Lancaster, PA 17603 Map · Phone number

About Jessica Velarde Photography

My name is Jessica Velarde. I am a self taught, professional photographer based in Lancaster County, PA. I love Jesus, my wonderful husband, and books by Jane Austen. I started playing with a camera back when I was fifteen and haven't stopped since. I am obsessed with portraiture, whether it be with a brush on canvas or a camera. I love people. I love capturing them in art. Photography just happens to be one of my favorite mediums to do so. I am most comfortable when behind a camera. Though I'm a west coast native, my heart still loves to roam the world. I'm gladly available for travel worldwide (rather, enthusiastically available for travel is more accurate). I thoroughly enjoy what I do. And I would be honored to capture a moment of your life through a portrait session or be there to document your wedding.

Follow Jessica Velarde Photography on

6a8972073db410e7 1333396278260 wedding6
wedding19

2 Reviews for Jessica Velarde Photography

Antonette · Married on 02/11/2012

I hired Jessica when she still lived in California. And I am so glad that I did. I had perused many of the local photographers work and was not wowed by their wedding shots. I am not a fan of the boring posed for shots. So I scratched off all the photographers who seemed to like the prom-like poses. With all the cameras of friends and relatives, I was certain that there would not be shortage of those kind of pictures. For my wedding I wanted someone whom would capture the special, intimate moments. Those candid action and historical moments that I want to remember all through out my marriage. Looking through Jessica’s portfolio I vicariously felt the joy and excitement of the brides and grooms. And I wanted those kind of memories for my wedding album.
    Jessica is such a sweetheart; from the start it felt like we were friends for a long while. She had a knack knowing what feeling we wanted to evoke and catching just the right images. Our shots from the wedding ceremony beautifully memorialized all the sacred events. As for the bride-and-groom shots, there were no cheesy poses. She took pictures of how my husband and I naturally are with each other and of how happy we both were. Plus there were a few pictures at angles that were just incredible, the sunlight or the mist off the ocean looking glorious behind us. She has a great eye for lighting. And I greatly appreciate how she incorporated some of the poses that I liked from other weddings I have seen. My bridal shots were very natural. I did not want the super model, Zoolander face because that’s just not me. I thought she caught on film exactly how I felt that day. Also, Jessica took many pictures of the many different decorations and giveaways I had made for the wedding. Because I was so busy going here and there during the wedding, I was not able to even see how these things looked. I had spent countless days and nights making these “labors of love.” I never realized how much I would appreciate pictures of these things until I saw them.
    Jessica is talented at what she does. You will be very happy with the pictures that she captures.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 08/13/2011

We couldn’t have dreamed of more beautiful wedding photos. We knew when we saw Jessica’s portfolio we would likely go with her….and then when we met her, we were certain. She is an incredibly sweet person, whose goal is to give you the most beautiful pictures possible, while working with your own style & budget. Many people cried when they saw our photo’s, they really told the story of our wedding; all of the little details, emotions, and memorable events of it. Jessica is truly, truly talented.

Sent on 10/22/2011

Jessica Velarde Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Custom Graphics
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files

• Steve Ezzo Entertainment
    Steve Ezzo Entertainment Wedding DJs

Jessica has a wonderful personality and takes fantastic photos. We had the pleasure of providing the music for her wedding and she was an absolute joy to work with! I highly recommend her. Steve Ezzo Entertainment

• Lancaster, 17603 See on map