22 Reviews for Fireseed Catering and Event Gardens

Wireless Internet (1)
Stations (1)
Signature Drink (1)
22 Fireseed Catering and Event Gardens Reviews

The most beautiful location for a wedding you could ever ask for!

Dave and Dawn were amazing to work with, they were so patient and willing to accommodate us. We had our tea ceremony and wedding at Fireseed. The views were breathtaking, and the garden was just unbelievable!

FOOD: The food and desserts were all our guests would talk about! Everything was crafted with such care. We were lucky enough to be able to eat produce that they grew in their own garden as well.

SERVICE: David was so fast at communicating with us and our wedding planner. Because he was so quick to respond, I felt at ease knowing that nothing would slip through the cracks. The staff on the night of the wedding were great as well, super friendly!

Seriously, look no further!

Photo for Fireseed Catering and Event Gardens Review - Ceremony views
Photo for Fireseed Catering and Event Gardens Review - Reception
Profile Picture Lisa, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

If you have a dream, an idea, or half of an idea, then Fireseed Catering can make it come true. This venue is worth every single penny because the quality of service is absolutely outstanding. Our wedding guests are STILL raving about the beautiful venue, delicious food (that can literally fit any budget and palette), and professional staff. The couple who runs the business have successfully put on over 300 weddings, and their experience is evident. They handle every rental aspect, act as your personal wedding planner, cater each part of the event--including decadent desserts! Selecting this venue was the second best decision of the wedding (second after saying 'yes' to my now-husband :)

Profile Picture Corinne, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

We had such a great experience at Fireseed! They were extremely responsive and helpful, and the venue is beautiful. The food was also delicious, and they were really accommodating to all our preferences. We can't recommend the venue, catering, and Dave & Dawn enough!!!

Profile Picture David, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Parking, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Wireless Internet, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s)

I cannot be more pleasured and thankful for having Fireseed Catering. They made our wedding the most beautiful, elegantly simple, smooth, and delicious day. From the beginning, Dave was so calm, helpful, and efficient in helping us create our dream wedding. The menu, rentals, and structure to the wedding was all taken care of by Dave and his wife, Dawn. He and Dawn were so quick to respond to any email I had. Dave's food was absolutely amazing and Dawn's baking was just as spectacular. Dawn also took the reigns in coordinating the day before and of. She was so calm, caring, and clear about what needed to be done to have everything run smoothly! In addition to those two being amazing, their staff was also the best, I loved everyone that helped with the day! We are so grateful. It is/ was worth EVERY penny.

Profile Picture Caitlan , 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fireseed Catering was absolutely amazing. Nothing bad to say at all! They were incredibly helpful, accommodating, professional, and their property is stunning. The food was fabulous - we're still hearing about it from our guests! I would highly recommend Fireseed Catering!

Profile Picture Mairi, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Booking Fireseed as our wedding venue and caterer was the first (and by far the easiest!) wedding-related decision we made. We found Fireseed online about 15 months prior to our wedding month (September 2016), and could tell immediately that it was special. When we visited in person, everything felt right. The grounds were beautiful, Dave and Dawn were so friendly and knowledgeable, and we walked away without a doubt in our minds that Fireseed was where we wanted to spend our special day.

Fast forward to our wedding day, and everything was absolutely perfect, as we knew it would be! Several of our guests have told us that Fireseed was the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever visited. From the beautiful reception hall/lounge to the gorgeous garden and greenhouse area to the game area and playground (we had LOTS of kids at our wedding!) Fireseed truly offered an amazing experience to all of our guests.

And the food—spectacular! Quite a few of our guests were from the south, and they continue to rave about the amazing fried chicken and hush puppies they had at our cocktail hour and reception. Service was also outstanding: everyone's needs were met promptly and cheerfully.

Behind the scenes, Dave and Dawn were incredibly helpful in answering questions and offering suggestions throughout our wedding planning process, as well as helping to keep our schedule running smoothly on our wedding day. Dave and Dawn, thank you so much for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives!

In short, we recommend Fireseed wholeheartedly and feel that it was absolutely the best choice we could have made for our venue and catering. Since Fireseed is a very popular wedding venue, we recommend that other couples visit Fireseed as early as possible in the planning process: we thought we were way ahead of the game when we visited 14 months in advance, but at that point in time our wedding month was already almost booked up!

