Historic Acres of Hershey Reviews

47 | Elizabethtown, PA

47 Reviews for Historic Acres of Hershey

Krista M. · Married on 05/01/2021

Perfect Day

The event was beautiful. Only hitch was the fountain in the pond didn’t work.

Sent on 05/12/2021
  • Katy

Katy K. · Married on 08/15/2020

Perfect day!

Historic Acres is absolutely perfect. It was the only venue I looked at and I was completely sold. I was not big on the barn look that is so popular right now but also wanted something with more character than a hotel ballroom or something like that. The pavilion at Historic Acres, where the majority of receptions are held, is perfect because you can really make it work with any style, any colors, in any season. I was originally only having my reception there but, COVID!, so my ceremony was moved there as well, and this was actually a blessing in disguise. I was worried about weather for our ceremony and not being able to use the barn space (where rained out ceremonies are typically held) because of the capacity limits, so I opted to use the pavilion as our ceremony space as well and it was gorgeous and perfect for COVID because it opens up on 3 sides so it still has an outside feel. The staff (along with my other A-team of vendors - more on that later) did an amazing job of flipping the pavilion between our ceremony and reception. My cocktail hour was a tad longer because of this but that worked out great also. The grounds are beautiful, so guests were able to walk around, take pictures, play some cornhole, and mingle during this time without getting bored or feeling crowded. Back to my amazing team of vendors - most of them I got from a list of suggested vendors that Historic Acres actually provides you when you book. That was super helpful because I was overwhelmed with where to even start with finding the right vendors. The staff at Historic Acres was also great, from the initial walkthrough to the day of our wedding they were helpful and accommodating. Another great thing HAH has to offer is the farmhouse - which makes for beautiful getting ready pictures. Only regret I had was not staying there overnight! Overall, I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Emily

Emily J. · Married on 02/29/2020

Absolutely perfect!

This was our perfect venue!! The staff were so welcoming and flexible and really had everything we were looking for. The on site farmhouse was an AMAZING place to get ready the day of and have the wedding party stay at the night before and night of (bonus: my feet really appreciated the whirlpool tub!)!! It was breathtaking and we had so many compliments on every part of the venue. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Liana

Liana W. · Married on 01/11/2020

Wedding Dreams

Historic Acres of Hershey is what dreams are made of. The venue itself is stunning and can provide the perfect wedding for any couple. The staff, Melodie and Katie specifically, are like a well-oiled machine. They are incredibly professional and have answers to any question and are willing to make any vision happen. We are so thankful we chose Historic Acres of Hershey!

Sent on 12/18/2020

Toni · Married on 01/04/2020

Wedding Venue

So one word: WOW.
    When we first toured Historic Acres, not one venue could top what they had to offer. With all the natural wood work mixed with the chandeliers, it was easily the perfect venue for us. Plus the farmhouse was an amazing addition for my bridal party and I to have the night before the wedding! Spending the whole day at the venue getting ready was a huge plus and then getting to spend the night with my new Husband was amazing! Took a lot of stress out for not having to travel so much!!!
    Melodie and Katie were both so amazing when it came to answering any and all questions that we had!!! They were very accommodating and the day & night of the wedding they immediately responded to anything we needed.
    All of my guests loved the venue just as much as we did!!!! We received so many compliments for such a gorgeous venue!!! Everything was amazing! Highly recommend Historic Acres of Hershey! There’s tons of options and endless possibilities!!!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Lindsay W. · Married on 11/15/2019

Amazing perfection

I fell in love with Historic Acres of Hershey when I visited shortly after getting engaged in January of 2019. We chose a wedding date based on availability of the church and Historic Acres because we had to have it! It was beyond beautiful and Katie and Melodie are so sweet and answer any and all questions promptly and are willing to help no matter what! It is the perfect place to have your wedding and/or reception! The farmhouse was AMAZING - my bridesmaids literally wanted to stay there and move in :) It is an absolutely gorgeous place to celebrate your day no matter what time of year. I was complimented the entire night on how gorgeous and beautiful the reception was!

Thank you Historic Acres!! Our day was perfect!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Matt P. · Married on 10/27/2019

Stunning Wedding Venue with Tremendous Staff

I recently had my wedding at Historic Acres of Hershey and have never, in any form or for any occasion, had a better experience than I did with this venue. The beautiful property speaks for itself (and is definitely what it is advertised to be) but the true value is in the tremendous organization and communication from Melodie and Katie. My wife and I are forever grateful to them for answering our many questions, responding to our many requests, and being so amazingly flexible with regard to numerous aspects of our event. HAH is a gem of a venue, with even our most typically critical guests having given us such wonderful comments about it. We cannot thank HAH enough and will eagerly recommend and heap praise on it and its wonderful staff. You made our wedding so beautiful!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Cortney M. · Married on 10/23/2019

