206 West Main Street, Carrboro, NC 27510 Map · Phone number

About KPO Photo

Storytellers with a Camera

KPO Photo is a group of documentary photographers based out of Carrboro, North Carolina.

ugwo1803kpo
fah1937KPO
031flynn0369kpo

4 Reviews for KPO Photo

Kate · Married on 02/20/2015

Kristin capture our weeding so beautifully! 8 year and 4 children later - we still love to look at the photos and remember. She was wonderful to work with. Her presence on the day of was so laid back and cheerful. She got beautiful journalistic shots of my husband and I walking the grounds of our venue together in between the ceremony and reception. It was our favorite part of the day, having those moments alone. It felt so romantic and intimate, yet Kirstin was there capturing it for us. She took an amazing sparkler exit shot of us. We have it up in our house and just about everyone who comes over comments on it.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Sally · Married on 07/14/2012

I really loved working with Kristin. Not only is she down to earth, she also has an exceptional eye for capturing the most special of moments. We booked her for everything: engagement shoot, bridal shoot, bridal lunch, groom lunch, rehearsal/dinner, and of course the entire wedding day. We gave her a long list of shots we wanted (especially portraits with family) but she was very accommodating. Our pictures turned out stunning. It took about a month to get all our photos, but it was so worth it because she spends a LOT of time with them. Even though it was hard to wait so long, I'm so glad we did!

Sent on 08/07/2012

0.6
      0.5
      2.0
      1.0
      0.0
      0.0

As one reviewer has already noted below, Kristin can be very difficult to deal with, and is not at all transparent about her pricing. We booked her a full year in advance of our wedding, and several weeks before the wedding she sent us a bill including several costs which were not agreed to in the contract that we had signed 11 months earlier. But given the proximity of our wedding, it was too late to find a new photographer. I called Kristin to express my shock at the new price and remind her that it was completely inconsistent with the prices listed on her website (which I was looking at and citing while we were on the phone). Kristin responded by accusing me of “nickel and diming her” and telling me that she was the owner of the business, and she and only she sets pricing, so we would have to deal with it. I had to wonder if this is her business model—wait until the last minute to change the price on you, knowing that it’s too late to change photographers since everyone is booked, so she has all the leverage (that is, if you want a photographer at your wedding). Never in my life have I written one of these reviews, but our experience with Kristin was so horrendous and shocking, that I felt compelled to let the broader community know. DO NOT make the same mistake we did—choose a better photographer who will not be rude to you and will actually treat you like a customer and a human being—DO NOT USE KPO PHOTO.

Sent on 01/13/2015

KPO Photo FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

• Rev. Barbara Lodge
    Rev. Barbara Lodge Wedding Officiants

Check out their website to see how beautiful their work is. You will not be disappointed!

• An Elegant Affair
    An Elegant Affair Wedding Planners

I have worked with Kristin for over ten years. During that time, we have done numerous weddings together. She is always professional, on time and efficient. She is easy going and puts the bride & groom at ease. In fact, she is almost invisible on the wedding day, doing her job and capturing all those "moments" that cannot be staged but must be snapped quickly. She has a great "eye" for the important details. The end result, is a bride who is thrilled with her photos and has the difficult job of culling the photos down to fit in an album.

• 206 West Main Street Carrboro, 27510 See on map