30 Reviews for Historic Acres of Hershey

Pet Friendly (2)
Wireless Internet (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
25 Historic Acres of Hershey Reviews

This is the perfect wedding venue. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the pavilion is stunning. We were fortunate enough to have great weather, so were able to have our wedding outside, but as a bride, it was comforting knowing if it rained we had a fabulous second option – the barn. We also rented the farmhouse for the weekend, which I would highly recommend. It was so convenient to be able to get ready onsite and have a place to relax before the ceremony. Not to mention the beautiful photo ops both inside and outside the farmhouse. Our guests also appreciated the convenience of all the wedding events taking place at one venue, and it made for a seamless day, going right from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and then reception. We really could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/14/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We had the most amazing wedding day with Historic Acres. The staff is wonderful and so helpful, even from the very first meeting and tour we had. The venue and grounds are absolutely beautiful, even in 20 degree weather that we had for our day! We loved every part of the venue and ever second of our day. Our guests did not stop saying how beautiful everything was. THANK YOU Melodie and the rest of the staff at Historic Acres. I 100% recommend this venue for anyone looking for a rustic, simple, yet chic and glamorous wedding venue. You guys are the best.

Profile Picture Keterly, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Historic Acres is a gorgeous venue and it was the perfect location for our wedding. Everything was so beautiful that we only needed minimal decorations for the ceremony and reception. Melodie is so accommodating, and was able to answer any question that we had so quickly! We loved the venue and everyone at Historic Acres so much that we hosted our rehearsal dinner there, the bridesmaids and I stayed in the Farmhouse the night before the wedding, and we hosted our ceremony and reception on the property. We included the bonfire and our guests had so much fun making s'mores as a snack throughout the night. I would highly recommend Historic Acres!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This venue is so beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for a better one! Very responsive to any questions you may have, and they work with you to make sure your wedding day is everything you imagined!! Our guests kept telling me how beautiful it was! Also, the bridesmaids and I spent the night in the farmhouse the night before the wedding and it made it fun and so much more relaxing the day of the wedding!! We were definitely very happy with choosing this place as our venue!

Profile Picture Heidi, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly

Historic Acres is a beautiful venue. We had both our ceremony and reception here, and we booked the Farmhouse for the night before our wedding so that the bridesmaids and myself could sleep over and get ready in the house the day of. Melodie is super organized, friendly, and accommodating (each time we had a meeting with her we were late - driving from Philly to Hershey is rough sometimes - but Melodie was helpful and energetic nonetheless). We had so many people come up to us and compliment the grounds, which doesn't really need much in the way of decoration because it's already so gorgeous. I would highly recommend Historic Acres to anyone!

Profile Picture Tessie, 9/9/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Historic Acres was the absolute best location to have our wedding. Not only is it stunningly kept up (I can't tell you the number of our guests who remarked on the beauty of the grounds), but Melodie and her team are excellent to work with. She was constantly cheery in our interactions and answered every question we had quickly and fully. The Farmhouse on the grounds was wonderful to get ready in and also stay the night of our wedding. If you want beautiful photos and a smooth vendor experience, Historic Acres is your place!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 8/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

Historic Acres is absolutely beautiful. We loved it without decorations. We loved the details everywhere. It is an effortless venue for a couple. We barely had to decorate. We didn't want to. We wanted to leave everything simply beautiful as it is. Aside from the venue being gorgeous, the staff is a dream to work with. Melodie and Ana helped us with every detail and question. They were friendly and easy to work with. I cannot think of one thing that I do not like about Historic Acres.

Profile Picture Adina, 5/20/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Set Up, Wireless Internet

This venue is absolutely STUNNING! The mix of beautiful chandeliers, natural woods and stone fireplace make this venue perfect for a rustic elegance theme. It is totally worth the money because it has so much more to offer. We saved money on decorations because the buildings and property already stood out so much. The property also offered many amazing backdrops for photos from the farmhouse to the courtyard to the barn to the corn crib and so many more. If the weather is nice, you can get married outside under an arbor by this beautiful pond near the old farmhouse. It ended up raining on our wedding day but the great part was the barn was a beautiful back up option. Our guests could not stop saying how much they loved the venue. The team at Historic Acres was amazing as well. Both Melodie the venue manager and Ana the event specialist were easy to work with, quick to respond to questions, and helped make the whole process run smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 5/5/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Set Up

We were so lucky to have the perfect wedding at this perfect venue! The staff was a pleasure to work with before the wedding- professional and very detail oriented, and very accommodating! Because it isn't a venue that has it's own catering etc and the vendors have to be brought in, there were a lot of details to pull together, but they made sure that I hadn't overlooked anything and that there wouldn't be any surprises on the day of our wedding. Our wedding day was perfect- I loved being able to have the ceremony outside on the beautiful lawn, then moving guests to the courtyard and barn space for cocktail hour (it was great to have the indoor barn space for guest to keep cool in). Our reception in the Pavilion was beautiful, and I loved that guests could walk around the property if they wanted. I'm so glad that we chose Historic Acres for our wedding and would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Katharine, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables

Historic Acres of Hershey was the perfect venue for our reception. We can't speak more highly of Alyssa and working with her throughout the planning process was incredible. The variety of options offered by Historic Acres of Hershey, from the farmhouse to the pavilion, to the outdoor courtyard gave our guests so many places to go throughout the reception. I highly recommend this venue, especially with Alyssa in the lead!

