363 East 76th Street, New York, NY 10021 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 48

About Funico Studios

Husband-and-wife led team. Award-winning New York wedding photographers and videographers. Creative. Reliable. Trusted.

Our names are actually Alice & James Thompson, not Alice & James Funico (though we've gotten mail addressed to Mr. & Mrs. Funico!) We created the word "funico" because we wanted a name that people would remember and something that includes the word "fun" in it. Your wedding is a celebration and all parts of it should be FUN!

Our goal is to document the many emotions of your wedding day. We are unobtrusive observers who anticipate and capture the smiles from the heart, the spontaneous gestures of your love, and the rhythm of your celebration.

Contact us at 646 234 8927 or at team@funicostudios.com to chat about photography or video for your wedding!

Follow Funico Studios on

70 Reviews for Funico Studios

Funico Studios 1
Funico Studios 2

Javier Santos · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing photography and cinematography!

I don't even know where to begin so I'll just start by saying we're SO glad we went with Funico Studios for our wedding. From start to finish they were always available helping us with whatever questions or concerns we had. They took away the stress of planning the day of the wedding by preparing a timeline we would follow. Having that timeline down was such a relief! We didn't have to worry about where we'd be taking pictures or with whom. They already knew the best places to photograph but would always indulge us if we wanted specific pictures. The quality of the pictures and cinematography were also astounding! We posted our wedding video for friends and family to see and they could not stop talking about how amazing it came out. Thank you so much, Alice, James, Bryan, and Thomas! You all helped make our wedding day the greatest day of our lives!

Sent on 01/27/2019

bonnie · Married on 09/30/2018

funcio studio should be your photographer, period.

put your mind at ease. funico studios will make planning your wedding photos simple and fun. they were one of our best decisions - completely stressfree to work with. alice and james are professional, down to earth and excellent at capturing your day exactly the way you want it to be. the day of our wedding james made everything seamless from the ceremony to family photos. he is very easy going and comfortable to work with. our photos are more beautiful than we expected. james has a way of capturing you and your guests in a way so as the love and fun of the day comes through. we highly recommend working with funico studios

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Q

Qin and Emmanuel · Married on 09/15/2018

Quality and Flexibility

Love the quality of our wedding pictures, they captured the very rich colors of our multicultural wedding nicely. - Comment from the Bride

Really liked that they were flexible and worked with us throughout the process! - Comment from the Groom

Thank you Alice, James, Bryan and Khach! We enjoyed working with you guys for our Big Day!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Funico Studios FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress

• Ali Barone Events
    Ali Barone Events Wedding Planners

James and his wife Alice have a creative and sharp eye for capturing not only the "big picture" but all of the subtle moments that are sprinkled throughout a couple's special day. True professionals and generous of their time and talents....I highly, highly recommend them!

• My Cinderella's Dream
    My Cinderella's Dream Wedding Hair & Makeup

Alice and James are the owners of Funico Studios. They are a New York City boutique studio of award-winning photographers and videographers with a passion for capturing life's moments. They will capture the essence of your event with candid photojournalism, fine art portraits and a unique blend of what they call "fine art photojournalism." These elements form their style of "Funico Photos." At the same time, their videographers will provide a cinematic video for you to enjoy and re-live for years to come. Their goal is to anticipate and capture the smiles from the heart, the spontaneous gestures of love, and the rhythm of your celebration!!

• JZ Event Planning
    JZ Event Planning Wedding Planners

As a new bride things at the beginning can be overwhelming, after interviewing so many photographers I knew that James and his team were the ones for me. Right from the beginning he gave me a sheet that helped me decide what pictures i really wanted capture and made me feel at ease that the day of my wedding the moments most important to me would not be missed. Now as a wedding planner myself, I would feel comfortable and confident sending one of my clients to James (Funico Studios) because I know that they would be as professional as if it were their own wedding.

• 363 East 76th Street New York, 10021 See on map