12955 Riverside Dr. #108, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 Map · Phone number

About JPR Weddings

I officiate non-denominational, interfaith, cross-cultural and same sex wedding ceremonies.

Ordained 20+ years, I've met hundreds of good, funny, wonderful couples. I've officiated wedding ceremonies as diverse as Muslim/Hindu, Muslim/Jewish, Christian/Atheist.

I've seen a pot-bellied pig as a ring bearer and a bride's cousin belly dance with a sword balanced on her head as she presented the rings!

I'm not going to say that I've seen it all, but I've witnessed a lot. And I've loved it all!

I believe that in a wedding, a couple invites family and friends to celebrate the great good they have found in each other — and bear witness as they pledge to continue to create a life-giving life together. Folks put aside the messiness of daily life and remember what really matters — love, loyalty, family, friends. This is what I help a couple celebrate. . .

I don't have pre-printed ceremonies as I work with a couple to create a ceremony that reflects them. Five years after your wedding no one will remember what I said, but they'll remember the tone and feeling of it all.

Many couples who come to me desire a ceremony that honors the sacredness of what they're doing without it being religious or denominational. "Sacred" (not "stuffy") in the sense that when you give your word to another, that giving is bigger than the two of you.

Your life together began the first moment you met. Your wedding is an oasis along your journey— celebrating the life you've created and honoring the life you're committed to creating.

My hope is that your ceremony provides a touchstone for your life together.

43 Reviews for JPR Weddings

• Mia

Mia Grossman · Married on 04/06/2019

JP Reynolds: The Officiant Of Our Dreams!

My husband and I came to JP with a myriad of asks in mind for our big day. My husband was especially particular about finding the perfect officiant; he had a Catholic upbringing and wanted a very meaningful ceremony, but did not want the stodgy feel that can sometimes accompany these mass-type ceremonies. Our ceremony was outdoors, and we wanted it to feel very positive, very upbeat, and be personalized to us and our story. From the moment I came across JP's website, I knew I couldn't wait to speak with him and see if he was the right fit for our day. His website stood out from the rest and I had a very good feeling that he would be able to give us the exact ceremony we were after, based upon what he presented. We wanted a ceremony that was not at all cheesy, was not gimmicky, was not canned, but was real and authentic to us. When we spoke with JP on the phone and met with him in person afterwards, our connection with him was immediate. He put us at ease and his presence actually felt familiar. We were so grateful that he was available for our day and booked him immediately. He is incredibly detail-oriented and, after getting to know us and what we were looking for, he took us through the entire ceremony, and explained each part. Our asks were unique, in that we wanted to exchange the traditional vows, but also wanted him to incorporate our sentiments to one another in the ceremony, but with one caveat: we did not want the pressure of saying them out loud. A true master of his craft, JP wove together a beautiful beyond words ceremony that expertly granted all of our wishes. His flexibility and creativity with our unique meets timeless ceremony is something we are very, very grateful for! His presence that day was calming and special alike; he arrived over an hour before the ceremony to make sure Chris and I were prepared and knew exactly what we needed to do. Every single one of our guests that night commented on what a memorable and beautiful ceremony it was. They all told us how much they enjoyed it all, and how real it was. Some of our friends even said that they stopped taking pictures and put their phones down because they wanted to take it all in. My uncle even asked JP afterwards it he was related to my husband, because it seemed like he knew us so well.

JP was an integral part of making our day as perfect as it was and we are forever grateful to him for truly setting the tone of the entire night with such a thoughtful and magical ceremony.

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful Ceremony!

The ceremony at our wedding was so special, and JP was a part of that. He helped guide us through the process of how our ceremony should be structured, and curated to be personal while combining some traditional Jewish elements. The beautiful words he shared with us that day were really lovely, I'd definitely recommend JP!

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 09/15/2018

Incredible officiant, perfectly unique ceremony

Cannot possibly express how amazing JP is! We got married in Joshua Tree but we live in Chicago. We met JP once in person but also had a few Skype meetings with him. He provided some sage advice on writing our own vows, asked thoughtful questions which gave him great insight into our relationship and was willing to perform a cultural tradition we wanted incorporated during our ceremony as well. He crafted a ceremony that was heartfelt, thoughtful, and captivating for the audience. He managed to include the audience in the ceremony, which we loved. And he shared the most amazing/applicable words of good cheer as well. He is well-spoken and professional. The ceremony flowed perfectly. You won’t regret hiring JP!

Sent on 10/29/2018

JPR Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 450.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 75.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Hindu, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Kevin Covey Wedding & Event Coordination
    Kevin Covey Wedding & Event Coordination Wedding Planners

JP is a great officiant, classy & always professional. My couples always love their ceremony and JP gives that feeling to guests that he has known the couple for years.

• 12955 Riverside Dr., #108 Sherman Oaks, 91423 See on map