Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop Reviews

64 | Whitehall, PA

64 Reviews for Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop

64 Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop Reviews

Alessandra · Married on 06/10/2017

Granny Schmidt's was such a pleasure to work with. They made it super easy because they contacted the hotel and coordinated everything! The only thing we had to do was pick out the cake flavors really, which was so tough because everything tasted incredible! The cake was ABSOLUTELY stunning, she coordinated with the florist even so we didn't have to be the liason. Everything from start to finish was perfection! We CANNOT wait til our 1 y ear anniversary so we can taste the cake again- it just melted in your mouth! Everyone commented on how delicious and beautifully presented it was!

kira · Married on 11/12/2016

My husband and I went to several bakeries in the area trying to find a bakery that baked a wedding cake that actually tasted good, like a homemade cake and not something bland or gross. Most bakeries had mediocre cakes with cheap frosting. Granny Schmidt's by far had the best cake around, it actually tasted good unlike most wedding cakes I've had at other weddings. I kid you not, on our honeymoon my husband actually said at one point "I wish I still had our wedding cake to eat", it was that good.

• mellymel

Melanie · Married on 10/08/2016

Michelle went far and beyond with our cake inspiration. She made our wedding cake and grooms cake. Not only did they look beautiful they were absolutely delicious. We received compliments on how delicious our cake was! Simply wonderful!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure working with you! Many more years of happiness! Michelle

Anna · Married on 05/28/2016

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! Not only was it beautiful, but it was delicious as well! Granny Schmidt's did such a great job with our request to have a cheesecake wedding cake and did exactly what we wanted for the design of it. We could not be more pleased with it! We also ordered cheesecakes for our guests and they were just as delicious and amazing! They put a lot of great work into our cakes and it was all done from scratch! They tasted fresh and they just went over the top for our wedding to make it so special for us! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you for the kind review! I am thrilled you were happy with your wedding cake and cheesecakes! Congratulations again! Michelle

Emily · Married on 04/16/2016

Everyone at our wedding raved about how great our cake was! We would recommend Granny Schmidt's to anyone getting married in the Lehigh Valley!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you Emily! We always strive to give our clients the best product we can! Thank you again for letting us be part of your special day!

Lauren · Married on 11/28/2015

We ordered our wedding cake from Michelle and her team and we could not be happier! Michelle created a simple and elegant ivory cake for us. Our guests raved about the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Granny Schmidt's was accommodating, creative and listened to what we were looking for. We highly recommend this vendor for anyone getting married in the area!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you Lauren for the kind review! Our job is done! You were happy! That makes me happy! We strive for the very best experience you could imagine! Congratulations again

Rebecca · Married on 10/17/2015

Our wedding cake was (and still is one week later) DELICIOUS!

Michelle, the owner at Granny Schmidt's takes so much pride in her creations which made me feel so great after our first meeting. She was honest and candid when we asked her opinion about things, which I really appreciated.

We had 100 guests and ordered a three tier cake along with a kitchen cake. To be honest, we probably didn't need the second cake but I can't complain about the leftovers!

We ordered chocolate and vanilla cake with a buttercream filling as well as a chocolate and vanilla cake with raspberry mousse filling. Michelle recommended that we go with a buttercream frosting instead of fondant... I was hesitant at first but she was able to execute the design that I wanted with the tasty buttercream instead of using the not so tasty fondant. The icing was delicious, it almost reminded me a little bit of eating a marshmallow... soo good! The raspberry mousse was also out of this world!

The cakes both exceeded our expectations and we would definitely recommend Granny Schmidt's to anyone who wants a top quality cake with all of the best ingredients, no preservatives and absolutely awesome texture and taste. Michelle is a pro and makes the selection process a breeze from start to finish.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Awe,thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled you were happy with your wedding cake. Keep us in mind for all your special events. Congrats again! Michelle

Jeanne · Married on 10/03/2015

Our wedding cake and cupcakes turned out so beautifully! Michelle did a wonderful job. Everything was so delicious, too. Some of the best flavors I've ever had. I would recommend Granny Schmidt's to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Awe thank you for the kind words! So happy we were part of your special day! Thanks again! Michelle
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/07/2015

