335 Grape St, Whitehall, PA 18052 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop

Granny Schmidt’s bakery opened in September 2006 to bring best-in-class bakery products to customers who enjoy the marriage of high style and century-old goodness.

We don’t produce cakes by adding flavorings to factory supplied base mixes. We make every cake from scratch, often one at a time, using nothing you wouldn’t have found at the corner grocery a hundred years ago.

We bake our wedding cakes using the exact same recipes we use for our specialty and custom cakes.

64 Reviews for Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop

Alessandra · Married on 06/10/2017

Granny Schmidt's was such a pleasure to work with. They made it super easy because they contacted the hotel and coordinated everything! The only thing we had to do was pick out the cake flavors really, which was so tough because everything tasted incredible! The cake was ABSOLUTELY stunning, she coordinated with the florist even so we didn't have to be the liason. Everything from start to finish was perfection! We CANNOT wait til our 1 y ear anniversary so we can taste the cake again- it just melted in your mouth! Everyone commented on how delicious and beautifully presented it was!

Sent on 12/11/2017

kira · Married on 11/12/2016

My husband and I went to several bakeries in the area trying to find a bakery that baked a wedding cake that actually tasted good, like a homemade cake and not something bland or gross. Most bakeries had mediocre cakes with cheap frosting. Granny Schmidt's by far had the best cake around, it actually tasted good unlike most wedding cakes I've had at other weddings. I kid you not, on our honeymoon my husband actually said at one point "I wish I still had our wedding cake to eat", it was that good.

Sent on 12/01/2016
  • mellymel

Melanie · Married on 10/08/2016

Michelle went far and beyond with our cake inspiration. She made our wedding cake and grooms cake. Not only did they look beautiful they were absolutely delicious. We received compliments on how delicious our cake was! Simply wonderful!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
    It was a pleasure working with you!
    Many more years of happiness!
    Michelle

• Rockin' Photobooth
    Rockin' Photobooth Photo Booths

we LOVE Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop! Their butter cream is so yummie! Quality of cakes and personalized designs are what they specialize in.

• Heart Ceremonies: Rev. Stephanie Anne Thompson
    Heart Ceremonies: Rev. Stephanie Anne Thompson Wedding Officiants

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop is fabulous! Michelle and Melissa offer clients quality service, creative designs and fabulous taste. Michelle is a great resource for couples and other wedding professionals. She offers couples ideas and is a great listener. Their cannoli cake is fabulous! I have seen so many of their designs at weddings throughout the Greater Lehigh Valley and know the consistency of taste and design flair.

• Omnivent Inc
    Omnivent Inc Wedding Decor & Lighting

What can I say. Granny makes great cake. I look forward to any event with Michelle and her staff, especially when we get to have a slice of cake too! Her shop in Whitehall is a great place to hang out and enjoy cupcakes. get a box for yourself sometime, you'll understand.

• 335 Grape St Whitehall, 18052 See on map