Profile Picture K, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Dessert, Family Style, Server(s), Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking

I simply cannot say enough good things about Fireseed Catering and Dawn and Dave. They are the gold standard of Pacific Northwest weddings and their professionalism and flawless execution made our wedding better than I could have ever imagined. Their venue is stunning (and affordable!), the food is to die for and the support we received was out of this world. Dawn and Dave made our wedding so special, I can't even imagine getting married somewhere else. Fantastic vendor, fantastic people.

Profile Picture lauren, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Bartender(s), Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

I fell in love with Fireseed Catering the moment I first saw it. My wife-to-be was out of the country, so it was a complete act of trust in letting me pick out our venue alone, but she couldn't have been more pleased when she saw it and met the lovely owners, Dave and Dawn. They made our evening perfect, were incredibly responsible to emails, thought of every last detail, did a LOT of day-of coordinating (walking us through the rehearsal), and everyone keeps raving about the food.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Should You Get Married Here?: Hell Yes.

VENUE: Many guests have told us that it was one of, if not the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. The venue at Fireseed is unparalleled. As a nature/PNW loving, adventurous couple we knew we had to have our wedding here and toured it during the winter of 2015. It was still beautiful even then. What a shock it was to see all the gardens and flowers in full bloom on the wedding day! It was so beautiful. It was like a dream. I couldn't believe it. There is so much to do at Fireseed. The grounds are expansive - they have wooded areas, outdoor games, gardens, a large field, and a boardwalk that sits on a pond. We loved giving guests the freedom to roam and explore, as we wanted them to make their day their own as well. I can't say enough how beautiful the venue is in the summer. The flowers were so spectacular. We decided not to have an arch because the backdrop was too beautiful to cover up. The reception hall is spacious and beautiful. It has a classic, rustic charm with tasteful materials and decor. Perfect.

SERVICE: Everyone got their food promptly during the reception, and during cocktail hour the drinks and food kept coming. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Again, Dawn and David are awesome. Dawn helped coordinate on the day of the wedding to kept things running smoothly. Huge weight off my shoulders.

FOOD: Some guests have said it was the most delicious food they have ever had at a wedding. Personally, this is definitely true for myself and my family. It was so good. Everything from the cocktail drinks, to the main course, to dessert. I honestly wish I had eaten more.

In CLOSING: Fireseed is an incredible venue with so much to offer and within very reasonable price. The service is impeccable and the inclusiveness of the venue/food/dessert/rentals/day of coordinating helps SO much with planning. I am so thankful and and feel so lucky we were able to get married here.

Profile Picture Jenn, 7/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up

What a beautiful setting for a wedding! When you want the feel and taste of the Pacific Northwest look no further!
Dave and Dawn are amazing and so accommodating and their venue is incredible.
Our wedding was June 4th and the day was perfect. The food was the best ever, farm to table and the best thing is you get the venue for the weekend- yes, Friday through Sunday.
Amazing photo opportunities galore with beautifully done bridal suite and groom's room.
You must get married here!!

Profile Picture Alexx, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about Dave, Dawn, their amazing team, and the grounds at Fireseed Catering. Throughout the planning process Dave helped us select a menu, pick out our rentals and plan out the day. The food was incredible (though I didn't get to eat enough) and I'm still hearing about it from guests. The cupcakes and cutting cheesecake were some of the best I've ever had too. Our wedding day was a little iffy weather-wise an hour or so before the ceremony Dawn and Dave approached me about moving the ceremony inside, but also gave me the option of having it outside and offered the use of their umbrellas (they had enough for all the guests). Their servers handed them out to guests in need and made sure the wedding party had enough for the ceremony. They are so accommodating and worth changing your date if you already have a dream weekend picked out - I'm sure glad I did!

Profile Picture Hilary, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol

This is an exceptional venue with an exceptional team to help you have the most perfect wedding day!! We could not be any happier with our choice to have our wedding at Fireseed!

The grounds are absolutely stunning, and I will never forget how I felt as I was about to walk down the aisle and looked around. My eyes teared up as I took in how beautiful and absolutely perfect it was! Both our out-of-town and Seattle guests were blown away by by the gorgeous, quintessential PNW setting.

Dawn and Dave are really amazing to work with. We met Dave when we first toured the property, and we loved how he came across as just a normal down-to-earth guy vs some of the other overly enthusiastic, salesy wedding event people we had encountered. He was our point person throughout the planning and was always responsive, straightforward, and helpful.

