5000 North Lake Boulevard, Carnelian Bay, CA 96140 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Gar Woods Grill & Pier

Since 1988 Gar Woods Grill & Pier has been the premier North Lake Tahoe waterfront dining destination. Ideally situated on the shore of Lake Tahoe in beautiful Carnelian Bay, Gar Woods showcases the nostalgic ambiance of Tahoe's classic wooden boat era. Our waterfront location offers sweeping vistas of the lake and surrounding mountains, providing an unparalleled setting for a spectacular event on the lake. Gar Woods is an upscale casual restaurant with a 'fun in the sun' atmosphere. Our chef has created a menu highlighting California cuisine, hand cut steaks and fresh Pacific seafood. Lake Tahoe sunsets are our specialty.

Our beautiful view, outstanding food, and central location make Gar Woods one of the finest banquet facilities on Lake Tahoe. The easily accessible long pier offers great possibilities for those wanting to make a dramatic entrance or exit by boat. Upstairs, private dining rooms can accommodate groups of up to 160. With floor to ceiling windows, lake view balcony, and an "Old Tahoe" feeling with exposed beam ceilings and hickory chairs, our private dining rooms are hard to beat. For groups larger than 150, our coveted amenity, the deck may also be reserved along with the entire restaurant for your special event.

• Tannenbaum
Kids at the wedding
Kids at the wedding
focusphotoRestaurantatnightfromPier
Gar Woods Grill & Pier
gar woods private riva room
08a1721b1afdba84 Boating

12 Reviews for Gar Woods Grill & Pier

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2019

Have your wedding at Gar Woods!

Have your wedding at Gar Woods! They were absolutely amazing every step of the way and we could not have asked for a better venue.

We had the ceremony out on the “Gar Woods Green” lawn in front of the lake. The rocks were a beautiful, natural “altar area” against the lake backdrop. Gar Woods provided and set up white chairs for the ceremony that worked perfectly.

For the reception, our guests couldn’t stop talking about the view or the food! We loved that everyone was able to order off a select menu of our choosing. The floor to ceiling windows, wood chairs, and wood beam interior remind you that you are in Tahoe and create a classic old lake feel.

Every step of the way, Maia and Amy were accommodating and so easy to work with. We had so many questions, and they were prompt and kind in their answers- and more often than not anticipated the next questions to come and answered those too!

A final note that sealed our love for them- we have always wanted grilled cheese late night snacks. Gar Woods was able to arrange this, and surprised us the night of with two different varieties that included sourdough, rye, Gouda, and Stilton blueberry cheese that guests absolutely loved!!! Every single one was eaten.

Gar Woods went above and beyond in every way, and our wedding was perfect because of it.

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/28/2018

Our Dream Wedding at Gar Woods

From the moment I walked up the stairs and saw the gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe through the expansive windows of Gar Woods I knew I wanted to get married there. My husband and I had an excellent experience planning our ceremony and reception with Gar Woods. We worked primarily with Amy Grigsby as well as two other coordinators who provided consistent communication, answered all of my questions and gave me reassurance that our wedding vision would be executed without issue. The reception rooms upstairs comfortably sat our 150 guests. Gar Woods was able to accommodate 160, but past that number it would be too tight and potentially very hot in the summer. There is no AC, however, this did not pose an issue even in late July as there was a nice breeze coming off the lake. There is no bridal suite or room to get ready which can make for some tight scheduling with pictures and quick touch ups before the ceremony and the venue is not equipped with an elevator or ramp to go upstairs if handicap accessibility is an issue for your event. Other than those minor issues this was the most picturesque, old Tahoe feel for our wedding! Many of the guests continue to comment on how great the food and service was and the Wet Woodies were served all night. If you want to get married in Tahoe, Gar Woods is a must – you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Julia · Married on 06/30/2018

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Gar Woods on 6.30.18 and it turned out absolutely perfect! They have a beautiful little spot right on the lake for the ceremony. While standing up there with my new husband, we could hear the waves crashing on the lake and it was so romantic. The reception was upstairs in the restaurant. One whole wall is windows overlooking the lake and mountains. The view is stunning! There’s also a little cocktail balcony so we could enjoy the cool Tahoe air. Our guests continue to talk about what a beautiful wedding it was. The staff at Gar Woods are incredible! We (including our family and guests) did not have to lift a finger the entire day. They seriously waited on us hand and foot and made me feel like a princess. They set up all of my decorations exactly how I wanted and cleaned up after. It was so nice to not have to worry about anything! During the party that night, the staff even got in on the dancing! They were such a blast! I am so glad I chose Gar Woods for my wedding venue. The night could not have turned out any more wonderful!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Gar Woods Grill & Pier Pricing

Gar Woods Grill & Pier Price Rates

Gar Woods Grill & Pier FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 750.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 629.00
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Centerpieces
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Furniture
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    November
    December

• Epik Weddings and Events
    Epik Weddings and Events Wedding DJs

If you are planning a Tahoe wedding and want spectacular views of the late with a world class staff, this is the place to have your wedding. Even coming here as a patron for dinner, I always have a fantastic experience. They have a room upstairs that is separate from the rest of the restaurant to give you the privacy you need without taking away from the stunning view of the late in their huge windows. Being a wedding DJ in the industry for over 17 years, I am always excited when I find that this is the venue.

• Celtic Harp Music by Anne Roos
    Celtic Harp Music by Anne Roos Wedding Musicians

I love performing at Gar Woods! What a beautiful on-th-Lake wedding venue in gorgeous North Tahoe. Trust their expert staff for a perfect wedding day!

• Reverend Mark E. Frady
    Reverend Mark E. Frady Wedding Officiants

Gar Woods Grill and Pier is right on the beach at Carnelian Bay, (North) Lake Tahoe, and is a beautiful location for a wedding, followed by your reception on the second floor. Amy and her staff do an outstanding job of taking care of every need, with a snap of the finger and pleasant personalities. Amy herself...well, I can't say enough about her. I love knowing that I will be officiating at Gar Woods, mainly because of Amy. She always makes me feel like I am special...and she does the same with everyone!

• 5000 North Lake Boulevard Carnelian Bay, 96140 See on map