Greater Philadelphia Area, Philadelphia, PA 19119 Map · Phone number

About Lindsay Docherty Photography

My first word was “happy”. Though it was probably a fluke, I like to think it reflects my nature to be a generally bright and upbeat person. I’m petite yet full of energy and excitement. I can lounge in bed or wake up and hit the road without a destination (the latter is partially due to my terrible sense of direction). I love cooking alongside someone with the possibility of a food fight. My shoe laces never stay tied. I don’t like texting but I do it anyway. I choose the hat when I play Monopoly. I like my potatoes and applesauce lumpy. I only “LOL” if it’s true. I pull the chocolate chips out of chocolate chip cookies. I resent writing with anything besides a mechanical pencil. I like simple sentences and proper grammar. I love the noises my dog makes when she dreams. I am learning to dance the Lindy Hop on Wednesday nights. The shower is my favorite place. I’m a vegetarian cursed with loving barbecue sauce. I’m willing to try almost anything at least once. I’m game if you are.

Oh, you wanted to know about Lindsay the photographer…

I am the photographer who can bustle your dress in 2 minutes flat. I am the photographer who carries the safety pins and sewing kit to reattach it when you’ve danced so hard it breaks. I am the photographer who will tell you, really tell you, when you have something in your teeth, your strap is showing, or that cowlick is being wonky again. I am the photographer who will return your sweaty hug on the dance floor at the end of the night. I am the photographer who will be patient and calm but make sure that everything runs smoothly and on schedule. I am the photographer who doesn’t use 10 lights, 20 minutes, and micromanage every body part to “perfect” every picture. I am the photographer who knows that happy people beautiful things great situations = perfect pictures. I am the photographer who would rather take pictures of real people laughing than fashion models scowling. I am the photographer who has photographed hundreds of weddings and has been published all over. I am the photographer who would rather you look at each other and your guests than the camera. I am the photographer who appreciates every family heirloom, ribbon, sign, nibble, and flourish that you’ve picked to make your wedding yours.

I’m the photographer who goes for quality over quantity so that I can photograph every engagement session and wedding and really get to know your sweet, couple-y idiosyncrasies.

Hi, I’m Lindsay and I love what I do. Nice to meet you.

Follow Lindsay Docherty Photography on

Engagement session on Broad Street in Philadelphia during the naked bike ride
Engagement session on Broad Street in Philadelphia during the naked bike ride
Hindu bride before wedding
Hindu bride before wedding
beautiful bride on wedding day ld
Lindsay Docherty Photography
little girl at wedding ceremony ld
Lindsay Docherty Photography
goofing off at engagement sessionld
blog38JulieChuck

24 Reviews for Lindsay Docherty Photography

• Z

Zachary · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing Photography

Lindsay is absolutely amazing.

Hiring Lindsay was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She is extremely talented. Additionally, she is calming and funny; always knowing what to say to help us laugh and breathe. She is very well organized and her shot lists are made for efficient use of time.

Her photography is stunning. She beautifully captured our wedding, our friends and family, and all the details of our day.

Lindsay was a delight to work with and we highly recommend her!

Lily · Married on 10/15/2016

Choosing Lindsay to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding, and that feeling never wavered from the moment I sat down with her to talk engagement photos to the very last photo she took at our wedding reception. She is professional, fun, detail-oriented and has a great eye for capturing genuinely beautiful photos. Your photos are really all you take from your wedding day and I am so happy we trusted Lindsay with the task of ensuring we had pictures of all the details and special moments of our day. Not only is her work really the absolute best, but her joyful presence made our wedding that much better. My husband and I would highly recommend Lindsay, you will not be disappointed!

vanessa · Married on 06/14/2015

Lindsay is one of those vendors where I would take phone calls, leave messages and reviews in every possible manner. We actually found Lindsay at our friends wedding where she made my husband (fiance at the time) and I feel incredibly comfortable and fabulous as guests while she was photographing us. Our friends were married outside in a tent (which from an event planners prospective is a nightmare for photographs) and she blew us away. She was able to capture the sprawling landscape and also the intimate moments. I certainly think of myself as a very awkward picture taker and from our engagement shoot through the wedding I felt like my best friend was working with us. She put us at ease and as they say the proof is in the pudding. My friends and family have been gushing over my husband and I and most importantly themselves in every photograph Lindsay took from the wedding. My father in law was unable to attend our wedding due to a last minute issue which was horrible, but he cannot stop looking and crying over the photographs Lindsay has shared. She truly captured the feel and emotions of the wedding (which was insanity). She sent us teaser very quickly and even the full package well before some of my friends who were married before us. I was more concerned with my band during our planning and I am so grateful that we took the time to notice Lindsay because now I will remember my wedding just the way it was, every crazy wonderful moment. Thank you Lindsay!!

Award

Lindsay Docherty Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 5,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 6,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• Heart & Dash
    Heart & Dash Wedding Planners

Love working with Lindsay!! She is so fun to have as part of your big day, she gets you to open up and simply be yourself, which is exactly how you want to be captured!

• Gillian Marie Event Design
    Gillian Marie Event Design Wedding Planners

I cannot say enough about this talented photographer. Her photos capture her client's true essence, and make for lasting memories. If you are looking for someone that you can relate to; a photographer with energy and excitement... Lindsay is your girl! Lindsay loves her job, and it is obvious when looking at her work. It is no suprise that I have contracted Lindsay Docherty for my own wedding photos next year.I cannot wait to see the photos!! Check out Lindsay's Blog to find out what's hot in weddings!!!

• Greater Philadelphia Area Philadelphia, PA 19119 See on map
    4155153575 (Other Phone Number)
    by appointment