Profile Picture Erica, 4/16/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We just recently had our wedding at The Historic Acres. I can honestly say it was the best day of my life and was everything I imagined and more. The venue is gorgeous and can suit any style of wedding from rustic to classic to modern. My guests were amazed at how beautiful everything was. I loved that there were separate areas for the ceremony (outside in front of the pond), cocktail hour (on the beautiful brick/stone patio) and reception (in the pavilion). Aside from the beauty of the venue, the service was even better! Alyssa was amazing, there was nothing she wasn't willing to help with or do to make our day perfect. She also had a positive upbeat attitude that helped keep wedding anxiety at bay. Kevin was also a huge help - we appreciated this so much! I would recommend this venue to anybody - it makes for a magical wedding!

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Beautiful wedding venue! When we first booked it, it was just a plot of land with a plan. We were blown away by the final product. It is truly gorgeous there, and the staff was very helpful.

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/29/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The staff at Historic Acres were as wonderful as the venue is beautiful! My husband and I booked the venue before the pavilion space was even started, because we were so impressed by the beauty of the grounds. Once the pavilion was completed, we were in absolute awe of its grandeur and beauty! We were so ex

Profile Picture Kaylyn, 8/7/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is BEAUTIFUL! The only reason we didn't go with Historic Acres was due to unavailability for a specific date. The new barn / pavilion is stunning. If you're interested in checking this place out for your wedding, don't hesitate as it gets booked fairly quickly - for a good reason! Talk to Melodie, she's super nice and informative.

Profile Picture Denyal, 5/18/19, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Gorgeous venue, ecen In the rain. Reception hall was wonderful for pictures and the outdoor area made for a lovely cocktail hour and reprieve for guests who needed to smoke or get fresh air. Fire pit was wonderful for kids and adults alike.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

Historic Acres is a beautiful venue. The option of staying in the farmhouse and renting the small building for the rehearsal dinner made the weekend much less stressful for bridal party. The grounds could not be more beautiful. Thd pavilion is stunning. The ceremony was conducted outdoors as the weather was perfect but they have the barn as indoor backup for ceremonies should it rain. We had a pretty much perfect wedding at Historic Acres and I highly recommend it

Profile Picture Joanne, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I recently had my ceremony and reception at Historic Acres. It was a wonderful experience. Melodie was extremely helpful with any questions we had. We stayed at the onsite farmhouse the night before, which was super convenient when we had to get ready the next day. We were originally supposed to have our wedding out on the lawn, but due to the weather conditions, had to move it into the newly renovated indoor space. Every guest raved about how absolutely beautiful the site was, from the outdoor decor, to the stonework and chandeliers at our ceremony site, to the gorgeous reception venue. And the added coolness factor of the s'mores pit made it even more perfect. I would absolutely recommend Historic Acres to any bride in the Hershey area who is looking for a romantic and beautiful wedding site.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/4/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Chairs, Tables
4.7

We couldn't have chosen a better venue for our October 2017 wedding!! The staff (especially Melody) is super helpful and friendly, eager to help put your mind at ease as you plan your big day! The venue is absolutely gorgeous - truly you need very little decorations because the grounds are so beautiful on their own!! Our guests are still raving about what a great venue it is. Myself and the bridesmaids stayed in the Farmhouse the night before - and it was perfect! Lots of space to relax and get ready!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Set Up
4.7

Such an amazing and breathtaking venue. We loved how everything was all in one place and didnt have to travel too far for anything. the Farm house was beautiful as well for getting ready and such. Just make sure to read your agreement though, that is my only suggestion and our only screw up lol. We got the Pavilion package which includes everything basically...except the second floor of the farmhouse, which we must have forgot about. We got charged for using the upstairs for pictures ($500, an equivalent of an overnight stay) My only advice to them is to rope that area off so that when people walk in, they don't automatically assume they have the whole house.

Another thing, for the reception hall, they really didnt follow the table diagram we had. It still looked fabulous, but we just had to do some minor adjustments the day of/setup of the wedding to accommodate it. It still turned out beautiful

Other then that, such an amazing place, and awesome atmosphere, we had countless of guests tell us that this was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. We have gotten alot of really nice pictures, and im so glad this was part of our special day!! Thank you Ana and Melodie for all that you have helped us with. We will definitely be recommending to your future clients!!! :)

Profile Picture Kyle, 12/3/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Accommodations, Indoor

So I got married at Historic Acres in September 2015 - we booked the venue in early November 2014, when the pavilion was just a blueprint. I was BLOWN AWAY by the beauty of the grounds to begin with, let alone the finished product of the pavilion. My guests were in awe, and everyone just loved the chandeliers. I can't say anything negative about the looks of the venue - there are so many photo ops and things to look at. It was absolutely perfect. However - being that this is a new venue, I expected, and hit, quite a few speed bumps. When I signed the contract, I was working with Jenn, and by the time I got married, she was no longer there, and the new event manager was Alyssa. Information was varying between Alyssa and Jenn & no one could get on the same page about my contract. We ran into issues reserving time for our rehearsal, figuring out when we could get into the farmhouse on the day of the wedding, what rooms were included on my contract, and what times we could get into the venue space to set up our reception.