Beautiful venue with great staff

i Had come across Historic Acres online. The pictures were beautiful and I knew that when we got married it would be here. When we finally started planning our wedding it was the first venue we visited. My fiancé wanted to look at a few other places but nothing else compared. The fact that there were several buildings and different locations on the property we could chose from was nice. Our wedding was original supposed to be in front of the pond but unfortunately the weather the night before did not allow for that. I was nervous about switching the location the day of but the owner and Melodie made the switch go very smoothly and were extremely helpful. Our ceremony ended up being moved to the brick patio and the bridal party entered from the corn crib. The photos turned out amazing and our wedding was perfect. At the end of the night Katie came out and helped us clean things up. All of the staff were extremely friendly and answered any and all questions we had.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/31/2019

Historic Acres of Hershey - STUNNING!

From the moment we toured this venue we knew it was the place we wanted to say our "I DOs"! We loved how you have the option if it rains you could have your ceremony inside the barn. What we loved MOST about the wedding was those GORGEOUS Chandeliers in the reception hall! This place is so beautiful, the grounds, the plants, the cocktail hour area outside on the patio, the farmhouse to get ready in ( we stayed the night before and it was the best decision ever), the pond, the ceremony options, and lastly the reception all! Plus they have add ins like corn hole, bar options, other furniture, ETC! The Staff there are so lovely and patient. They are there whenever you need anything! Melodie and Katie answered all my questions without hesitation. Great Venue, we are beyond happy we chose this place for our Special Day! Thanks Historic Acres Staff Again for providing such a dreamy venue!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Morgan · Married on 06/09/2019

This venue is absolutely GORGEOUS. It was the first one we visited and of all the ones we visited after, nothing came close to comparing to Historic Acres. Melodie is awesome and very professional. She took us on a tour of the property and then sat down with us and explained EVERYTHING! Very professional and has so much to offer!

Sent on 06/21/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2019

Beautiful Venue

Historic acres is an absolutely beautiful venue and price is reasonable. Melodie and Katie were great to work with and very responsive to all my questions. My guests absolutely loved the venue. We are so glad we chose historic acres!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Brooke M. · Married on 12/01/2018

Your Dream Wedding Venue

The entire property is gorgeous! We utilized both the barn and pavilion for our wedding (barn = cocktail hour, pavilion = main reception). Also, the "corn crib" is a very unique setting on the property and some of our best photos from the night were taken in this area.

Overall, our experience was phenomenal. The pavilion is a gorgeous space and I could not have imagined having our wedding reception anywhere else.

I would highly recommend this beautiful wedding venue to anyone who is looking to get married in the Central PA area. It is simply stunning!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/24/2018

Highly recommend!!!

Historic Acres of Hershey was an AMAZING venue. From the beginning, the staff was extremely helpful, kind, and accommodating. The farmhouse, barn, and reception hall were all gorgeous, clean, and well-maintained. My bridesmaids and I stayed in the farmhouse the night before the wedding - it was beautiful and perfect. We had our cocktail hour in the barn and the reception in the reception hall. The venue is so gorgeous that it truly hardly needs any extra décor. Melodie and Katie were always available to answer all of my questions leading up to the wedding and were extremely easy to work it. Everything ran very smoothly on the day of the wedding. I received many complements from guests about how beautiful the venue was. I highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Jenna · Married on 10/26/2018

Wedding venue

The wedding venue is absolutely beautiful and they offer various sites to have the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception, as well as have spaces for smaller events and parties. The girls at Historic Acres are very responsive and easy to communicate with. They also kept in touch relating to the weather and the possibility and suggestion of moving the cocktail hour inside due to the weather. We also rented the farmhouse the night before our wedding to have early access for getting ready the morning of our wedding and it was incredible. The bridal suite and the whole venue were perfect for wedding photos. Everything was beautiful, and would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Janice · Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful venue and wonderful staff. Everything went as planned. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/15/2018

Historic Acres of Hershey was absolutely the most beautiful venue I've ever seen. I seriously dragged my husband to 12+ venues and we fell in love with Historic Acres! We actually live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and a lot of our guests didn't understand why we chose Historic Acres but as soon as they saw it they knew exactly why - we received so many compliments! Our photographer, who had never been there, was even looking forward to shooting our shots at HAH!
    Not only were the grounds beautiful but we also admired the farmhouse that was available to get ready in, the chandeliers in the Pavilion, how many guests it could hold, and how it had a plan B in case of inclement weather!
    I highly recommend Historic Acres of Hershey for any event or celebration!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

This is the perfect wedding venue. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the pavilion is stunning. We were fortunate enough to have great weather, so were able to have our wedding outside, but as a bride, it was comforting knowing if it rained we had a fabulous second option – the barn. We also rented the farmhouse for the weekend, which I would highly recommend. It was so convenient to be able to get ready onsite and have a place to relax before the ceremony. Not to mention the beautiful photo ops both inside and outside the farmhouse. Our guests also appreciated the convenience of all the wedding events taking place at one venue, and it made for a seamless day, going right from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and then reception. We really could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding!

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 07/07/2018

Beautiful venue!

We had our wedding reception in July at Historic Acres of Hershey and highly recommend it! It is seriously the most beautiful venue I’ve ever seen. We got so many compliments and our guests were in awe of the entire facility. The chandeliers, corn crib, farmhouse, landscaping, and big stone fireplace are stunning. We hardly had to decorate at all since the venue is so gorgeous.

In addition, planning with the venue was so easy because they had relationships with my other vendors. My husband and I are not from the area, so they provided us with a list of their recommended vendors. I mostly worked with Melodie and Katie, and they were friendly, professional, and quick to respond to calls and emails. Historic Acres helped make our day unforgettable!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Keterly · Married on 01/13/2018

We had the most amazing wedding day with Historic Acres. The staff is wonderful and so helpful, even from the very first meeting and tour we had. The venue and grounds are absolutely beautiful, even in 20 degree weather that we had for our day! We loved every part of the venue and ever second of our day. Our guests did not stop saying how beautiful everything was. THANK YOU Melodie and the rest of the staff at Historic Acres. I 100% recommend this venue for anyone looking for a rustic, simple, yet chic and glamorous wedding venue. You guys are the best.

Sent on 01/25/2018

Erica · Married on 10/27/2017

Historic Acres is a gorgeous venue and it was the perfect location for our wedding. Everything was so beautiful that we only needed minimal decorations for the ceremony and reception. Melodie is so accommodating, and was able to answer any question that we had so quickly! We loved the venue and everyone at Historic Acres so much that we hosted our rehearsal dinner there, the bridesmaids and I stayed in the Farmhouse the night before the wedding, and we hosted our ceremony and reception on the property. We included the bonfire and our guests had so much fun making s'mores as a snack throughout the night. I would highly recommend Historic Acres!

Sent on 03/10/2018

Heidi · Married on 09/23/2017

This venue is so beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for a better one! Very responsive to any questions you may have, and they work with you to make sure your wedding day is everything you imagined!! Our guests kept telling me how beautiful it was! Also, the bridesmaids and I spent the night in the farmhouse the night before the wedding and it made it fun and so much more relaxing the day of the wedding!! We were definitely very happy with choosing this place as our venue!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Tessie · Married on 09/09/2017

Historic Acres is a beautiful venue. We had both our ceremony and reception here, and we booked the Farmhouse for the night before our wedding so that the bridesmaids and myself could sleep over and get ready in the house the day of. Melodie is super organized, friendly, and accommodating (each time we had a meeting with her we were late - driving from Philly to Hershey is rough sometimes - but Melodie was helpful and energetic nonetheless). We had so many people come up to us and compliment the grounds, which doesn't really need much in the way of decoration because it's already so gorgeous. I would highly recommend Historic Acres to anyone!

Sent on 09/17/2017
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 08/19/2017

Historic Acres was the absolute best location to have our wedding. Not only is it stunningly kept up (I can't tell you the number of our guests who remarked on the beauty of the grounds), but Melodie and her team are excellent to work with. She was constantly cheery in our interactions and answered every question we had quickly and fully. The Farmhouse on the grounds was wonderful to get ready in and also stay the night of our wedding. If you want beautiful photos and a smooth vendor experience, Historic Acres is your place!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Adina · Married on 05/20/2017

Historic Acres is absolutely beautiful. We loved it without decorations. We loved the details everywhere. It is an effortless venue for a couple. We barely had to decorate. We didn't want to. We wanted to leave everything simply beautiful as it is. Aside from the venue being gorgeous, the staff is a dream to work with. Melodie and Ana helped us with every detail and question. They were friendly and easy to work with. I cannot think of one thing that I do not like about Historic Acres.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Caitlyn · Married on 05/05/2017

This venue is absolutely STUNNING! The mix of beautiful chandeliers, natural woods and stone fireplace make this venue perfect for a rustic elegance theme. It is totally worth the money because it has so much more to offer. We saved money on decorations because the buildings and property already stood out so much. The property also offered many amazing backdrops for photos from the farmhouse to the courtyard to the barn to the corn crib and so many more. If the weather is nice, you can get married outside under an arbor by this beautiful pond near the old farmhouse. It ended up raining on our wedding day but the great part was the barn was a beautiful back up option. Our guests could not stop saying how much they loved the venue. The team at Historic Acres was amazing as well. Both Melodie the venue manager and Ana the event specialist were easy to work with, quick to respond to questions, and helped make the whole process run smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 05/26/2017