We used Dawn and Dave's "Resource" page on their website for selecting vendors, and are very happy with our choices. They were also helpful in helping us organize the weekend for our guests-- from securing a bar that would stay open for us in Langley Friday night to providing a catered brunch for Sunday.

Dawn helped organize us at the rehearsal and made the wedding day go extremely smoothly. I was particularly interested in starting the ceremony on time, and she made sure that happened. :-) She was also particularly awesome in helping deal with a small snafu from the florist and easing my stress along the way.

We are particularly passionate about good food, which was one of the additional selling points for going with Fireseed. They did not disappoint! Everything was fantastic, and our guests are still talking about it...especially the fried chicken!

Profile Picture Kim, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Parking

Fireseed is outstanding - book them, immediately, and don't think twice. We cannot say enough about their spectacular venue, the fabulous food, and simply how nice and easy they were to work with. We booked Fireseed site unseen based on recommendations, and fell in love with the owners (Dave & Dawn) and the venue a few weeks later when we toured the venue.

Venue: Fireseed's grounds are absolutely breathtaking. Gorgeous, well maintained gardens (through all seasons), and a clean, unique barn. It feels modern and vintage all in one, but most of all, unique. There are special touches everywhere you look from the specially crafted Whidbey ironwork to the spectacular barn doors to the outdoor bar and beyond. Importantly (for us), Dave and Dawn only do one wedding a weekend so they let you set up before and break anything down Sunday. Dave was beyond accommodating and you have the place to yourself for the weekend. It feels magical.

Food: Weeks post-wedding, our guests are still talking about how Fireseed's was the best wedding food they have ever had. Most compared it to a high end restaurant meal not a wedding meal. Everyone raved about the mussels, but everything was perfectly cooked, fresh, and using local ingredients. And by local, I mean a lot of it was grown in their gardens. Farm to table... how can you get any better?! And Dawn's cake/pies were fabulous!

Dave & Dawn are freaking awesome: I cannot emphasize this point enough. We planned our wedding remotely and at no point were we ever stressed about the wedding. We knew all things Fireseed were handled. Dave responded thoughtfully and thoroughly within hours to every question (and there were a lot). Dave coordinated everything, provided nice choices, and exceptional service, always keeping cost in mind. They are professional in all ways and have a calming aura about them that comes in handy for a wedding. Love them!!

I maxed out review length but could go on forever... OUTSTANDING! EXCEPTIONAL!

Profile Picture Gayle, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fireseed Catering was the perfect venue from start to finish!
Getting engaged in January, I started to plan early and went to visit Fireseed soon after. Even though there were no flowers in bloom during the winter months, I still knew immediately how beautiful the venue would be and how easy the process would develop, while working with owners Dave and Dawn. Between my mom and I, we were constantly emailing with questions and recommendations for vendors on Whidbey Island. Dave always responded promptly and made us feel at ease. He was knowledgeable, kind, and extremely helpful throughout the entire (and rather long) process! I was consistently impressed by his professionalism.
Leading up to and on the day of the event, my whole family and I felt extremely comfortable and confident in the success of the event! Working with both Dave and Dawn, everything ran seamlessly. The gardens and venue space were just incredible and guests were wowed from the moment they arrived! Not only did Fireseed offer incomparable beauty for both our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, but the food was AMAZING! We are still getting compliments on it! My Maid of Honor who has attended several weddings this year is still preaching that the food was the best food she has ever had at a wedding!
I can't say enough positive things about Fireseed! I feel truly privileged to have had my wedding there and to have been able to work with them. It was a magical and memorable experience for both my now husband and I and our guests! Thank you Fireseed -- we could not be happier!

Profile Picture Deborah , 8/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From start to finish our experience getting married at Fireseed Estate on Whidbey Island was wonderful.

Proprietors Dave and Dawn are as hands-on as you need, in our case we did not have a wedding planner and they provided tremendous guidance and insight throughout our year of planning. They ensured that all logistics were prepared for and executed seamlessly and flagged any details we may have overlooked. By managing food preparation and rentals they make the day manageable without being remotely cookie-cutter, a rare balance when it comes to wedding venues.

The property itself could not be more gorgeous. A true Northwest estate, it offers an on-site organic garden, striking flower beds, poplar trees and a lake in the background. A stunning backdrop for guests and photography!

Friends and family are still raving about the food, all seasonally selected and prepared in their on-site kitchen, there is no dry chicken or well done steak here. Their buttermilk fried chicken is the best my husband and I have ever tasted.

