Historic Acres of Hershey

$5k - $6k For 100 Guests
Up to 250 guests

$5k - $6k For 100 Guests
Up to 250 guests

Historic Acres of Hershey is an award-winning wedding venue located in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, that provides services throughout the Central Pennsylvania area. The property, which was once a working farm, features a mid-19th century farmhouse, which is the perfect setting for an elegant wedding ceremony or reception. This venue specializes in rustic weddings and has been operating since 2015.

Facilities and Capacity

Historic Acres of Hershey can accommodate up to 260 wedding guests in its indoor and outdoor event spaces. The property sits on seven acres and boasts a large pond, a rustic barn, an open pavilion, several multi-function banquet rooms, and a brick farmhouse. The pavilion is open for events all year round and is climate-controlled for comfort no matter the season. Couples can begin their day in the on-site get-ready suite, offering an elegant and private space to prepare in peace. Parking is available for guests who drive to the venue. The farmhouse can be used for overnight accommodation, and can comfortably sleep nine guests across its four bedrooms.

Historic Acres of Hershey is a full-service wedding venue that provides services for pre-wedding showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, and elopements. A number of event rental items are available for to-be-weds to use as they see fit, including mobile bars, farm tables, bistro lighting, outdoor games, and a faux greenery wall. The team at the venue is happy to take care of setup and cleanup. Several all-inclusive packages are available for to-be-weds to choose from to help streamline the event planning process.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$5,953

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$3,763

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Barn
Farm/Ranch

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What event items are available?

Chairs
Tables

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

Krista M. Married on 05/01/2021

Perfect Day

The event was beautiful. Only hitch was the fountain in the pond didn’t work.
  • Nicole
    Nicole C. Married on 04/30/2021

Our Perfect Wedding Venue

Historic Acres was the absolute perfect venue for us. We booked long before Covid came to be in existence and it was a blessing in disguise that we chose this venue. It allowed us to have back up plans, while maintaining social distancing and the occupancy limits set by the CDC. Not only did they make us feel safe, our guests felt comfortable attending and everyone stayed healthy. Aside from Covid, this was our dream venue. Once we saw it, we knew it was meant to be. It has a beautiful outdoor ceremony location and a just as beautiful back up plan for rain in the barn. The venue is not only stunning, but the grounds are clean and immaculately kept. The reception area is just as I envisioned and Katie, along with our planner David from MX2, made my vision a reality. Katie was always on top of my emails, professional, responsive and helpful from day one. Lastly, we had the farmhouse on site that we rented for the weekend. The farmhouse was huge and allowed us to all spend the weekend together. The ability to rent the farmhouse is the perfect addition to the venue. Our family and bridal party expressed so many times how nice it was to be all in the same spot and not traveling throughout the busy day. We had several hiccups on our big day, including 60mph winds and a power outage during our outdoor ceremony, but everyone worked together and made it work. I have no doubts that the only reason our day ran so smoothly, along with the hiccups, was because of our venue and vendors. We are so thankful we picked Historic Acres and will cherish all the memories it brought us. Thank you!!!
  • Katy
    Katy K. Married on 08/15/2020

Perfect day!

Historic Acres is absolutely perfect. It was the only venue I looked at and I was completely sold. I was not big on the barn look that is so popular right now but also wanted something with more character than a hotel ballroom or something like that. The pavilion at Historic Acres, where the majority of receptions are held, is perfect because you can really make it work with any style, any colors, in any season. I was originally only having my reception there but, COVID!, so my ceremony was moved there as well, and this was actually a blessing in disguise. I was worried about weather for our ceremony and not being able to use the barn space (where rained out ceremonies are typically held) because of the capacity limits, so I opted to use the pavilion as our ceremony space as well and it was gorgeous and perfect for COVID because it opens up on 3 sides so it still has an outside feel. The staff (along with my other A-team of vendors - more on that later) did an amazing job of flipping the pavilion between our ceremony and reception. My cocktail hour was a tad longer because of this but that worked out great also. The grounds are beautiful, so guests were able to walk around, take pictures, play some cornhole, and mingle during this time without getting bored or feeling crowded. Back to my amazing team of vendors - most of them I got from a list of suggested vendors that Historic Acres actually provides you when you book. That was super helpful because I was overwhelmed with where to even start with finding the right vendors. The staff at Historic Acres was also great, from the initial walkthrough to the day of our wedding they were helpful and accommodating. Another great thing HAH has to offer is the farmhouse - which makes for beautiful getting ready pictures. Only regret I had was not staying there overnight! Overall, I highly recommend!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Ashley & Jesse
    21 photos · 05/31/2019

Pricing

Mx2 Event Design Mx2 Event Design Wedding Planners

This stunning venue situated in picturesque Lancaster county is the perfect venue for your wedding! Rustic, charming, with several unique options of different settings to stage your big day, Historic Acres of Hershey combines the beauty of Central PA with thoroughly modern amenities so that all of your weddings services, your guests, your Wedding Party and you can enjoy all the ambience without sacrificing convenience. As the preferred Wedding Planner and Coordinator partner with Historic Acres of Hershey, we look forward to bringing our award-winning, unparalleled service (WeddingWire 2016 Couple's Choice Award) and our creative designs to your wedding, your event at Historic Acres of Hershey.

Bombshell Brides Bombshell Brides Wedding Hair & Makeup

Historic Acres of Hershey is a such Beautiful Venue! A lot of great opportunities for photos. Lots of great feedback from Brides. Jenn is great to work with I highly recommend this venue!

3425 Old Hershey Road Elizabethtown, PA, 17022
Location of (Historic Acres of Hershey)

Other vendors in Lancaster for your wedding

Wedding Venues