On the DAY OF THE WEDDING - the wedding coordinator provided by the venue didn't show up. We had vendors asking where they could plug things in, where to store extra items, and how to turn on the AC, where to get toilet paper, etc. First of all - don't be fooled by the term "coordinator" because they aren't there to help you with your wedding set-up, tear down, or timeline. All the coordinator is there to do is answer questions ABOUT THE VENUE and she never showed up. Alyssa (the manager) was out of town, so I called and left her a voicemail.. NEVER heard back. My mom called while I was on my honeymoon & was told that she got fired 2 days before my wedding. I got no notification or warning, and my contract wasn't fully satisfied because of that. Thank god their 2 groundsmen stepped up and got our vendors what they needed!

I really do recommend this venue to anyone - it is sooooo beautiful and I would live the headache all over again!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/26/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Chairs, Tables

This is a beautiful, new venue with a rustic yet elegant style. The grounds are beautiful for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Jen was easy to work with, and the owners bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. They allow outside vendors.

Profile Picture Holly , 11/29/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables

This venue is absolutely everything and my wife were looking for! The scenery, the venue space, the farm house, and all around grounds were absolutely everything we wanted in our special day. Though it rained and we did not get to use the outside, the venue was quick to respond to our needs! We has some small issues in final moments of planning, but I believe that is because of a staffing change as the venue is fairly new. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking for an affordable venue that is likely to create beautiful backdrops for pictures and to share the grounds with friends and families!

Profile Picture David, 10/2/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables
3.8

The most important thing is that we had the most beautiful and perfect day at Historic Acres, and I wouldn't change our venue for the world. The grounds are gorgeous, the pavilion is magical, and the whole area is really breathtaking when everything is all set up. The getting ready space was perfect, the parking was spacious, the flow of the various areas was understandable for guests. The place is amazing, and the hiccups we faced were worth it in the end.
Some of our issues began at the very beginning with the venue, when we were offered and accepted a date that was unavailable. We straightened this out with a few tears when we had to adjust our expectations, but it was handled fairly quickly. During the planning process, the venue had a major staffing change when Alyssa left and Melody began. The communication throughout was mainly handled by our planner (thankfully) but there were times that communication was a bit of a question. We were told at the very beginning before contracting that we could tent the outside area in the case of rain, and when the forecast looked like rain we were told that this was not an option. We were lucky with the weather and had a beautiful day, but we were SO stressed about that level of miscommunication the week before the wedding. Our planner handled everything the day of, but I suggest having someone that isn't through the venue doing that role for you. On our day, there was a chalkboard outside from Historic Acres. I wish I could attach a picture, and I can totally laugh about this now, but the chalkboard was a mess. They misspelled our last name, and you could still see the title of a previous event, like it wasn't erased at all. We had BEAUTIFUL chalkboard signs made for us by a separate vendor, but the one from the venue was really gross, and the first thing that people saw when they walked into our wedding- a misspelled last name and someone else's "Welcome to the future Mrs _______". Mixed experience but beautiful day.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/25/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
3.7

Historic Acres is a unique and beautiful venue located in Hershey. We booked before the building was finished and were certainly glad we did! So many of my guests complimented the venue and how beautiful it was - they couldn't believe this gem was tucked away in Hershey. We originally were supposed to have our wedding outside on the lawn but due to weather it was moved inside. However, I think this was almost better. The newly renovated space is beautiful and really added to our wedding day. I thought it was a little ridiculous that the venue charged us extra to have our cocktail hour in that space, especially because we already gave so much money to the venue and as a bride I cannot control the weather. The only negative was that the venue coordinator changed about 3 times over the 1 year course of my wedding planning. This made it really difficult with planning since I was promised one thing from someone and then the next changed it. I also really disliked the professionalism form the newly hired day of woman. She was extremely rude to my family during clean up, basically just standing over them and bossing them around. I understand we didn't pay to have her help out but to stand there and be obtrusive was really unappreciated. I also didn't appreciate that she came during my reception and told my DJ we had to come clean up the ceremony space. We were never told a time that the ceremony space had to be cleaned up, and unfortunately my mother in law had to leave the reception to help with clean up since she was so adamit about clearing the space. Overall I would highly recommend this space since it is so beautiful and the added bonus of renting the farm house is really great! I would just suggest hiring a day of coordinator since Historic Acres themselves does not provide anyone and they are adamit about not helping AT ALL.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Accommodations, Event Rentals