Just Henna by Shazia

Gaithersburg, MD View map

1 User photo

Kashni S. Married on 09/25/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Shazia - she is not only an amazing mendhi artist but an absolutely amazing person!! I honestly created a WeddingWire account solely to leave a review for her. My mendhi session was 7 hours - we started at 11:00 am and ended around 6:00 pm for my hands and feet and then she worked with my mother-in-law for about another hour to do her hands. For as long as we were together, the time flew by - she was so easy to talk to and such a pleasure to make conversation with. Not only did she have great instructions for me on how to care for my mendhi to ensure a good stain, but she had great insights into last minute wedding details my husband and I were trying to finalize.

I did not prep for the session ahead of time so did not bring designs or styles that I was interested in having done, so I ended up leaving it completely up to her on the mendhi design for my hands/arms and feet. Throughout the session, she would check-in to make sure that I liked the design and each and every time, it far exceeded my expectations. There was so much detail included and both sides of my feet and hands were perfectly symmetrical, it was amazing. The mendhi she uses is homemade and natural, and the stain that it leaves is very dark. I think the biggest benefit to how she makes her mendhi is that it does not have a very strong smell, as most other mendhi mixes do. She also uses this wonderful spray to set the mendhi that includes a wonderful rose scent. She is a veteran in the industry and her name and work absolutely lives up to the hype - book her immediately!!
  • Carrie
    Carrie W. Married on 09/18/2021

So highly recommend!!

Shazia was amazing -- cannot recommend enough! She came to my now in-laws house 2 days before our western wedding and 3 days before our Indian wedding to do the bridal henna for me. I did not know what to expect from that experience but was very pleasantly surprised. It was a relaxing and fun day amongst the wedding planning chaos! I thoroughly enjoyed her company and it was amazing to watch her work.

Importantly, the henna came out absolutely stunning. I received so many compliments throughout the wedding and beyond. Her work is incredible. She incorporated mountains (since we lived in Colorado), palm tree/beach scene (for where we got engaged in Hawaii), and peacocks similar to our wedding invitation design. She also added our dog's face to the middle of one of the mandalas on my foot which was so fun to have! Otherwise she listened to my preferences to not make anything too dark or filled in but completed it all with incredible design. It was truly a work of art.
    Shayma J. Married on 09/05/2021

Don't Think Twice!

Shazia is incredibly, incredibly talented, but more importantly she is kind, communicative, warm, and flexible. I could not wish for a more perfect henna artist. Shazia brought my vision to life and meticulously designed my henna-- which received rave compliments all around. The day of her service I faced a minor wedding crisis-- Shazia calmed me, picked up her phone to help me make urgent calls, and told me stories as she drew my henna to make me feel better. I am so grateful. Hire Shazia-- you will be thankful!!!!

Gaithersburg, MD, 20878
Location of (Just Henna by Shazia)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding