Hey, DJ Bobby here:
You take oodles of time to choose a venue, food, bevvies, right? Even tables, chairs, plates & silverware, correct? Trust me on this: take some time to choose the right DJ.
Why? Because after dinner, after cake is cut (or cupcakes served) & coffee served, the only thing your guests (& you) will remember is the last 2-3-4 hours of dancing & the complaints about ‘hurting feet’ afterwards. That…is what I do.
So, what to look for in a great DJ?
- Audio Gear: no matter the talent, you can’t cover for crappy gear. And mine? Best available, in the world, for mobile DJ work. Really, you say? The techie who designed my system designed the audio system at Cowboy’s Stadium in Dallas. Yep. And what did they use? Electro-Voice, exclusively. And Guillermo told me: ‘This is too much, too heavy & too good, but for what you do in tents & barns, you’ll never run out of power or quality".
- My subwoofers (any DJ who does not use them = ‘poser’) will knock your socks off.
- My ‘mains’: most powerful & highest quality available for mids-highs. You care about music? I do and have used EV throughout my club, studio & mobile DJ career.
- Lastly: wireless mics? Of course, your besties & parents & you can stroll around the venue or sit at your tables & speak with clarity.
- Lighting: all latest LED from Chauvet Pro DJ. And all included & yes, ‘up-lighting’ too if you wish it. No charge.
- Music: mine? All legal, all direct from Artists’ labels, every week, every remix, every genre you might wish for. And beforehand: you ask for it: I source it. Even Free Bird, if you wish.
- But I do carry over 50,000 extra cuts from the 50’s-today, so not to worry: I can satisfy your guests from 9 to 90…years old, I mean.
- Experience; me? Clubs, old school dance clubs, mixing for real if you wish. Back when you ‘made your bones’, not just picked up some gear & said ‘I’m a DJ’. Then studio mixing, remixing, etc.
- And over 1000 weddings, so nothing much surprises me, but each one is different and I’ll handle MC duties & the mundane stuff as well as I do a dance floor.
- Arrive: 2.5-3 hours early. No kidding, I think its necessary. One never knows what ‘changes’, right? And that way, I’ve got time to change, brush my teeth & not look like a bum who just arrived to play your gig.
The rest, please visit my site for references (I’m new here on WW) & videos & what have you.
- OH, one last thing: NO DEPOSIT necessary to book. Nope, I issue a detailed eAgreement, we all eSign & you pay me at the event.
Can’t make it any easier: no one will make it any better.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
What is included in the starting price?
What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
What music genres do you specialize in?
What services do you offer?
14 ReviewsWrite a review