Prompt on email or phone and 100% dialed-in on site, it is clear Dave and Dawn are experts at what they do and I could not recommend them as a team and Fireseed as a venue more wholeheartedly. It was the perfect day, morning showers and all.

Profile Picture Chloe, 8/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Over two years ago my husband and I got married at Fireseed. We originally visited the venue when vacationing in Langley before we were even engaged. When we realized that there was only one night left in the next summer we booked it... And then kept the booking a secret until he'd actually popped the question! That's how beautiful Fireseed is.

Dave and Dawn are so kind and flexible, you can tell they love what they do. Our food was the BEST wedding food I've ever had. You could eat a plate and never know that it was produced for 160 instead of 2. I loved knowing that everything was made from scratch, and most was grown on site.

We still go back to Langley lots and have plans to order a pie from them (hopefully!!) for the next long weekend we spend on the island.

Book this venue!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Husband and I just got married there and I would not have changed a thing about our experience with Fireseed. The setting was gorgeous, Dave and Dawn were fabulous to work with, and the compliments could continue. Our guests loved the site too and couldn't say enough wonderful things about the place as well. Some even so far as to say it was the best wedding ever! :o)

This was the perfect spot for our wedding and if I ever needed it for any other event/party I wouldn't think twice about booking it!

Profile Picture User3641281, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was a beautiful and perfect day. Fireseed catering made it happen!

Profile Picture User3590040, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

My husband and I have a large family and as such, have attended quite a lot of weddings, been to many venues, and experienced all different kinds and levels of reception service, but the operation that Dave and Dawn run is by far the best we have seen. We just had our wedding last weekend and it was phenomenal. All of our guests agree with us - the number of compliments they gave would completely overwhelm this review. We lost count of how many times a family member or friend told us that they thought everything from the grounds, to the food, to the staff was simply impeccable, and that ours was the best wedding they have been to.

Even if it were just the beauty of the setting for our ceremony or just the fantastic meal they prepared for our guests, we would still be impressed with Fireseed Catering. The amount of effort Dave and Dawn put in to help us plan the entire event, coordinate rentals, and the offers to help us find a florist and photographer - their availability, patience, and flexibility - are all truly remarkable.

Profile Picture Ellen, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place provided our family with a beautiful backdrop to a perfect day. The grounds are remarkable and even though the ceremony was outside as planned, the indoor possibilities would have been just as beautiful. A great venue with excellent catering.
Thank you Fireseed!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Fireseed in late September, and we couldn't be happier with our decision! We chose Fireseed because it is incredibly beautiful and has a casual, intimate feel.

Leading up to the wedding, Dave was so easy to work with and he always responded quickly to my emails. He worked with us to make sure that we felt comfortable with all the event details and to make sure that everything was exactly as we wanted.

The weekend of the wedding was surprisingly stress free--and being able to set up on Friday and tear down on Sunday was a huge factor in that. We never felt rushed, and we had plenty of time to set everything up according to my vision. The space is so naturally beautiful that we could have had no decorations and been perfectly fine.

Dave and Dawn made sure that the day of the wedding flowed smoothly and naturally. Everything went off without a hitch, and we got nothing but rave reviews on the location! The venue set up allows for a gorgeous outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour at the rustic outdoor bar, dinner and dancing in the barn, and plenty of trails and benches for guests to sit and wander. The rustic grounds are filled with trees and colorful flowers which were the perfect backdrop for our wedding photos.

Oh, and the food was AMAZING! The dinner was delicious, and the pies and Whidbey ice cream were to die for.

Suggestion: Don't forget to test the mic. It kept cutting in and out during our ceremony.

We have nothing but great things to say about Fireseed. Recommend it without any hesitations!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fireseed was extremely easy to work with, thorough in their planning and event management, completely accommodating of every one of our requests (and I'm ridiculously picky!), and generally just wonderful.

For our first meeting, Dave set up a tasting for us and asked numerous questions about details I hadn't even thought of. He is quite experienced, but at the same time totally willing to do things in ways they've never done before. (We set up our wedding ceremony in a spot that no one had ever used before.)

In addition to the wonderful qualities of the owners and the staff that they hired to help serve food, the Fireseed grounds themselves are simply beautiful. The main garden area is wired with hidden speakers, so we plugged in our iPod and had music outside all afternoon. The food was absolutely perfect, and the day was wonderfully relaxed.

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/30/07, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning