Brooklyn, NY 11218 Map · Phone number

About Kathempel Photography

Katje Hempel draws from photojournalism to embed herself in the lives of her subjects, pairing artistic mastery with extreme sensitivity. She has followed the US Ambassador to Tunisia through his private gardens on the ocean in Tunis. She's captured the sense of wonder in a newly formed family as they welcome a daughter into their home in Park Slope. She's documented the furtive glance between a bride and groom as they first see each other before a large ceremony, as well as just moments after they tied the knot at City Hall in Manhattan. Her work reveals the intimate emotion that cannot be captured with language alone.

Follow Kathempel Photography on

183abca2bb27e35a 1244668038219 2009 17 55
Events013

7 Reviews for Kathempel Photography

Hillary · Married on 06/14/2013

Katje was so great to work with. She was friendly and very responsive to our needs. She told us our pictures would take about six weeks, we asked her to email us a couple for our reception which she was more than happy to do. She sent us about 20 BEAUTIFUL pictures only 3 days after the ceremony. She went above and beyond for us. She knew the good spots to take pictures, and was very fun to be with; we had a great experience with her! Her pictures are magnificent. I would HIGHLY recommend her for anyone in the Brooklyn area looking for a photographer.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Elyse · Married on 02/17/2013

Katje is such an amazing photographer. My husband and I have used her for our wedding and engagement photos. She has such a wonderful eye and is able to catch such beautiful moments without being intrusive. We love her personality and she was so easy to work with which was great considering how my husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of the camera. We are such dorks. Katje has become part of our large family and I cant wait to work with her again. She will definitely be our go to photographer.

Sent on 03/25/2013

Erica · Married on 05/29/2011

Katje was an incredible photographer and captured my wife and my wedding with such enthusiasm. We met Kat for the first time for our engagement shoot. Immediately we hit it off. Kat has a way where you automatically feel comfortable with her from the start. We had a great day of shooting with her and not only was our professional relationship blossoming but a real friendship blossomed as well. A few months later Kat and her assistant came to Cape Cod to shoot our wedding. We already felt comfortable with Kat and we were both able to take pictures with such ease. Kat's assistant was also phemoninal! They worked so well together and the whole night was captured so beautifully with both of their amazing work. People at the wedding were actually snapping pictures of Kat photographing us because she was having such a blast and dancing her butt off embetween shots. It was so awesome for everyone to see someone enjoying their job as much as she seemed to be. I would recommend Katje and her team to anyone who wants to have a professional but extremely fun photographer who will capture a night that will be remembered forever.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Award

Kathempel Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Flush Mount
    Prints
    Proofs

• Kimberly Salem Photography Wedding Photographers

Katje is not only an amazing photographer, but also a joy to be around. She is a wonderful presence at a wedding and has a way of making everyone around her feel comfortable and relaxed. I have worked with her several times and it is always a great experience! I also refer weddings on dates when I am already booked to Katje, because I can trust that she is a professional and will always do an amazing job.

• EM Event Management Wedding Planners

I had the pleasure of working with Katje at a wedding June 2010. She was a real pro and was a joy to work with. My client had a lot of family group shots (quite a daunting list) and she was able to get through them all and they still had time for cocktail hour! This was my first time working with Katje (my client had a referral from a friend). I'm a wedding coordinator and it is critical that all of the vendors work together as a team even if they've never worked together before. Of course, we communicated prior to the event, and Katje always responded in a very quick manner. The photos turned out beautifully, her turn over time was quick and best of all, she danced with the guests as she took dancing shots! I now have Kathempel Photography on my preferred vendor list. Emily Lester - EM Event Management

• Brooklyn, 11218 See on map
    Location of (Kathempel Photography)