Miami, FL 33134 Map · Phone number

Events by Gigi 6
Events by Gigi 7

J · Married on 06/29/2019

If I could give her 100 stars I would

I can not find words to describe how incredible Gigi was as my wedding planner. To start we only hired her for a “day of planner”, but from the very start she went above and beyond. I know I wasn’t her only client but she made me feel as though I was. She so attentive, thorough and helped with absolutely every aspect of the wedding every day from the first day we met. We couldn’t have done it without her. THANK YOU GIGI!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Maria Elena · Married on 05/25/2019

Every Bride Needs a Gigi!!!

WOW!!!!!!!! That's all I can say. Gigi was the #1 vendor that I hired HANDS DOWN. My wedding was PERFECT! Nothing nothing nothing was wrong, late, unorganized etc. and I noticed how even the smallest details that no one but I would notice were taken care of and looking beautiful. This was all thanks to Gigi. This might be a long review, but Gigi deserves it as there were sooo many things she did! If you are a super detailed bride like I am you'll love to read it all!

The Process:
    My mom basically only talks about how GIgi was so great and was the most NECESSARY vendor at the wedding, and she has already recommended her to another future bride! One of the big reasons I wanted a day of coordinator, is that my mom is the typical Hispanic mom that wants to do everything and be everywhere for her children. However, on my wedding day, I wanted her with me, and the family, enjoying the day and not worried about any logistics. Needless to say, my mom had an amazing time and didn't run around for anything!

When I first got her recommendation from Santy Martinez (my photographer - also amazing) I messaged her and she was super responsive. I'm a pretty typical type A personality, engineering background, so spreadsheets, tiny details, and organization is the only way I operate. I warned her when I first talked to her of how I could be pretty detail oriented, and before I hired her we talked for almost 2 HOURS on the phone. I had to make sure she was the one too you know! She was just as (or even more!) organized as I was, which made me feel at ease and she was also professional, friendly, and a great person all around, so it was natural that I hired her right away to make sure doesn't get snatched up! So don't wait! As a bride with a destination wedding in Miami (I'm from Miami, but have since moved away), you might imagine having a Day of Coordinator would be essential, but I never imagined how AMAZING and necessary it was, and BONUS - she was in budget! It was so worth it. I booked her a little under a year before my wedding and she allowed for me to both email or text her as needed and ask for recommendation. Again, as someone not currently in Miami, this was CRITICAL. All the vendors that I hired were all recommendations from GIgi. And I would do the same again. Comparing reviews online for a bride that has interacted with a vendor once, is not the same as a coordinator that sees these people every weekend. She knows who does the best work better than anyone. Everyone I hired was in sync, knew what they were doing, professional, and the wedding went like clockwork and I didn't have to think about anything that day- I didn't even have my cellphone or a watch! And everything turned out BEAUTIFUL.
    Additionally, because I got engaged so far ahead of the wedding, instead of planning everyday we would have "Wedding Planning Tuesday!" where we dedicated one day a week when we were so far out to plan things, and if it didn't get done (say order invites, or pick centerpieces) it had to wait until the next week. It made it so my husband and I weren't overwhelmed with wedding talk all the time. On these Tuesday I would always message Gigi with my progress, or asking for recommendations, or just general tips, and if I was on time for various items. She ALWAYS responded to my emails sent every week, FOR A YEAR!!!! It made the process so so so smooth and in the process she got to know my ways, preferences, and was up to date with all the decisions that I had made. Her recommendations were amazing, and our Florist was way in budget (Geranios Flowers!) thanks to Gigi letting us know about them! Otherwise I would have definitely been above budget for my flowers. Gigi also knew when my life was getting busy because I would miss a Tuesday email to her and she would catch up and ask how it was going because she knew if I missed emailing her there must be a ton going on - wedding related or otherwise! We also had a couple of walk throughs of the reception venue before the wedding during times I was able to fly down to Miami to talk about my vision and see the space together. We walked the space once early on in the process, and another time a couple of days before the wedding. Even though I was the one booking everything, Gigi even helped out with a couple of vendors such as the van for the wedding party! She went ABOVE AND BEYOND and I am so grateful for it.

Month Of:
    The month before the wedding Gigi takes over contacting and getting information, insurance etc from all of the vendors, sends them a schedule (after you talk to her about it) and makes everything happen like magic. I also had a couple of communication issues with my reception venue a week before the wedding and Gigi swooped in and took care without skipping a beat. She helped with the hotel block, the venues, the cake, the flowers, you name it, she did it. Definitely keeping a stressed bride at ease.

