49-560 Kamehameha Hwy, Kailua, HI 96744 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 18

About Joseph Esser Photo and Video

Fine Art Wedding Photography – My Vision:

My vision is to create images that capture the essence of my couple: their love, laughter, joy, and style. My desire is to produce authentic, emotive imagery that encapsulate those relationships between the couple and their loved ones. My photography is inspired by natural and timeless imagery that reflect the true personalities and experiences of each couple’s wedding that can be enjoyed for years to come. I view my photography as a celebration of life. I strive to shoot the feeling of each particular wedding day so that my photographs will still hold their power decades later. In the end, I imagine that moment in the distant future when my clients are paging through their wedding album with their grandchildren and reliving that same love, laughter, and joy with them.

I prefer to photograph from inside the wedding, rather than as a detached observer. I am discreet and hidden when I need to be yet am directive when necessary, like when I'm gathering family members for a group shot. I like to think that my experience and personality adds a level of calm to the wedding day. My calm, fun, and easygoing demeanor sets me apart from other photographers. I believe my ability to genuinely connect and to get couples to relax in front of the camera allows me to capture real moments and candid images.

Cinematic Storytelling – My Video Team:

Storytelling is extremely important to me, and my videography team films and edits each wedding to reflect our couple’s big day and their unique personalities. My videography studio is comprised of a small team of filmmakers experienced in capturing sound, motion, and most importantly emotion. My filmmakers tell each wedding story using the most advanced cameras and aerial equipment. My team also uses telephoto lenses to capture the ceremony and reception as unobtrusively and discretely as possible.

A Modern Touch - My Photo Booths:

My photo booth is an open-air style. We can easily fit a group of friends or family into an image without being confined to a small space. My photo booth uses high quality cameras, professional lighting, and an elegant range of backdrops to provide high quality 4x6 prints in a range of customized designs.

Follow Joseph Esser Photo and Video on

Joseph Esser Photo and Video 5
Joseph Esser Photo and Video 6
Joseph Esser Photo and Video 7

Steve · Married on 10/07/2018

We booked Joseph a couple months before our engagement photo shoot. We looked at his work through instagram and we both were amazed by his work. He was able to answer all of our questions and give us great recommendations in locations as to what we wanted as a backdrop. We went with his underwater photo session in addition to the land shoot. We were very anxious as to what to expect the day of the shoot. He was great in dictating us how to pose and what kind of shot he was trying to achieve When we arrived he was ready to shoot and with all the previous emails we had with him he knew what we wanted. He was extremely patient, professional and re-did a lot of shots to get that perfect moment. The water session was great. He had his assistant paddle us out to calm waters, worked on getting the perfect shot.
    After the photo shoot, he gave us a sample of what we would be getting and the stand alone sample was worth the money IMO by itself. We asked other vendors on pricing and the value we got out of Joseph was so much better off the bat with our initial phone calls and emails.

Sent on 07/15/2018
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 10/05/2017

Joseph and his team captured in a spectacular video our vow renewal ceremony. My husband and I are sooo happy and grateful that we hired Joseph to film our special day. They were very professional, they kindly guided us to record the most beautiful footage. Thank you for the most magical video!!! :)

Sent on 11/12/2017

Joseph Esser Photo and Video's reply:

THANK YOU so much, Erika! It was our pleasure to work with you! Thank you for making our work easy!
    Aloha,
    Joseph Esser

Joseph Esser Photo and Video FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,500.00
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Photojournalism, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Video, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• Aloha Bridal Connections
    Aloha Bridal Connections Wedding Planners

Joseph Esser is terrific at what he does! He makes you feel comfortable around the camera and captures the natural chemistry between each couple. He is very responsive in emails and always professional! We love working with him!!

• Savvy Weddings
    Savvy Weddings Wedding Planners

Brides and planners love Joseph. He is easy to work with, efficient with his time and his photography is amazing!

• Blush Makeup & Hair
    Blush Makeup & Hair Wedding Hair & Makeup

Beautiful photography, very friendly and easy to work with.

• 49-560 Kamehameha Hwy Kailua, HI, 96744 See on map