Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Lindsay Docherty Photography

My first word was “happy”. Though it was probably a fluke, I like to think it reflects my nature to be a generally bright and upbeat person. I’m petite yet full of energy and excitement. I can lounge in bed or wake up and hit the road without a destination (the latter is partially due to my terrible sense of direction). I love cooking alongside someone with the possibility of a food fight. My shoe laces never stay tied. I don’t like texting but I do it anyway. I choose the hat when I play Monopoly. I like my potatoes and applesauce lumpy. I only “LOL” if it’s true. I pull the chocolate chips out of chocolate chip cookies. I resent writing with anything besides a mechanical pencil. I like simple sentences and proper grammar. I love the noises my dog makes when she dreams. I am learning to dance the Lindy Hop on Wednesday nights. The shower is my favorite place. I’m a vegetarian cursed with loving barbecue sauce. I’m willing to try almost anything at least once. I’m game if you are.

Oh, you wanted to know about Lindsay the photographer…

I am the photographer who can bustle your dress in 2 minutes flat. I am the photographer who carries the safety pins and sewing kit to reattach it when you’ve danced so hard it breaks. I am the photographer who will tell you, really tell you, when you have something in your teeth, your strap is showing, or that cowlick is being wonky again. I am the photographer who will return your sweaty hug on the dance floor at the end of the night. I am the photographer who will be patient and calm but make sure that everything runs smoothly and on schedule. I am the photographer who doesn’t use 10 lights, 20 minutes, and micromanage every body part to “perfect” every picture. I am the photographer who knows that happy people beautiful things great situations = perfect pictures. I am the photographer who would rather take pictures of real people laughing than fashion models scowling. I am the photographer who has photographed hundreds of weddings and has been published all over. I am the photographer who would rather you look at each other and your guests than the camera. I am the photographer who appreciates every family heirloom, ribbon, sign, nibble, and flourish that you’ve picked to make your wedding yours.

I’m the photographer who goes for quality over quantity so that I can photograph every engagement session and wedding and really get to know your sweet, couple-y idiosyncrasies.

Hi, I’m Lindsay and I love what I do. Nice to meet you.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Philadelphia

Follow Lindsay Docherty Photography on

23 Reviews for Lindsay Docherty Photography

I would absolutely recommend Lindsay to anyone in the Philly area! She was incredible to work with. She said from the beginning that she's basically a 5 foot tall ninja at weddings, and we wouldn't even know she was there. She was right! Once the formal shots were over, I don't think I saw her the rest of the night, and yet she managed to capture EVERYTHING! From the expressions of guests' faces during speeches to dancing to gorgeous shots of the room/tables/lighting, she really did an exceptional job. We worked with her for our engagement shoot and those photos were fab too! Lindsay is super easy to work with - shots don't feel staged/posed, everything just feels totally natural. I really can't say enough good things about her personality and quality of her work. I'm so happy with how all the photos turned out! THANK YOU LINDSAY!!!

Profile Picture Aly, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Choosing Lindsay to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding, and that feeling never wavered from the moment I sat down with her to talk engagement photos to the very last photo she took at our wedding reception. She is professional, fun, detail-oriented and has a great eye for capturing genuinely beautiful photos. Your photos are really all you take from your wedding day and I am so happy we trusted Lindsay with the task of ensuring we had pictures of all the details and special moments of our day. Not only is her work really the absolute best, but her joyful presence made our wedding that much better. My husband and I would highly recommend Lindsay, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lily, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lindsay is one of those vendors where I would take phone calls, leave messages and reviews in every possible manner. We actually found Lindsay at our friends wedding where she made my husband (fiance at the time) and I feel incredibly comfortable and fabulous as guests while she was photographing us. Our friends were married outside in a tent (which from an event planners prospective is a nightmare for photographs) and she blew us away. She was able to capture the sprawling landscape and also the intimate moments. I certainly think of myself as a very awkward picture taker and from our engagement shoot through the wedding I felt like my best friend was working with us. She put us at ease and as they say the proof is in the pudding. My friends and family have been gushing over my husband and I and most importantly themselves in every photograph Lindsay took from the wedding. My father in law was unable to attend our wedding due to a last minute issue which was horrible, but he cannot stop looking and crying over the photographs Lindsay has shared. She truly captured the feel and emotions of the wedding (which was insanity). She sent us teaser very quickly and even the full package well before some of my friends who were married before us. I was more concerned with my band during our planning and I am so grateful that we took the time to notice Lindsay because now I will remember my wedding just the way it was, every crazy wonderful moment. Thank you Lindsay!!

Profile Picture vanessa, 6/14/15, 2 Reviews

220x220 sq 1503604388565 591 sitanard b
220x220 sq 1503604522763 260 steviebrandon
220x220 sq 1503604561015 648 lisajeff

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Love working with Lindsay!! She is so fun to have as part of your big day, she gets you to open up and simply be yourself, which is exactly how you want to be captured!

I cannot say enough about this talented photographer. Her photos capture her client's true essence, and make for lasting memories. If you are looking for someone that you can relate to; a photographer with energy and excitement... Lindsay is your girl! Lindsay loves her job, and it is obvious when looking at her work. It is no suprise that I have contracted Lindsay Docherty for my own wedding photos next year.I cannot wait to see the photos!! Check out Lindsay's Blog to find out what's hot in weddings!!!

Events