P.O. Box 14917, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 Map · Phone number

About Jayson Mellom Photography

Jayson's beginnings as a photojournalist started on the turbulent streets of Johannesburg, South Africa, in 1989. Photographing the first legal protest against apartheid, the emotions of that day crystallized before him: He’d found his life’s calling.

Fast-forward 19 years — 12 NPPA awards, 10,000 rolls of film, over 250,000 digital images, and his publication in major newspapers and magazines such as Sports Illustrated and National Geographic are just notes in his storytelling career.

The underlying thread that binds Jayson’s life’s work is his way of distilling the complex emotions of a situation into a single, simple photograph. His search for these situations has naturally led him to the emotion-filled days of weddings, where people’s emotions run the gamut from apprehension and anxiety to laughter and joy. His visual narratives require all his skills as an observant, unobtrusive witness.

wire16
wire12

6 Reviews for Jayson Mellom Photography

• Sumre

Sumre · Married on 06/18/2011

My wedding album was covered in real moments! They captured so many amazing moments that will keep my memories forever. Jayson and his wife were a great team who made you feel comfortable. Their technique blew my expectations out of the water! Picture captured moments not photo shoots. I loved them!

Amy · Married on 11/20/2010

Our wedding was a little unconventional and we were looking for a photographer to match. Jayson and Robin definitely delivered. Not only did the pictures turn out more amazing than I could have imagined, the photographers were super easy to work with. I think the photo booth pictures are my favorite from the wedding.

JUANITA · Married on 10/02/2010

When we were looking for photographers, we were looking for someone that had a unique take on photos. We viewed his website and we were hooked, but we wanted my now brother-in-law's opinion. He agreed Jayson had a good eye, so we booked.

Jayson and Robin (his wife) are very kind and very energetic people. We were very excited when we sat down with them to go over our options. We could tell that they would capture one of a kind moments. Moments you wouldn't think were moments until you saw them as a picture.

The best suggestion was a sort of 'photo booth' they would set up in a corner of the reception hall. People would have the chance to step into this 'photo booth' and have their picture taken with friends or family. He was able to get some fantastic/amazing pictures. I would hope that every bride/groom signs up for that option.. believe me, you won't regret it!

We were VERY happy with the way the pictures turned out. Jayson is definitely a photographer we'll be calling again!

Thank you very much Jayson and Robin! You captured our wedding day perfectly!

Jayson Mellom Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs

• Kramer Events
    Kramer Events Wedding DJs

I had the opportunity to work with Jayson at an event and I have to say that I was amazed by the photos. His photojournalism background helped him get some amazing photos. Such a pleasure to work with Jayson. - Perry Nguyen, Kramer Entertainment, www.kramerweddings.com

• Pacific Harvest Catering
    Pacific Harvest Catering Wedding Caterers

Capturing the moments of your wedding day are one of the most priceless investments a bride and groom can make. Jasyon Mellom wedding photography captures those moments on a level that is above most wedding photographers. As a photojournalist, his photos tell the story of your perfect day. He has a eye for capturing the beauty and those unforgettable moments of that special day.

• P.O. Box 14917 San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 See on map