Great Beginnings Dj Service

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,800 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,800 Most Popular Price

I Brandon Tjaden, owner of Great Beginnings Dj Service based out of Gresham and the Portland Metro area have been in the Dj business since I was 12 years old learning from the best Dj'n with my Dad and uncles. For the past 25 years I have established and built my own reputation of quality service & satisfied customers. I am the owner and The Dj of my company which ensures quality and top preformance at every event.

I think I was destined to be a Dj in life as soon as I got my first boom box! As a kid I would record and splice hits off the radio on to cassettes, burn and put together mix CDs to sell them to kids in my middle school! I Dj'd my own High school dances and was Dj'n weddings by myself at the age of 16.

Being a wedding Dj it is my goal to create an amazing and unforgettable experience for you and your guests. I believe in creating the perfect mood while being professional, timely, and prepared for any situation. I pride myself on not only playing great music, but also helping with the flow of your event so you can enjoy this magical day you are planning. I view my services as more than playing a great mix of music, but also entertaining your guests, maintaining a smooth flow of events, and providing assistance planning your event. A good mix of these services will help to ensure your event runs smoothly, and that all your guests will have an amazing time they will remember for years to come.

• Pacific Islander-owned

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,800

What is included in the starting price?

Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,800

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Disco Ball
Travel Expenses

What music genres do you specialize in?

Country
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day

What additional equipment do you offer?

• Riley
    Riley H. Married on 06/18/2022

DJ Brandon quite honestly MADE our wedding!

Being a Blazer Dancer, I knew I needed a DJ that would keep the party going all night - Brandon did just that. Something I appreciate is how well he read the room - during dinner; he played upbeat yet mellow tunes; during the speeches, he added hilarious sound effects that had everyone laughing, and during the reception, his song choices kept everyone dancing!! On top of that, he was incredibly kind and caring - he went above and beyond by getting us drinks during dinner, etc. All in all - a great person and an exceptional DJ. If you want a FUN wedding with a poppin' dance floor - this is your guy. Thank you so much, Brandon, for making our wedding a night to remember!!
    Julie P. Married on 06/12/2022

Wedding DJ

If you are looking for a DJ who is exceptionally professional, incredibly personable and an extra layer of support added to your wedding day, look no further than Brandon! He is amazing and you won’t regret having him at your event!
  • T &
    T & Married on 05/29/2022

Fantastic DJ for Our Wedding Celebration

I had experienced Brandon’s DJ skills at a wedding 5 years ago and definitely remember it being a great wedding and active dance floor. Brandon did an amazing job for our reception, he seamlessly navigated having music playing at both our cocktail hour location and then our dinner and dance party in a separate hall. We gave him ideas and talked about the flow of our wedding in a couple of meetings prior to the event and he took general information we gave him and created a masterpiece of a wedding. Music is key in our book, and it was perfect. He was even able to play our obscure request for 60s French pop.
    Not only is he masterful as arranging, but also a great MC and really helped our guests navigate our event.
    We let him choose the final dance song and it was perfect, straight out of the wedding episode from The Office. He just knew us as a couple all from the music ideas we sent him.
    From one couple to another we would absolutely recommend Brandon for your wedding!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

24 photos · 08/24/2018

Persimmon Country Club Persimmon Country Club Country Club Weddings

Amazing Job!! Very Fun!

Lakeside Gardens Lakeside Gardens Banquet Halls

I've experienced a lot of "DJs" at Lakeside Gardens that probably shouldn't be using that title. Brandon was a breath of fresh air! He came early and was setup for both the outside ceremony and indoor reception in plenty of time. To add a fun touch to the dance floor inside he brought moving lights. He played great music and created the prefect party atmosphere - he was even out on the dance floor getting down with the guests at one point! Besides the dance party portion of the evening I would say ANNOUNCEMENTS are almost as important. I can't tell you how many awkward DJs I've experienced when it comes to announcement making. Brandon was professional, clear and loud enough for everyone to hear when important announcements were made to keep the time line flowing along. I would recommend Brandon to my future brides. If you are looking for a FUN and professional DJ give Brandon a call!

Northwest Foto Northwest Foto Wedding Photographers

Brandon with Great Beginnings DJ Service was very relaxed and professional. He listens to what you need for your event and nails it every time. I would highly recommend him for any event you need music and an entertaining voice. Greg (Northwest Foto owner)

246 n main ave Portland, OR, 97080
Location of (Great Beginnings Dj Service)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding