Minneapolis, MN 55412 Map · Phone number

About John Hanson Photography

These days there are so many new wedding photographers competing for your business. Why? Digital cameras have become cheaper, and almost anyone can get a few good images just by the shear numbers of pictures taken. Another reason is that advertising on the web in most cases is relatively inexpensive thus causing a flood of inexperienced 'photographers' (acting as professionals) that want to learn the craft on your dime and at your wedding! I recommend really looking deeply at your investment. One of the best ways is to look at one or two complete wedding "proof sets" where you will see the entire wedding, not just the best hand picked images. This is a great way to see what you will end up with in the end.

John Hanson Photography is a well established wedding and portrait photographer that has photographed literally hundreds of weddings in the Twin Cities, MN area since 2003, and has done so in some of the most diverse and challenging environments. He has worked at most of the top Twin Cities wedding venues multiple times including "The Landmark Center", "Carlson Towers", "Semple Mansion", "Nicollet Island Pavilion", "Minnesota Boat Club", "Oak Ridge", "Minnesota History Center", "Summit Manor", "St. Paul Hotel", "Golden Valley Golf", "Earl Brown Heritage Center", "The Depot", "The Millenium Hotel", and many, many more . In addition, John delivers diverse and beautifully articulate imagery that can only be defined as stunning. They are sure to touch you emotionally.

He will share your vision with passion and conviction. You will not find a photographer with more commitment to providing superior imagery.

Website: Wedding Photographer Minneapolis MN - www.JohnHansonPhoto.com
Email: john@johnhansonphoto.com
Phone: 612-743-5484

Follow John Hanson Photography on

W080524156
Minneapolis Marriot City Center Wedding Photograph
Three Flower Girls in the Rain.
Three Flower Girls in the Rain.
Grandpa and grandchild love each other at the reception.
Grandpa and grandchild love each other at the reception.
creamshoes
John Hanson Photography
Great laughs at photographs!
Great laughs at photographs!
The Basilica of St. Mary's
The Basilica of St. Mary's
Artistic shot of hair, wedding dress and beautiful light.  Creativity in action.
Artistic shot of hair, wedding dress and beautiful light. Creativity in action.
Minneapolis Marriot City Center Wedding Photo
Minneapolis Marriot City Center Wedding Photo
First meeting at the Minneapolis Marriot City Center
First meeting at the Minneapolis Marriot City Center
Golden wheat fields in suburban Minnesota.
Golden wheat fields in suburban Minnesota.
Engagement Session in Minneapolis MN
Engagement Session in Minneapolis MN
Mother Son Dance at the Ridges of Sand Creek
Mother Son Dance at the Ridges of Sand Creek
Beautiful baby blue eyes.
Beautiful baby blue eyes.
I scare kids sometimes!
I scare kids sometimes!
W080524156

5 Reviews for John Hanson Photography

Katlynn · Married on 06/15/2013

John Hanson took the photos for our daughters wedding. They are spectacular! John captured candid, emotion-filled moments throughout the day, that touch our hearts every time we gaze at the photos. He photo style is unlike any others - fresh, in the moment, not posed, and truly a delight to look at.
    John has an energetic, passionate personality that makes him easy and fun to work with. Thanks John!

Sent on 07/11/2013

Laura · Married on 04/30/2010

When planning a wedding you have to think about every detail and say "yay" or "na" to everything. When it came to finding a photographer we never had any doubts on who to use. John Hanson was the only person we wanted. So much so that if he was booked for a wedding April 30th - I would have changed my wedding date to when he was open next. My Husband and I were fortunate to see John at his finest - he did our friend's wedding. From seeing our friends wedding I could see how hard working he was along with his assistant. Getting some amazing shots.
    When it came to my wedding I got to see John even more at his finest. When we tried to schedule our engagement photos we got cursed with awful weather it rained almost everyday for 3 weeks straight. John never got upset and would check in with us to let us know where we were at. Finally when we got a nice day we hooked up and had a blast. My husband and I are not what you call the most photogenic people - but by the photos you would never know. John caputered so many shots I was in awe - I couldnt believe it was us - he captured us.. just being us.

The big wedding day is one every girl worries about - after it's all said and done youre only left with your memories and photos. Everyone knows you cant remember every detail. - I wasn't worried because i knew what I couldnt remember John would capture. I was right. He got the little things like my sister fixing my hair - our best man and my husband just talking and laughin to our shy flower girl hiding behind her mom. Things I would have never seen if I didn't go with John. When it came to phographing John was in the "zone" the whole time. You just get this feeling He is only seeing you and isnt distracted by anything else. You are his only priority. John not only does the traditional photos of having the wedding party, family , bride and groom photos - but his true talent is when you let him go and watch what he does best. Capture everything in such an artistic and beautiful way. You will also be amazed when you see the photos meer weeks after your wedding. I personally thought that the cost was right where it should be - I would have been willing to pay a bit more to be honest.

If youre looking for a photographer who is
    * only about you and what you want your wedding day
    * Artistic
    * hard working
    * personable
    * affortable
    * and just plain talented

you want to hire John Hanson.

Sent on 07/07/2011

Steve · Married on 06/27/2009

John is an amazing photographer. He worked with us to shoot the pictures that we wanted and also brought his own style. He got great shots while being very unobtrusive. In addition to great pictures of us, he got wonderful candid shots of our guests. We highly recommend him. Our siblings who got married around the same time we did tell us how disappointed they are in their photographers compared to ours.

Sent on 04/28/2011

Award

John Hanson Photography FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards