Laura Hooper Calligraphy

Alexandria, VA View map

With each graceful curve of the pen our handpainted calligraphy will add elegance and sophistication setting the tone for the wedding of your dreams. Handwritten using pointed pen and ink techniques, each envelope, invitation or place card is its own piece of art. Individual, personalized designs by our creative and artistic staff will lend an air of romance to your event.

Hand-painted and hand-penned original artwork and calligraphy is the only way to decorate items for special events seeking to create memories to be cherished. Located in the DC area, this world class calligraphy can be shipped anywhere in the US and around the world to make your event beautiful and tasteful.

Sample packs can be purchased on our website here: http://lhcalligraphy.com/product/sample-kit/

Please direct all inquiries to alyssa@lhcalligraphy.com and envelope orders can be place directly through our website here: http://lhcalligraphy.com/product/envelope-calligraphy/

• Morgan
    Morgan H. Married on 09/19/2020

15 out of 10 - Choose Laura!!

Laura did gorgeous work for our wedding invitation suite and day-of materials. She is extremely talented and everything was perfect. Working with Alyssa through planning and re-planning due to COVID was so easy, and she never made me feel rushed or stressed despite shifting timelines. Both Alyssa and Laura are so helpful and creative as well, suggesting paper colors and texture combinations to make the suite truly unforgettable. They were extremely accommodating with sending samples, and photos, and being responsive to get the final product just right. I can not speak highly enough about this team - If you entrust your vision to Laura and Alyssa, they will far exceed your expectations!
  • anna
    Anna S. Married on 10/26/2019

perfect calligraphy

I am a hand-letterer myself, so it goes without saying that I am a major handwriting/calligraphy snob. I searched for months to find the perfect calligrapher to address the envelopes for my invitations, and as soon as I found Laura I knew she was the one. Not only was the calligraphy absolutely flawless, but Laura even customized the ink color to match my invitations. Alyssa was such a joy to work with, always so quick to respond, and super patient as we went through 5 rounds of adding more envelopes to be addressed. Our invitations truly ended up being a work of art. If you are wondering whether it is worth the investment, it is 100%. You will not regret choosing Laura for your wedding calligraphy needs!
    Alexis Married on 10/29/2016
    It goes without saying that Laura Hooper Calligraphy is unparalleled in service and product. Laura did my wedding envelopes and a gorgeous custom map that my fiance and I are using as a guest book. Her attention to detail is fabulous and Alyssa in particular was a pleasure to work with. I look forward to using her services for years to come!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

34 photos · 06/06/2017
  • Viktor & Anna
    31 photos · 10/31/2016

Timeless Celebrations Timeless Celebrations Wedding Planners

I have the pleasure of meeting Laura when she first launched her business and actually used her services for my own wedding. I am so proud to see her amazing creative talents and calligraphy skills appreciated worldwide. My favorite signature item of Laura's are her custom wedding day maps. Each unique, always perfect and VERY fun!

A Savvy Event A Savvy Event Wedding Planners

Laura is AMAZING...I don't know what more we can say about her! She is professional, reliable, quick and so easy to work with! Our clients just love her and we love her so much we used her for our own weddings! She is so talented!!! Thank you Laura for all your hard work for our clients and the beautiful job you did on our weddings!

The Card Bar The Card Bar Wedding Invitations

Laura's work surely speaks for itself...she does beautiful hand lettered calligraphy and amazing hand drawn maps! My clients who have worked with Laura have all gushed about her work. She even hand lettered my own logo (which I love!). Laura is also a very nice person, and on-the-ball with her clients. I highly recommend Laura for any calligraphy needs you may have.

109 N Fairfax Fl 3 Alexandria, VA, 22314

Please contact via email only hello@lhcalligraphy.com
Location of (Laura Hooper Calligraphy)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding