Punta Sur, Cancun, MX MX 0000Z Map · Phone number

About Kate Bahnsen Photography

I am a photographer who lives on Isla Mujeres in Mexico.

I fell head over heels in love with photography 20 years ago whilst studying it at school in the UK and went on to study a further two years at college. It was a different era with darkrooms, chemicals and film. These days digital cameras have made this art accessible to everyone and whilst i agree that anyone can get lucky and snap a fabulous shot, I believe that it takes practise and a good eye to be consistently good enough to get a collection of beautiful shots for a wedding portfolio together whilst under pressure at an event. It is relatively easy to photograph the bride and groom but far more difficult to capture the love that exists between them. It is this ability to shoot the "elusive" love, fun and intimacy of the day that makes for truly beautiful photos.

So what had started out as a hobby, progressed to "favours for friends" has happily snowballed into a photography career specialising in wedding photography.

I tied the knot in 2008 and foolishly thought it would be easy to organise our wedding in Mexico myself, so I totally understand how you are trying to create a perfect day within a budget, often by phone and email from another country. It is amazing how hard that can be, and having had to trawl internet sites trying to find a photographer for our day who wasnt a "destination photographer" (obscenely expensive), who spoke fluent English and actually returned my emails was a serious challenge and made me realise that a there was a huge demand for an affordable, reliable photographer. So here we are.

Browsing through my wedding portfolio and galleries you will find that my style is to shoot in black & white, especially the "candids" but I always ensure that there is a large collection of colour shots too.

Please feel free to email me with any questions that you have or any ideas or specific shots that you would like included in your portfolio.

I look forward to meeting you.

Kate

Isla Mujeres
Mexico

For all the insider information you could ever need for getting married on Isla Mujeres go to www.gettingmarriedonislamujeres.blogspot.com

© Kate Bahnsen Photography

KBPatwork
25a4144a09114462 1315245810935 DSC76071

3 Reviews for Kate Bahnsen Photography

Liz · Married on 04/23/2011

Kate was amazing to work with and had a fabulous eye for great photos. As soon as I met her, I felt comfortable. I was a bit nervous because we had a destination wedding and I had never met Kate, but all my fears were put aside immediately. I strongly recommend her!

Sent on 09/10/2011

barett · Married on 03/04/2011

Kate was wonderful I could not of hired a better photographer. She did way more to accommodate me than she had to. She took tons of pictures, and they all looked amazing. It rained on me on my wedding day and caused a major delay. Kate stuck with us way longer than she had to, to make sure I got all of this pictures I wanted. She is very affordable, flexible, and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2011

Josie · Married on 02/14/2011

Kate was absolutely a dream come true for our wedding pics. She was professional and alot of fun. She was extremely creative and we were so happy that we also did the "Rock the Frock" session (Trash the Dress). Wedding pictures are very important part of your day - leaving you with beautiful memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 09/10/2011

Kate Bahnsen Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

• SunHorse Weddings
    SunHorse Weddings Wedding Planners

We have worked with Kate so many times I can't count. All of our brides love her. She is very fun to work with and really listens to our clients. I am happy to recommend her photography services to any bride getting married on Isla Mujeres.

• Punta Sur Isla Mujeres See on map