Day Before Wedding: (aka the SUPERBOWL)
    The day before the wedding, Gigi came to the ceremony venue for the rehearsal and was ready to go! She help organize us all and it was so great seeing a familiar face to help guide everyone. I was so excited for everyone to finally meet the amazing Gigi! We were running a little bit behind with the rehearsal, and I only found out later that she was in contact with my rehearsal dinner venue and letting them know we were running behind. I didn't even include her in those details and she still knew!!! All I had done was mention it to her, and on her own had contacted them so everyone knew and was ready!

Wedding Day: (aka We WON the SUPERBOWL!)
    The day of the wedding, she coordinated with all the vendors and was there to make sure everything was operating properly, and even had multiple assistants with her to help keep everything in order! I had my ceremony and reception in different locations so she had people at each place so a guest never felt lost. She also made sure the girls were getting ready and everything was on time, and made sure the boys knew where to be. She was the person who fixed my veil before I walked down the aisle, and the first one we saw to tell us where to go after we walked down the aisle and Gigi was there to scoop us right away! It was such a relief seeing her. :)

Getting to the venue she made sure we were whisked away to have a small bite to eat beforehand that was critical, and then she brought us into the venue for a big reveal! Gigi had put every little detail that I had brought together beautifully. More beautiful than I had imagined. I had dropped about 10 boxes of things with labels in the hotel room the day before the wedding and Gigi took care of everything else like finding which room, getting everything (and there was a ton - I did a bit of DIY). Again it was INCREDIBLE.
    I also gave Gigi the freedom to set the tables as she thought would look best. I had box favors and some center pieces, and she worked with the lighting to get the right color, the florist, the cake baker, the DJ, the cocktail hour musician, the linen and table vendors, the reception venue itself, everyone everyone everyone!

During the reception she would periodically check in on us to make sure that everything was going as we wanted and didn't need anything. You would never know that her and all of her assistants were there making sure all the guests were getting every where they needed to be - from the cocktail hour to reception, around the reception venue etc. They were like ninjas!

After the Wedding:
    After the wedding, I walked with guests over to a nearby bar and didn't even worry about my stuff, the venue etc. Everything was taken care of, cleaned up, put away, taking care of the top of the cake, with her distributing my tip envelopes for the vendors so I didn't even have to think about that at the end of the night. She coordinated and got the numbers of my maid of honor and they were able to handle everything without me knowing one thing.

Conclusion:
    Gigi knows her stuff. She knows the people, the business, the process, the vision, and is great to work with all around. I would not have had such a successful, beautiful, fun, and stress free wedding if it wasn't for her and her great work. I feel bad for brides that didn't have a Gigi. And not just any Gigi, but THIS GIGI.

Sent on 07/25/2019
    Events by Gigi 18
  • Liz

Liz Tirrell · Married on 04/27/2019

Mother of the Bride April 2019 wedding

Gigi from Events by Gigi was phenomenal! As the mother of the bride we hired Gigi as our day of coordinator. "Day of" doesn't even begin to explain all the hard work and dedication leading up to our daughter's wedding that Gigi and her team provided. Her professionalism and knowledge was extremely helpful especially as this was a first wedding in our family and it can be a very stressful time. Gigi gave us wonderful & thoughtful suggestions to match our style. It was like working with your best friend where you could be open and honest about ideas, thoughts and even our budget. There wasn't a detail that was overlooked. The week before the wedding when I should have been overwhelmed, I felt a calmness because we were so confident in all that Gigi did for us that we knew the wedding would be wonderful. We truly were able to enjoy the wedding without any worries as Gigi and her team were present taking care of all the behind the scene details. I would hire Gigi in a heartbeat! She is the BEST and most wonderful person. You will love her!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Events by Gigi FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 6,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 4

Real Weddings

• Mi Vintage Rentals
    Mi Vintage Rentals Wedding Rentals

GIGI is so great to work with! She is very responsive, has a can-do attitude, and most importantly she is so sweet. Our delivery was a breeze and everything ran on time because of her organization skills. Choose her as your wedding planner, I highly recommend her! She is amazing!

• Total Exposure Band
    Total Exposure Band Wedding Bands

Very Professional and Highly Recommended.

• Zeta Event Productions
    Zeta Event Productions Wedding DJs

We love working with Gigi, besides her great personality her and her team on top of their game, True professionals can wait to collaborate on other event with her!

• Miami, 33134 See on map