31 George Downs Rd, Bloomingdale, NY 12913 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 100
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Good Guy Productions

Good Guy Productions have been in the business of entertaining, full time, since 1996. At Good Guy Productions we certainly consider ourselves wedding and event experts. Entertaining is what we do first and foremost. It is not only our livelihood but our passion.
We are what is called a “Multi-Operator” DJ Company. This means we have several DJ’s who are available to work your event. All our DJ’s are all trained the same way and do things virtually the same way, but each one has their own fun personality that they bring.

How is this a benefit vs a single operator DJ? We have several back-ups, and then we have back-up for our back-ups. There are several systems available as well as several vehicles and several DJ’s. People do get sick and machines do break. We always have a contingency plan in case of an emergency. This what we like to call, “No Worry Entertainment”.

Experience is paramount to having a successful reception. Years of reading crowds, studying trends, attending conventions and running into virtually every scenario possible and keeping cool is priceless. No matter what the situation is, we have seen it, we have learned from it, and we know how to handle it. Believe me when I say that we've seen it all: an impromptu marriage proposal to an Irish step dance crew showing up at the hotel and simply deciding to join in the fun and perform at a random wedding to a mylar balloon getting caught in the outdoor power lines and shorting out an entire building. Having the savvy to handle the situation is priceless.

Our equipment is top notch, bar none. At Good Guys there is no limit on cost to keeping everything up to date and making sure our gigs are bulletproof. The reliability and sound quality of the JBL speakers and amplifiers, the multiple layers of back-up in case of an issue, the best light shows around all keep us ahead of the curve.

A little history of how we got started...

The Good Guys got their start in 1984 helping a high school teacher DJ dances for the student body. Upon graduating in 1985, the owner, Eric Wilson, was recruited by a college in Ohio, Mount Union College, to run track for them. I decided to spend a semester at home first at a local college called North Country Community College. While there a friend recruited me to do on-air work for the local radio station,WNBZ, where I immediately fell in love with entertaining people. At Mount Union I decided that a career in News broadcasting would be my path. I had always loved music but the news seemed to be calling me. I was hoping at the time for TV but that was not meant to be. Following graduation from Mount in 1989, I was offerd a job at WNBZ in Plattsburgh as the News Editor. That meant that I was the last person to see the copy before it got sent to the teleprompter for the anchormen to read. I was offered $6 per hour, 30 hours a week, 6 days a week, 5 hours a day, split shift, 4:30-7:00 and 9:30 to 12:00 Monday through Saturday,WOW! Thanks but no thanks. So my first job after college was in Oneonta, NY to work as the News Director for WDOS AM. This was short lived. Grossing only $230 a week was pretty hard to make ends meet so I bought my first owned DJ rig and started doing fraternity parties to supplement. Ironically, on my six-month anniversary with WDOS, the entire station staff had a meeting and was informed that there would be an across the board pay cut of 5%. This was a 15% pay cut for me because that was the day I was supposed to get a 10% raise. I walked into my office and typed up my resignation letter on the spot, packed my bags and moved to Florida. I took a job in New Smyrna Beach as the News Director at WSBB radio station, plus did a few on-air shifts. I enjoyed this because aside from news I could also entertain and have fun. After a few months I grew weary of the stations unprofessional hack employees and decided to go more towards the DJ field. After all I was only 15 minutes from Daytona, the hottest party spot on the east Coast. I took a job at a bar called JD Penguins. I was hired instantly on the spot! I couldn't believe it! I was living in Florida, DJ'ing at a club and absolutely lovin life. That was until I broke a rule of the club. There would be no fraternizing with any other employees after work. Well, when the cool bouncers and bartenders asked me to hang out with them once in a while what was I supposed to do say no? Come on, I'm 22 years old living in Daytona, let's have some fun. And that's what we did for several months. Anyhow, we all go fired. Booo! My next step was to sell shoes at a Foot Action shoestore in the Volusia Mall. Yes indeed Al Bundy I was. I was the assistant manager and made some pretty good money. But I had been in Florida for 18 months, it was now 1992, July 4th weekend, and I wanted to go home to NY for my sisters birthday. So off I went, home to NY for the summer. I left my house on the beach and told my roommates that I would be back in November. This is when life took a twist and off in a hurry. I took a job at WLPW, Adirondack Radio, in Lake Placid doing evening drive DJ'ing. At the same time they had a gig called the "Mobile Jam" doing weddings, dances, etc. After doing my first one with the station owner he gave the show to me. (Time to hit warp speed) Soon everybody recognized me as the guy who did the mobile gigs and started calling me personally. Shortly after, I started getting calls for two or three gigs a weekend. I hated turning the jobs away so I bought another set-up, and then another, and then another and hired my brother and a friend to do my extra gigs. It just started rolling. Pretty soon I had six set-ups with sometimes all of these out every weekend. Things were hectic, but going great. At the same time I was doing a little teaching here and there. I was a long term sub at Tupper Lake, a tutor in Saranac Lake, taught a semester of French in Lake Placid and even an adjunct English Comp class at Paul Smiths College. This is where I met Paul Lorio, the Student Activities Director. Paul would hire me to do sound for his bands and other performers. Having a DJ company I asked him where he found all of his acts, I wanted a piece of the pie. He handed me a bible...have you ever seen in a movie when a life altering decision is made, how the item glows and that's all the person can see is that glowing object ...what Paul handed me was the National Association of Campus Activities directory. A book with thousands of colleges looking for performers to go to their school! I started to drool! It was a December night in 1994 when Paul and I shook hands. We decided to merge and become an event company with he being the agent and I being the entertainer. Basically, he would book 'em and I would do 'em. And so creation began. First came a gameshow called "Cupid's Lair", then "Battle of the Sexes", then "Ding Dong's for $$$" and then more more more! It was getting ready to be "go time" and we needed a catchy name. In the meantime, the radio station in Placid changed hands so I asked the owner if I could use our old name of "The Good Guys" for my new company.He gave me approval so we became Good Guy Productions. That next August I was busy just about every day. Our strategy was to go in with a lowball number to these colleges to get their business hoping people would like what we did and hire us back later for a higher price. It seems to have worked. Our first gig was at Alfred State college. I took a DJ named Smokin' Joe as my cohost and it went great! Fast forward 25 years...It is now 2018 and we have a full gambit of fun we can offer: twelve gameshows, seven different themed dance parties, concert sound and lighting, and dozens of novelties like casino nights, inflatables and drive-in movies. So Good Guy Productions is now more than a one man operation. On any given weekend I can have as many as a dozen guys off and running doing all types of shows and events. It took a while to get our feet dug in, but once we did I took my passions and turned it into a business. We have now performed at over 230 colleges and Universities as far North as Portland, Maine, South as Deland, Florida and West as Central Michigan. We have done events for The Boss Springsteen, President Bill Clinton, Edwin McCain, O-Town, Sophie B. Hawkins, French Montana, Gym Class Heroes and more. It's been a great ride! I truly do love making people smile, and that's what the Good Guys are all about!

Follow Good Guy Productions on

32 Reviews for Good Guy Productions

Amanda Jones · Married on 10/30/2018

Cory is Amazing!

Eric,

Shawn and I wanted to send a message your way to say thank you for letting us know that Cory would be at Romano’s last night. We were planning on an early night, but Cory kept us on the dance floor from the moment we walked in! To be honest, I had never heard Cory DJ before, but now I can say that he is amazing. He made everyone feel comfortable, laugh, and shake our booties! Shawn and I have not had that much fun in a really long time, if ever. I did thank Cory but wanted to thank you as well. You and your team do awesome work. Thank you.

Jenny Kampa · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome DJ's

Hi Eric,

Hope you are well! I want to let you know how awesome your DJ’s Scott and Shawn were at the wedding. We had a blast!!! It has been an absolute pleasure working with you and can’t tell you enough how happy I am to have hired you.

Take care,
    Jenny & Drew

Marsha · Married on 09/29/2018

DJ Phoenix was 1,000% amazing. Highly recommend the whole team at goodguy productions! From tents, chairs, heaters, photo booth and of course hours of entertainment. DJ Phoenix had the dance floor full all night long, from our older guests, 20 something’s and kids. He knew exactly the vibe of all of our guests When the party was over, no one was ready and so he stayed.

Good Guy Productions Pricing

Good Guy Productions Price Rates

Good Guy Productions FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,495.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Karaoke, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,995.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Disco Ball, Sound/PA System, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC, Video Projection

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Good Guy Productions 1
    Photobooth Add-on
    When booking a Photobooth with DJ, you receive a $150 discount.

• Creative Interpretations Photography
    Creative Interpretations Photography Wedding Photographers

Good Guy Productions and Creative Interpretations Photography go back almost 20 years. Though we have worked with numerous DJ production companies, Good Guy Productions is the gold standard to which all others are compared to. Eric Wilson knows the industry and hires only the best to represent his company. He turns any party into an event and nobody has the passion for what he does more than Eric. Highly Recommend!!

• 31 George Downs Rd Bloomingdale, NY 12913 See on map
    5188913500 (Other Phone Number)