My husband & I could not be happier that we chose to go with Granny Schmitd's :) We had an Italian wedding & of course Italians love desert (well.... we all do)!!! We had our tasting with Michelle who is a complete sweetheart!! We tried a couple of cake combinations, they were all to die for but our hearts were set on the rum soaked cake with cannoli filling & buttercream icing ❤ ❤ ❤ LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It was love at first taste ;) So a BIG thank you to Michelle for recommending this cake & for helping us with many other recommendations & wedding advice!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Dear Kimberly and Sal, What an honor to do the cake for your wedding and get to meet the both of you! It was my pleasure! I hope to see you both very soon! Congratulations again! Michelle Quier Granny Schmidt's

Nichole · Married on 07/17/2015

Our cake was unbelievable! Many of our guests couldn't believe that we had banana cake with nutella filling! The design was so beautiful I can't believe how great it turned out. I will plan to use Granny Schmidt again with any special event we may have in our future. I also will plan to recommend her to anyone looking for a great and tasteful cake.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Awe, thank you for the kind review! We strive to make you happy! I am so glad everyone loved it! That has been a popular flavor! Congratulations again! We hope to see you soon! Michelle

Krista · Married on 06/13/2015

We are so happy that we chose Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop for our wedding cake! It was, by far, the best cake have ever had! Michelle was so patient and helpful. She even created something so unique for us. We had a vanilla and chocolate cake with raspberry filling and buttercream icing. Friends and family are still talking about it. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Hi Krista! Thank you for the kind words! You were a joy to work with! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day! Congratulations again! Michelle

Amanda · Married on 06/06/2015

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful from Granny Schmidts. Our whole experience with Granny Schmidts was probably the best out of any of our vendors. She was on top of every detail from the very first meeting. We tasted and picked the details for our cake months ahead of time. About a month before the wedding Michelle called to verify all of the details. This was the first vendor to call us before us having to contact them. It was such a nice change! The day of the wedding the cake was delivered without any problems. It was so seamless I actually didn't know the cake had been delivered! I remember walking into our venue and seeing our beautiful cake all set up. It was absolutely beautiful and of course tasted just as good. We've already gone back to Granny Schmidts since my husband and I didn't get a chance to eat a piece of our cake. She made us a smaller version of our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious (and beautiful)! We will definitely be going back to Granny Schmidts for our cakes in the future!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you Amanda for the kind words! At Granny Schmidt's we strive to be set apart from the rest! So glad you were thrilled, my job is done! Congratulations again! Michelle

Our wedding cake was beautiful and the cupcakes were delicious! Our cupcakes practically flew off the cake stand, everyone loved them!! I would highly recommend them to for any special occasion!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review of our company. We are thrilled your guests enjoyed the cupcakes so much! Congratulations again! We hope to see you soon for your next special event!

erika · Married on 05/23/2015

Michelle was wonderful to work with!! We did cupcakes along with a 6" topper cake! The cupcakes were beautiful and so yummy! People were raving how good the frosting was!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review! It was my pleasure. We are thrilled you were pleased! Congratulations again!

Marissa · Married on 05/09/2015

WOW! Best, best bakery in the Lehigh Valley. I went with a more simple design for my cake but the cake itself was out of this world. We actually ate the top layer lol, but will be ordering either a small cake or cupckaes for our 1 year anniversary to enjoy the cake again - strawberries and cream. Michelle is the best in the business, and very easy to work with!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so happy you were happy with your cake. We try very hard to make every wedding cake a memorable one....looks like we have succeeded again! Congratulations from all of us at Granny Schmidt's !
  • Jen W

Jennifer · Married on 04/19/2015

Our cakes were ABSOLUTELY delicious. We had so many people complementing our cakes. They were very easy to work with and our wedding cake and groom's cake were exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was our pleasure to make your cakes for your wedding day! We wish you a lifetime of wonderful memories!

Jodi · Married on 04/18/2015

We were thrilled with the wedding cake made by Granny Schmidt's! Michelle was so easy to work with! The cake was not only incredibly beautiful, it was absolutely delicious! We received so many compliments about both the look and taste. We sampled a few other bake shops and chose Granny Schmidt's on the spot! The price was reasonable and after the tasting, we knew we found our baker! I would highly recommend Granny Schmidt's.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your cake! Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your special day! Congratulations again!

Cassandra · Married on 01/03/2015

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing!!! Michelle is an amazing woman to work with!! Couldn't ask for a better person to have handled my wedding cake!! It was everything I dreamed of!! And sooooo yummy!! Thank you so much for everything! Can't wait to use you in the future for other cakes!!

