Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Jayson Mellom Photography

Jayson's beginnings as a photojournalist started on the turbulent streets of Johannesburg, South Africa, in 1989. Photographing the first legal protest against apartheid, the emotions of that day crystallized before him: He’d found his life’s calling.

Fast-forward 19 years — 12 NPPA awards, 10,000 rolls of film, over 250,000 digital images, and his publication in major newspapers and magazines such as Sports Illustrated and National Geographic are just notes in his storytelling career.

The underlying thread that binds Jayson’s life’s work is his way of distilling the complex emotions of a situation into a single, simple photograph. His search for these situations has naturally led him to the emotion-filled days of weddings, where people’s emotions run the gamut from apprehension and anxiety to laughter and joy. His visual narratives require all his skills as an observant, unobtrusive witness.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Santa Barbara

6 Reviews for Jayson Mellom Photography

We picked Jayson for our photographer because we wanted something a little different from traditional wedding photography. Jayson's background is in photojournalism, so I knew he would be great at capturing the mood of the day and the little special moments, and that was most important to me. We met with Jayson and his wife and business partner, Robin, and we clicked with them right away. We got the picture back just 3 weeks after the event, and they turned out amazing. I think is one or maybe two pictures that I wish we had they they didn't get, over-all, I really couldn't have asked for better pictures.

Photographers in this area run really, really expensive, so we really shopped around on this one. Jayson wasn't cheap. but he was a lot more affordable than most of the other photographers, and they were really cool about working with our budget and needs. They seemed genuinely excited about our event, and that shows in the pictures. I really enjoyed working with Robin and Jayson, and I would do it over again.

Profile Picture Claire, 11/1/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

My wedding album was covered in real moments! They captured so many amazing moments that will keep my memories forever. Jayson and his wife were a great team who made you feel comfortable. Their technique blew my expectations out of the water! Picture captured moments not photo shoots. I loved them!

Profile Picture Sumre, 6/18/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our wedding was a little unconventional and we were looking for a photographer to match. Jayson and Robin definitely delivered. Not only did the pictures turn out more amazing than I could have imagined, the photographers were super easy to work with. I think the photo booth pictures are my favorite from the wedding.

Profile Picture Amy, 11/20/10, 5 Reviews

220x220 sq 1241239018312 07
220x220 sq 1241239043984 wire11
220x220 sq 1241239095265 wire13
220x220 sq 1241239125062 wire16

I had the opportunity to work with Jayson at an event and I have to say that I was amazed by the photos. His photojournalism background helped him get some amazing photos. Such a pleasure to work with Jayson. - Perry Nguyen, Kramer Entertainment,

Capturing the moments of your wedding day are one of the most priceless investments a bride and groom can make. Jasyon Mellom wedding photography captures those moments on a level that is above most wedding photographers. As a photojournalist, his photos tell the story of your perfect day. He has a eye for capturing the beauty and those unforgettable moments of that special day.

P.O. Box 14917, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405   See On Map