Fireseed Gardens overlooks Maxwelton Valley and privately owned Miller Lake which is located on Whidbey Island just north of Seattle. On 10 acres you will discover pasture lands for strolling, woods for exploring, a large manicured garden area for ceremonies, and a 6200 sq foot indoor hall serviced by our fully licensed commercial kitchen. Fireseed's grounds are surrounded by annual and perennial flowers, evergreens, sculpltures and art by local artists and craftsmen. A hidden sound system can supply background music as your guests wander the grounds and gardens discovering the charm of Whidbey Islands peaceful beauty. Our hideaway truly removes you from the world right down to the off street parking for all of your guests. We have created a space that feels comfortable and intimate no matter what size event.
Our fully renovated 6200 square foot Barn includes heat, six bathrooms, a sound system, and an antique bar in a 2,000 square foot lounge. Couples also enjoy private Bridal and Broom suites with a separate entrance and parking. Most clients find the charm and elegance of the Barn with its own meditative gardens to need little additional decoration but we are open to different ideas. As your guests journey from the outdoor appetizers to the indoor dinner they are greeted by a new space that only heightens the whole experience. While most ceremonies take place in the picturesque setting of the gardens our indoor venue also offers a backup space for the ceremony that puts couples at ease. Events of any season can be held on our premises uneffected by the Pacific Northwest's unique weather patterns.
Venues you may like
See other venues that are popular with couples right now
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
32 User photos
Most amazing location and staff!
The best part of our wedding!
WOW! I think I left a little piece of my heart at Fireseed after our wedding. This place and the atmosphere that Dave, Dawn, and their team create are truly special. If you're considering visiting, make the trip. If you're considering booking your wedding, do it now. I could ramble at length about everything I loved, but I'll try to organize it as a Top 10 (and honestly, there are more), in no particular order:
1. People: The team at Fireseed is incredible. We primarily communicated with Dave until our wedding day, when Dawn took over as the most effective day-of coordinator I’ve ever seen in action. She was assisted by Anna, who was amazingly level-headed and efficient, and a great group of catering and bartending staff (Wendy took care of the head table and she was awesome!).
2. Preparation: Pouring rain? No worries, they have 150+ golf umbrellas, plus fancy umbrellas for the couple. No power for 14 hours before the wedding? They have two big generators. You didn't bring the right bucket for the sparklers? They have one.
3. Food: I am hoping I have friends get married at Fireseed just so I can go back as a guest to have their amazing food again. We got countless compliments on the food, and it wasn't just lip service--it's genuinely delicious.
4. PNW vibes: As two born-and-bred Washingtonians, we wanted our guests to experience everything we love about the PNW. I can't imagine a place that does this better than Fireseed.
5. Thoughtful touches: As one example, the Fireseed team laid out two of each appetizer and two of each drink for us in the bridal suite for a private moment after the ceremony, and it was such a thoughtful touch that created a special moment of stillness for my wife and me.
6. Responsiveness: In the weeks leading up to our wedding, we were sending nearly daily emails with questions, and Dave always responded quickly and cheerfully with the perfect amount of information to answer our question and calm our nerves.
7. Constant upgrades: Over the course of our long engagement and several postponements, we got to see several upgrades and additional features added to the Fireseed property, including a new patio and a corral for their adorable mini horses (which they bring out for photos)! If it wasn't clear already, they are not phoning it in--this place gets better by the year.
8. Grace during COVID: My wife and I had to postpone our wedding twice, and I know the Fireseed team was juggling many moving dates while forgoing a full year of revenue. Despite this, they graciously moved our date from 2020 to 2021 and then later in 2021 with no additional deposits needed, and they kept us updated on COVID protocols and requirements throughout the pandemic. I can only imagine their stress, and yet they never let that affect their interactions with couples, and instead they calmed our nerves about how things would work out.
9. Flawless execution: Everything went SO well. Like, shockingly well despite a power outage the night before, rain, and a pivot to an indoor ceremony. This was a testament to Fireseed. I never felt stressed once the wedding was underway because I knew we were in such capable hands.
10. Coordination: I loved having the rentals from CORT coordinated by Dave, as well as the catering in the same hands as the venue. It removed a layer of coordination from my task list, which was hugely helpful during wedding planning.
All in all, I cannot recommend Fireseed strongly enough. We are still glowing from the atmosphere they helped create on our wedding day.
Are you interested?
Professional Network & Endorsements1 Endorsement
Fireseed is awesome. With a very relaxed, open and friendly approach they provide excellent service at every point. The grounds and venue are beautiful, the food is super yummy. I've worked there a bunch and I've never heard any bride, groom or guest say anything but the highest praises. Don't hesitate - just book them!
Would you like to visit?