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2014

We were so happy with our cake from Granny Schmidt's! Michelle was great to work with and everyone said how amazing the cake was! Our guests were still talking about it days later! It was so important for us to not only have a beautiful cake but one that tasted great too! They definitely delivered!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure. We are so happy you made us part of your special day. Congratulations again! Michelle

Allison · Married on 09/20/2014

I have nothing but good things to say about Michelle and the bakers at Granny Schmidt's. Michelle was very professional and friendly during our cake consultation. She was probably the easiest of all my wedding vendors to work with too. All it took was a short cake tasting and a few emails to plan what my now-husband and I wanted our wedding cake to look like. The actual cake looked exactly like the picture I sent Michelle. We picked the most basic flavor combinations (chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream icing), and our guests raved about how delicious it tasted. A few people said it was the best cake they ever had! I thought the cake was moist, and the icing was a perfect balance of sweet and creamy...definitely not sugary or artificial like some cakes can be. I can't wait until our one year anniversary to eat it again. I highly recommend Granny Schmidt's to any future bride looking for a great bakery in the Lehigh Valley. I will definitely call Michelle the next time I need a cake for a special occasion!

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2014

Michelle was so easy to work with and everything that I requested came out more beautiful than I could imagine! I received lots of compliments on how lovely the cake was and how good it tasted!!

FABULOUS, FABULOUS FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!! Nothing more I can say. We had interviewed/sampled several other bakeries in the area and Michelle at Granny Schmidt's came out the winner. We were given a bigger cake, better tasting , no delivery fee. She looked at our pictures, started sketching from the moment we sat down with her. We told her our theme and she was spot on. When we walked into our reception and saw that cake....I nearly fell over. When we went to cut it I actually didn't want to ruin it !! Not only was it stunning but the taste was AWESOME !!!! We received so many compliments on it, guests in addition to eating it at the reception wanted some to take home. Michelle worked with me and the allergies I have to create a cake I could actually eat at no extra charge. She actually created a special icing I could eat ! Some bakeries wanted an extra fee for this. She definitely has a client for life ! We will get all of our baked items from her !

Sent on 07/05/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was our pleasure to make your cake special! We love what we do and thankfully it shows with clients like yourself! We look forward to working with you again! Cheers! Michelle

Heather · Married on 06/14/2014

Granny Schmidt's has excellent service and amazing cakes. We ordered both our rehearsal dinner and wedding cake from Michelle. The cohiba cigar chocolate peanut butter cake was absolutely amazing and was the talk of our rehearsal dinner. Michelle and Melissa have true talent designing a cake with that much detail. The raspberry chiffon vanilla/chocolate wedding cake was delicious and elegant. So many people told me they loved the cake--even people that never eat cake or usually skip the cake at weddings--ate the cake and loved it! They have the best cakes around!!!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are thrilled you picked us to make the special cakes for your big day! Congratulations again! Michelle Quier Granny Schmidt's

Kolbe · Married on 05/31/2014

Let me tell you, this lady knows how to bake! We found Granny Schmidt online and went to meet with her. During that time, she gave both my fiancée and myself small samples of her cake, and HOLY COW THEY WERE DELICIOUS. We also showed her a picture of a cake her found online, thinking that it looked complicated, but within three seconds of seeing it, she went "Oh, I've made this cake before." She's a no-nonsense, "let's make some great cake" lady that gets the job done on time and perfectly. Our cake had a regal/royal pattern on the outside (which she did with buttermilk frosting, NOT FONDANT!), and chocolate and vanilla cake with a layer of raspberry purée in between the layers, on her suggestion because we loved both the samples we tried. Granny Schmidt did an EXCELLENT job catering to our needs, making useful suggestions, and delivering a cake that we COMPLETELY FINISHED on the day of our wedding. Hell, my wife and I only got a half-slice! That's how much our guests loved the cake! We would highly recommend this bakery for any event!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! Clients like you make what I do so much more than a job!~ Congratulations again! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day!

Diane · Married on 04/12/2014

Designed both groom's and wedding cakes to bride's request. Provided many samples for couple to try. Outstanding. Guests remarking how wonderful the cake was! Pleasure to work with. Thank you for making their day so special.

Sent on 04/13/2014

Granny Schmidt's Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! We strive to make sure our happy couples have the best experience ever! Congratulations again!