12955 Riverside Dr. #108, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 Map · Phone number

About JPR Weddings

I officiate non-denominational, interfaith, cross-cultural and same sex wedding ceremonies.

Ordained 20+ years, I've met hundreds of good, funny, wonderful couples. I've officiated wedding ceremonies as diverse as Muslim/Hindu, Muslim/Jewish, Christian/Atheist.

I've seen a pot-bellied pig as a ring bearer and a bride's cousin belly dance with a sword balanced on her head as she presented the rings!

I'm not going to say that I've seen it all, but I've witnessed a lot. And I've loved it all!

I believe that in a wedding, a couple invites family and friends to celebrate the great good they have found in each other — and bear witness as they pledge to continue to create a life-giving life together. Folks put aside the messiness of daily life and remember what really matters — love, loyalty, family, friends. This is what I help a couple celebrate. . .

I don't have pre-printed ceremonies as I work with a couple to create a ceremony that reflects them. Five years after your wedding no one will remember what I said, but they'll remember the tone and feeling of it all.

Many couples who come to me desire a ceremony that honors the sacredness of what they're doing without it being religious or denominational. "Sacred" (not "stuffy") in the sense that when you give your word to another, that giving is bigger than the two of you.

Your life together began the first moment you met. Your wedding is an oasis along your journey— celebrating the life you've created and honoring the life you're committed to creating.

My hope is that your ceremony provides a touchstone for your life together.

41 Reviews for JPR Weddings

• Sydney

Sydney · Married on 09/15/2018

Incredible officiant, perfectly unique ceremony

Cannot possibly express how amazing JP is! We got married in Joshua Tree but we live in Chicago. We met JP once in person but also had a few Skype meetings with him. He provided some sage advice on writing our own vows, asked thoughtful questions which gave him great insight into our relationship and was willing to perform a cultural tradition we wanted incorporated during our ceremony as well. He crafted a ceremony that was heartfelt, thoughtful, and captivating for the audience. He managed to include the audience in the ceremony, which we loved. And he shared the most amazing/applicable words of good cheer as well. He is well-spoken and professional. The ceremony flowed perfectly. You won’t regret hiring JP!

Diana · Married on 03/16/2018

It was such a pleasure working with JP. We were lucky enough to have met him through my cousin, who he also officiated. He has a kind heart and genuinely cares for his clients and their big day. He is a seasoned officiant but he's far from jaded; he loves what he does and it shows. We knew he was going to be our officiant after our first consultation. He was very easy to talk to and answered all of our questions thoroughly. On the big day there's so much happening around us, but JP's presence really set the mood and helped calm our nerves. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant. We love JP and would recommend him to all of our loved ones.

Misty · Married on 12/17/2017

JP created a beautiful wedding ceremony for us, it was everything we wanted. He did an incredible job and we are so happy with how the ceremony turned out. Before we met JP, we thought we needed a family member or friend to officiate our wedding ceremony in order to make it personal enough. We were torn about what to do. We aren't overly religious and wanted our ceremony to still have tradition and meaning. After meeting JP, we knew he was the right person. JP was willing to meet with us in person, via Skype/phone, and even at his home. He was very prompt with his email replies. On our wedding day, he didn't read from a prewritten script. He remembered our loved ones names and the flow of the ceremony was seamless. The ceremony was perfect, at least for us. It was personal, meaningful, and reflected us. Our family and friends complimented our ceremony and how he did such an amazing job. It was such a pleasure working with JP!

JPR Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 450.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 75.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Hindu, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Kevin Covey Wedding & Event Coordination
    Kevin Covey Wedding & Event Coordination Wedding Planners

JP is a great officiant, classy & always professional. My couples always love their ceremony and JP gives that feeling to guests that he has known the couple for years.

• 12955 Riverside Dr., #108 Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 See on map