put her foot down to communicate he was not invited to the reception. (This had been previously discussed with him, he was just being very stubborn)

I'd certainly recommend Liven It Up Events to any friends or strangers!

Sent on 03/26/2020

Liven It Up Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you choosing to work with our team and that you had such a great experience with Kim. Weddings are a once in a lifetime experience and from everyone here at Liven It Up, we are all so glad yours was wonderful!

Thank you again and congrats!

Jennifer P. · Married on 06/05/2020

You should strongly consider a DOC

Trisha from Liven It Up Events was just what the doctor ordered for my wedding day. I am a pretty typical type A bride, so I was pretty good at the whole wedding planning thing, making lists, checking reviews, setting up vendor meetings and booking them, but I knew in order to enjoy my day to the fullest I was going to need a day of coordinator. There is no way I would be able to relax on my wedding day if I had to check on every vendor and make sure they were there and doing what they were supposed to be doing and also getting the ceremony and reception spaces set up. No way and no thank you. I had a good feeling about Trisha from our initial phone interview. She has this presence in her voice that says, “I’ve got this, don’t worry”. She is a great mix of being both professional and friendly. Your day of coordination actually starts about 4 months out where you have your initial meeting to gather information about your big day and get her started on making your timeline. The next meeting comes a few weeks before the wedding to do a walkthrough at your venue and finalize things. Trisha was so knowledgeable at the walkthrough and it was very comforting to hear everything coming together. Trisha also attended our rehearsal and she helped to get everyone prepared for what was going to happen the next day. That was so helpful because we weren’t getting married in a church or using a professional officiant so without her we would’ve been lost. Day of she was great and had an assistant with her, Lora, who was also very helpful. Trisha was often running back and forth between me and my groom and checking in with vendors to make sure everything was happening that should’ve been. As far as I know there were no problems on my wedding day, and that is exactly why I hired a DOC. Even if there were issues I never knew about them and I was able to relax, as much as a bride can. Thank you again Lora and Trisha!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Liven It Up Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy that Trisha and the team could be with you on the day of your wedding! Thank you for choosing to work with us and CONGRATS!
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 01/08/2020

The BEST Experience

If anyone is in need of a wedding planner, I highly suggest you stop looking now and hire Kim at Liven It Up Events immediately!!! Talk about an amazing individual!

I was first referred to Liven It Up Events by another one of our vendors and boy am I ever so GRATEFUL!!! When we first booked Kim, never could I have imagined how much of a lifesaver should would be. Due to COVID, our original wedding date of May 16, 2020 was postponed to August 1, 2020. As we approached 8/1, my fiancé (now husband) and I realized that our original dream wedding of about 200 people would not happen. We completely scrapped our original plan, cancelled the venue and church, and planned a completely new wedding for 60 people at a private residence in a matter of 5 weeks. During this entire process, Kim was there for us. She took care of all the emails and phone calls and answered any and all questions that I had. And believe me, there were a lot! She put us into contact with new vendors that would be able to accommodate our new plan, and I can honestly say that without her, I have no idea what our wedding would have looked like. Kim is everything you need and want in a wedding planner, and much, much more. THANK YOU Kim for your professionalism and the dedication you have to your brides. We did not know it at the time, but as we look back now, you played a very important and essential role in bringing our dream wedding to life. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!

Sent on 08/17/2020

Liven It Up Events's reply:

i Nichole! First of all, I want to say, we know how difficult this year has been with having to change your wedding plans due to COVID rules. I can not thank you enough for sticking with us and Kim and the team helping to rework your wedding plans and making it just as wonderful as you imagined! Thank you so much for being great to work with and from all of us at LIU, we hope for a long and happy married life!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Liven It Up Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2200
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3500
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 7000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Logi Weddings Wedding Videographers

Anthony and the staff at Liven It Up Events is great to work with. We have worked with Anthony on several occasions and his events go smooth. He communicates well with vendors both prior to and during the event. Thumbs up to Liven It Up Events!

• Appease Wedding Hair & Makeup

Anthony and his team are amazing! We have provided hair & makeup services for many events coordinated by Liven It Up. They are so organized and responsive, friendly and reliable. It is always a pleasure to work with them. Carrie Novak, Owner at Appease inc.

• All Ceremonies Beautifully Done Wedding Officiants

It has often been my privilege and joy to work with the folks from Liven It Up -- and each experience has been better than the last! I can't say enough about their professionalism, attention to detail and, most importantly, their caring for each and every couple! They make my job as an officiant so much easier!

• 220 N. Halsted Street Chicago, IL, 60661 See on map
    By Appointment
    Location of (Liven It Up Events)