Hilo Productions is a dedicated mobile Dj / Lighting production serving the greater Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Las Vegas, Destination and Same Sex weddings.

All Meetings are held via Zoom.

• Asian-owned
  • Pacific Islander-owned

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$2,000

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,000

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Photobooth
Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$995

What music genres do you specialize in?

Club
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Bilingual MC
Do-Not-Play List
Video Projection

What additional equipment do you offer?

Disco Ball

83 Reviews See all
B
Brian M. Married on 09/16/2023

Stop the search!

SERIOUSLY! The title to this review doesn鈥檛 give it justice. From start to finish, Rob was the best we could hope for. Coming from newlyweds that had no idea what to expect, Rob helped us with more than we knew we needed. Immediately out the gate from identifying him as our go to DJ, he was so hands on. My wife and I were not expecting that but was so nice. He asked us so many questions and you could tell he truly wanted to make this an experience to remember. Furthermore, he helped us organize our entire timeline of the day and reception and that provided so much clarity for us. If we ever had questions or needed help, he was responsive and provided his input (even on his vacation he helped!!). The day off was amazing. The mix of music was so much fun and everyone RAVED about the great music and how great he was! Seriously, Rob was a life saver for our biggest day. Do not waste time finding another DJ. He is the MAN!
Chelsea
Chelsea N. Married on 05/20/2023
5 out of 5 rating

Tl;dr: The Hilo Productions team was awesome. If you are in need of a DJ/MC, look no further! Robert is your guy. :)

There are two things that I personally look forward to most when going to weddings: the photo booth and the music/dancing. This did not change when planning for my own wedding.

Enter Robert. My husband and I were introduced to him by our planner who highly recommended him as a DJ and MC. His company also provided everything needed for the wedding ceremony as well as the photo booth so it was like an all in one package deal for us.

Eric and I have nothing but good things to say about Robert. He was always so enthusiastic, so friendly, so professional. We could tell he loves what he does. We had three official meetings - one to get to know each other, one to discuss some details with my dad (more on this later), and one to finalize all the details for the wedding day. He took great care each meeting to really delve into the nitty gritty of what we would want and not want for our wedding day. He was such a great listener during those meetings. But even beyond that, throughout the entire planning process, Robert made himself available to us by email and text. We never had a doubt about reaching him one way or the other.

His passion translates to great energy on the day of the wedding. As MC, he really was able to hype up the bridal party and also hype up the guests to keep everyone excited about the wedding night. He was able to keep people engaged on the different activities that would be happening throughout the night.

Something that he went out of his way on was regarding the father-daughter performance. Instead of a dance, my dad wanted for us to do a singing performance together and so, Robert worked with him personally to figure out the details of the performance. He made it a priority. Had an impromptu meeting with us to figure out the details. Even spent extra time with my dad during sound set up on wedding day to make sure that everything with the performance could go smoothly. It was a really special moment to sing with my dad on my wedding day so we really appreciate Robert helping to set this up.

As for the music, I am so grateful to Robert for working with us to make sure he played what we really wanted to hear throughout our wedding night to give us the mostly 90s-2000s vibes we wanted while seamlessly incorporating music as requested by my dad so that all the guests of all generations could enjoy. He fit in a mini emo set during dancing because it was something I really wanted. Even played a song three times in the night because I didn't hear it the first two times (sorry Robert lol). We had so many music requests and he was able to accommodate them all.

At the end of our wedding, the photo booth was hit for everyone and so was the dance floor! We couldn't imagine a better way to end our reception than dancing the night away with all of our close friends on the dance floor.
N
Nicky Married on 11/05/2022

Absolutely Amazing

Not only is Robert an amazing DJ and MC, he really acts as another core support to help plan your wedding to perfection. We talked a lot before our wedding and he really helped us think a lot through of the potential things that could happen and how to avoid them/improve them. He really made our wedding so, so easy and super fun!! I don鈥檛 know how we did it, but everything we planned was actually and perfectly on time!

Our night was unforgettable. So many of our friends and family had such a blast. Even my sister (who is incredibly picky) even said to Robert in the middle of the night that she needed him for her wedding!

Robert really connects with everyone he works with and makes it fun for everyone. I will not forget how he was interacting with our bridal party before the guests arrived and pumping them all up for the grand entrance. It was so fun and funny as we all laughed and fooled around before go time.

Our reception was a blast! Robert coordinated an awesome game during dinner and got so many of the guests up and going. He got both sides of our friends and family to come together to meet, play, and get silly! One of the unforgettable and hilarious moments was how one of our friends grabbed my step-dad (not realizing who he was!!) and carried him onto the dance floor. I will never forget the look on my step-dad鈥檚 face. He was laughing so hard, and I knew he was having so much fun.

Thank you so much for everything, Robert. We still think back to our wedding how everything really was just so fun and so perfect!!
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Lifetime Weddings & Events and The Villa Lifetime Weddings & Events and The Villa Wedding Planners

HiLo Productions...where do I begin? We have worked with DJ Robert for several years. He is full of energy and you can tell when he walks into the room, because he will get the crowd going immediately. Robert has been in this industry for quite some time and knows exactly how to control any situation when it arises. He is also known as best dressed DJ in OC according to a lot of our clients. I have nothing but great things to say about Mr. Robert Hilo. I know that his professionalism will impress you. We continue to recommend him because we know that our clients are in good hands when DJ Robert Hilo is taking care of our weddings!

Small Wonders Small Wonders Wedding Planners

GREAT COMPANY! Robert is great to work with, very professional, and is a great person on top of it all. The only problem is that he books up fast...so if has a date open that you want, snag it...it won't last long!

Other vendors in Los Angeles for your wedding