This vendor is popular with couples. Start a conversation

On WeddingWire since 2011

Based in Brooklyn, New York, award-winning painter Katherine Gressel travels worldwide to events, and captures the action in a live painting. Past events have ranged from intimate backyard affairs to elaborate celebrity weddings. Each painting serves as both entertainment for guests and a lasting memento of your special day.

Katherine strives to capture the energy and emotion of the happiest day of your life in a dynamic, impressionistic composition. She spotlights a special moment--a dance, vow exchange, speech, etc--between two or more key people while preserving the looseness and freshness of live action painting in the background and supporting characters. Katherine also views each painting as a collaboration, as she takes care to incorporate the colors, decor details, setting, and special guests that make your wedding unique. With nearly 15 years of experience, Katherine has been featured in the New York Times, Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, and the Knot, and on MTV's Jersey Shore.

Event Painting by Katherine offers a variety of services to ensure a couple's painting is the work of art they deserve. This includes a detailed consultation to allow couples to determine what key components they want in their painting, arriving onsite up to 5 hours early to paint the background and staying for the full party, and the option to either take the painting home at the end of the night or have additional faces and details added in the studio. Katherine also takes requests for revisions, making sure you are 100% satisfied with the final product.

• Woman-owned

Frequently asked questions

How would you categorize your product offerings?

Custom

What services do you provide?

Assembly
Design

Are you able to meet clients in person to showcase your product?

Is there a minimum order requirement?

illustration question

100% Recommended by couples

Deanna
Deanna A. Sent on 10/19/2021
5 out of 5 rating

Captured our wedding perfectly!

When we postponed our wedding due to COVID about a year ago, my mom and I came across Katherine’s Instagram page and decided to see if she was available for our new date. I am SO glad we did, as it is one of my favorite parts of our wedding last week! Katherine was so organized and sent us a survey to detail some pieces we would want in our painting, such as which family members, anything special, etc. We asked for our dog to be painted in, as she would not be at the wedding but we wanted her in the background. Katherine arrived in the afternoon and got set up painting while we were busy with our ceremony and other wedding details. When we entered the reception, I finally got a glimpse of the painting from the upper balcony and I teared up, she NAILED it! I think I had requested that she paint some fall foliage in the background window even though our first dance would be when it was dark out, and it was PERFECT! Katherine included each family member that we requested and it is remarkable how perfect they are. She captured my husband’s face PERFECTLY, as well as included our wedding cake with topper, and our pup with some perfect floral decoration. Katherine had our painting ready by the next morning, and when she delivered it to brunch all of our guests were totally wowed. I couldn’t even get it out the door because everyone was stopping to take pictures! I think we are going to use it as our thank you cards so that everyone can get a copy! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Katherine! If you are looking for a live event painter, look no further!
S
Samantha C. Sent on 12/28/2023

Flawless and Priceless!

Katherine was amazing from the day we first contacted her. She was so incredibly flexible and understanding. When we spoke on the phone the week of the wedding, she was able to understand the vision we were looking for. The day of the wedding, Katherine was so accommodating and made sure she got all the pictures and information she needed. The painting was a huge hit at the wedding. We cannot wait to see the finished product!!
K
Kelsey B. Sent on 12/26/2023

An amazing touch

Katherine did an amazing job painting our wedding. She was kind and responsive. The guests loved her painting and experience !
illustration stars

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Sarma & Co. Photography Sarma & Co. Photography Wedding Photographers

I had the pleasure of working with Katherine on a gorgeous winter wedding in the Hudson Valley. Her painting is nothing short of amazing! I could not believe how quickly she could paint a scene from the wedding with such extraordinary detail and care. If you are looking to preserve your wedding memories in addition to your wedding photography in a very unique manner, having a live event painter at your wedding is an investment you will not regret. Your painting will be cherished for generations.

Pas de Deux Project Pas de Deux Project Wedding Musicians

Katherine transforms events. She shows up on your special day and paints the event in person, live, creating an unforgettable experience through her engaging and intriguing on-site painting. Discreet yet available for guests to watch and admire, Katherine's expertise is in creating memories that not only last a lifetime but generations. If you're on the fence about who to hire to make your important event extra memorable, don't think twice: Katherine is gracious, professional, and a true delight to spend time with. I enthusiastically recommended her.

Other vendors in Greater New York City Metro for your wedding