Kathryn Cooper Weddings

New York, NY View map
$4,200 Most Popular Price

$4,200 Most Popular Price

No matter where in the world you're getting married, I photograph unique, beautiful, and quirky weddings & elopements in the most fun, amazing, and stress-free way possible. Cookie-cutter photos? Heck no! I'm a photojournalist, which means that in addition to catching your ceremony and family photos, I focus on candid moments: surprises, laughs, crazy dance moves, and incredible reactions that tell the story of your day. Occasionally I'll do a cool pose, but most of the time I let you talk, laugh, and enjoy everything you've planned. My photos are natural and not overly edited, so they showcase you, the place, and the moment. I especially love time alone with just the bride and groom, because doing portrait sessions--whether in another country, under the water, or using light painting and night--makes your photos stand out. I pick and choose just a few weddings a year so I can get creative and truly capture the essence of the two of you. If you're fun and creative, and are open to having an awesome photographer (or photo team, if you're having a bigger celebration!) catch all the amazing moments of your day, I'm your gal!

• Woman-owned

• S Fox
    Simone Married on 08/27/2022

Kathryn is Amazing!

Kathryn is amazing to work with! As a wedding photographer myself, I chose her for her creativity, flexibility, and vibrant colors. We worked together on several weddings ourselves so I knew I could trust her to capture things the way I would have. She is detail-oriented and always on the hunt for all those in-between moments you miss while you're focusing on getting married. All while keeping the experience unobtrusive, fun, and easy. You can’t go wrong hiring Kathryn!
  • Chris
    Chris Married on 10/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A love is love photographer!

Book her!!! I have so many good things to say about booking Kathryn Cooper as your photographer! My girlfriend and I connected with her for a couples session and we cherish all of the photos she delivered to us. As a same-sex couple, it can be hard to feel comfortable or natural around new photographers, but Kathryn put us so at ease, validated us, and it felt like we knew her for many years! So if you're LGBTQ+ we definitely recommend using her - you can tell she loves to capture all love! The photos she captured of us really made our personalities shine through and I don't think we have ever worked with a photographer that had more tricks up their sleeves! Also she has the best stories to tell while snapping away photos, her life is as colorful as the photos she edits. She knows how to capture all of the right and special moments to make her photos the ones you always want to look back at. 5 stars!
    Aleigha P. Married on 02/02/2020

Sint Maarten Destination Wedding with Kathryn Cooper

5 STARS?? More like 20!!! Let me start with saying, Kathryn was one of the best investments made for my wedding day. After having sorted through literally dozens upon dozens of photographers, my now wife stumbled upon Kathryn's IG account (@kathryncooperweddings) and the search was instantly over. Her eye is unlike any other, finding art and beauty in the most simple items. I went from searching through boring, cookie cutter, staged looking photos to Kathryn's. Every shot told a story. Each shot drew you in, and just when you thought she could not top one, she would surprise you with another.

My wife and I were fortunate that her schedule was free and she made our wedding day and adventure shoot a fairytale dream come to reality. Kathryn went above and beyond anything we could ask for. She scouted our adventure shoot locations,
    and timed perfectly our wedding day sunset shot. While we worried, she remained calm, cool, and ready for whatever. Every moment was an opportunity for her to capture something special.

Almost 3 months later and I still spend hours looking at our photos because they take me back to a wonderful time. Every time I look, I see something more spectacular, or that I had missed. I am constantly amazed and at times in awe as to how she was able to capture so many of these moments.

Every shot, well placed frame, everything done with the same reflection of the love for life, laughter and energy of the photographer, Kathryn Cooper, as well as the couple.

Kathryn you are truly blessed with an eye for that which is honest, true and beautiful. You are a storyteller behind your lens. It was more than our pleasure having you be a part of our wedding team. We anxiously await our next opportunity to work with you again. Many more adventure shoots to plan that you absolutely must capture for us.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Harlan Kramer Films Harlan Kramer Films Wedding Videographers

Awesome photographer. Very creative and a super person.

89 E 42nd St New York, NY, 10017
Location of (Kathryn Cooper Weddings)

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding