The Hyatt Regency Newport Beach is a hotel wedding venue with a ballroom for couples’ weddings in the Orange County, California area. This venue embraces all the coastal and tropical atmospheres of a hotel on the Pacific Coast. Couples will find this venue nine minutes from the Newport Beach Pier.
Facilities and Capacity
As many as 450 guests can attend a couple’s wedding at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach. The Back Bay Amphitheater is a grand open outdoor space at the hotel. Couples and guests reach this space via beautiful brick pathway. Over this path is a white trellis covered in romantic bougainvillea flowers. The amphitheater makes the perfect location for ceremonies or outdoor receptions. The Plaza Ballroom connects to the living Plaza Arbor, a growing trellis and water fountain, highlighted by detailed landscaping and a permanent canopy. The ballroom glows an elegant golden hue thanks to the unique overhead lighting and wall sconces throughout the space. The Oasis Courtyard is perfect for an outdoor ceremony or cocktail reception on the study stone pavers underfoot. Couples and guests can enjoy the calming bay breeze blowing in as they celebrate. The Terrace Ballroom and Promenade, a 360-degree ballroom, offers stunning views of the Newport Bay. The partially enclosed Promenade surrounds this ballroom, creating a private and intimate atmosphere. The Garden Patio is cozy and romantic, offering garden planters, romantic lighting and a fire pit. The Garden Room is equally as intimate, with French doors and windows in addition to a working fireplace.
Couples are invited to host their bridal shower, engagement party and rehearsal dinner at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach in addition to their ceremony and reception. For their wedding-event, couples will find the following event services through the hotel:
Full bar service complements the delightful menu options prepared by the kitchen’s chefs. American, Mediterranean and Mexican dishes grace a couple’s event, with the ability for plates to be prepared to meet any dietary restriction. The cuisine can be served in the following catering styles:
A total of 408 guest rooms and suites await couples and guests the night following the wedding. This includes four three-bedroom villas for a private getaway after the festivities. All of the hotel’s accommodations feature plush bedding and modern amenities. The suites feature a balcony or patio, dining table, refrigerator and parlor room. Villas add the luxury of a private in-ground pool, fireplace and refrigerator.
Main Image taken by Jessi Nichols Photography
24 Reviews for Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Recommended by 94% of couples
11 User photos
Rita Tschanz · Getting married on 09/10/2020
Wedding Rehearsal Buffet Dinner--Pacific Room and Patio
The Hyatt Regency, Newport Beach, could not have been more attentive to our needs and were always available to answer questions, make suggestions, and work with our ideas. Our family's wedding rehearsal dinner involved a large number of young children, and the staff was amazing. In addition, the banquet staff did an exceptional job enhancing our Mexican meal theme with their own added décor--it was fantastic. The food was outstanding, as was the bar service. Our guests staying at the Hyatt had an wonderful time at the resort before and after the event, and have raved about the fabulous time had by all. The staff thought of every detail and were always most helpful. I would return to this site for an event again without hesitation!Sent on 10/21/2019
Michelle · Married on 05/10/2020
This place is so beautiful! Ashley, the event manager is so sweet and willing to help wherever possible. She has made this process smoother and has shown me tons of templates and photos for inspiration.Sent on 10/27/2019
The whole has staff has been so welcoming and generous. I would totally recommend! It's worth checking out.
Emily Takeuchi · Married on 09/21/2019
Beautiful Venue for an unforgettable day!
This review is for the wedding that my husband and I had on September 21, 2019.
Our wedding turned our beautifully and we couldn't be more happy with our special day!
Things we loved:
- Food is excellent! From our tasting to their partnered cake vendor (Grace & Honey Cakes). We hosted our post wedding brunch and everything was fabulous! They even added in our favorite corn crema soup for us which was SO Sweet!
- Bridal Suite - A beautiful room! Very spacious and we especially loved the balcony and living room space which made getting ready so easy with lots of photo ops! They had a concert series and on the Friday night we were able to watch the concert!
- Ceremony venue in the amphitheater - Beautiful space! So much that not much decor was needed to make it wonderful!
- The small touches - The front desk and all the staff at the Hyatt are so friendly and really makes everything seamless (Beverly was on of the ones that assisted me and my mom and she was amazing! )
- Cocktail hour space in the plaza arbor area - also another gorgeous spot
-Photo ops - What really made us fall in love with this hotel was the sheer amount of beautiful greenery and photo spots.
-They are wonderful in terms of letting you use items they have onsite - whether it be mirrors or easels. They also kindly provided water stations and mints for our ceremony.
Working with Ashley our event and venue manager
We sincerely can't thank you enough for the kind hospitality and assistance throughout the wedding planning process. We really enjoyed working with you!
Cons/Hiccups because things happen - but they were still great overall!
- The banquet chairs are so ugly..we got chiavari chairs so problem fixed for us.
- planning a wedding is always a little hectic but we felt it extremely get crazy during the final week and the day of trying to make sure we got all of our paperwork and payments completed.
-Our check in wasn't ready on time for our suite (although they did provide a spare room which was very nice. We came at a busy time so we completely understand that rooms were taken up for the concert series. A completely booked hotel that night a lot of our guests were arriving.
- Some things to note from our guests:
- I had a few guests note that noted one of the bartenders were quite rude to some of our family and friends.
- While speeches were going on they were serving in front of us/during the best man speech. This seems like an obvious to just wait till the speech is done and come back to give us salad dressing/food. Makes for some awkward video moments.
- One of the tables were given roasted potatoes rather than the mashed potato puree which was weird because it seemed like they just ran out and were giving something else? Which made the chicken seem dry to some guests who didn't have the puree to pair with their meal.
Overall, it is a beautiful space and although not everything was perfect, the wedding day was absolutely us and we enjoyed our special day to the fullest.Sent on 10/20/2019
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach Price Rates
Of all Hyatt's this is a fantastic one with a beautiful property and great management team. A great place for a wedding!
Great place to get married! We love the grounds at this hotel- so many different looks and you can always find great light. Their planners are top-notch and always do an excellent job with their clients. All of our previous brides have been extremely happy with their experiences there. We love The Hyatt Regency Newport Beach!