Event Painting by Katherine Reviews

Event Painting by Katherine 6
Event Painting by Katherine 7

Lauren Zambas · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly reccomend!

My mom saw Katherine painting at a family friend's wedding and asked for her card. Years later, my mom reached out to Katherine to paint at my husband and my wedding as a gift! The painting is beautiful and is such a unique and wonderful memento from out wedding night. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Ashley Kenny · Married on 03/03/2019

A unique and special experience

My husband and I had Katherine paint our first dance at our wedding and it was the best decision we made! The painting is not only beautiful, all of our guests were raving about what an amazing experience they had watching the painting come together. The painting is so special and is something I recommend 100%.

Sent on 03/15/2019
    Event Painting by Katherine 8
  • Alexandra

Alexandra R Cassel · Married on 03/02/2019

Most memorable aspect of our wedding night!

Cannot speak more highly of Katherine and the final masterpiece she produced of our wedding night. It truly captures the love and energy we felt in the room, and Katherine was extremely patient with our (very detail-oriented) requests before and after the event. For example, the venue could only set Katherine's table up in a specific area of the room, which limited the angle with which she could capture the space, so we requested that she leave out big structural elements of the room to fudge it a little and make our painting more symmetrical. She was completely obliging and it turned out great. Also, we unfortunately lost my grandfather days after the wedding, so requested details to make sure he was represented accurately in the painting, and Katherine was extremely generous in the countless emails/back and forths and revisions. It turned out PERFECT and we happily have it hung in our NYC apartment. Our guests were blown away by this spectacle at the wedding (way more unique than a photobooth!) and we actually turned them into our Thank-You cards as well! Love it!!!

Sent on 04/18/2019
    Event Painting by Katherine 9
    Event Painting by Katherine 10

Event Painting by Katherine's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! I love seeing the image you created for the thank-you card too—it really came out great. So glad I was able to create the painting that matched your vision in the end!!

Alicia · Married on 11/17/2018

Unique and Beautiful!

We found Katherine through my mom, who saw her painting at another wedding. When my mom came to us with the idea to have Katherine paint our first dance, we jumped at the chance. Katherine is incredibly talented and we were so impressed with the speed in which she was able to complete so much of our painting! Our reception started at 7:00 and because there was another wedding before ours, Katherine could not set up to start painting until 5:00. When we got to the venue at around 5:30, Katherine was just starting to tape off her canvas. By the time we checked back in on the painting, she had the entire background painted and was starting to add people. We were amazed at how quickly she got so much done without compromising the quality of the painting. Our guests LOVED watching Katherine paint all night and multiple guests came up to us to say how unique and different it was to have a painter at our wedding; several even took Katherine’s information for use at future events. Katherine must have stayed past the ending time of our reception because she was able to complete majority of the painting that night - it’s clear she loves what she does. Because we got engaged in Disney World and are avid Disney lovers, we asked Katherine to include some “hidden Mickeys” and we loved that we were able to add this personal touch. Katherine added a unique and special element to our wedding and we are so happy to have found her. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Christine Brower · Married on 11/13/2018

Social Event - Spectacular Painting for a Surprise 65th Birthday

We hired Katherine to capture the moment at my boss's Surprise 65th Birthday and she created an incredible painting! I wish I could describe the sheer joy in my boss's face when she saw the finished painting (which Katherine kindly included family members who couldn't be present that day, as well my boss's kitty cats!) This is an incredibly special gift for someone. Katherine was so professional and listened to all our needs and what we hoped for, and she created an incredible masterpiece that my boss will cherish forever! It is already hanging up in her office! Thank you Katherine for sharing your incredible talent with us!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Lori Krivak · Married on 10/29/2018

Katherine Gressel Event Painter

I came across Katherine two years ago when starting to plan my daughters wedding. I did not know how perfect that decision would be.
    First of all Katherine was very prompt in returning emails and texts. We spoke right up to the event deciding on all the details. She was also very sweet and easy going which helped me the MOB get through some stressful times. This painting was a surprise for my daughter so no one knew all these behind the scene plans and Katherine helped me every step of the way with her calm confident nature.
    Thank You Katherine-I would give you 10 stars if available.
    Lori Krivak MOB and the entire Krivak family

Sent on 10/29/2018

Stacy Chludzinski · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Gift Idea Ever!

I booked Katherine as a surprise wedding gift for my sister and new brother-in-law! I booked her about 1.5 years in advance. Katherine was the easiest person in the entire world to work with! The painting was exactly what I had hoped for and included every detail I requested! Katherine was so extremely sweet and kind! She had the painting complete the very next day after the reception for presentation. I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking to book such a unique, special gift!

Event Painting by Katherine 11
    Event Painting by Katherine 12
    Event Painting by Katherine 13

Stephanie · Married on 10/19/2018

Must have !

I found Katherine online many years ago way before I was engaged. I knew having her paint at my wedding would be a must! She was absolutely amazing ! We discussed some focus points prior to our wedding day. The painting is so spot on it’s amazing how talented she is. All our guests have raved at how unique it was as well as her talent. You will not regret hiring Katherine!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Lee Cohen · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfection!!!!!

Katherine truly added an aspect to our wedding which was the talk of the night. She did an incredible job capturing every detail of our evening. From the colors, to the faces of our special guests, Katherine surely exceeded expectations. The wedding painting proudly hangs in our home, and not only is a fantastic conversation piece, but brings back such wonderful memories of the special day. I highly recommend Katherine to capture a special occasion!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Event Painting by Katherine 14
    Event Painting by Katherine 15
    Event Painting by Katherine 16
    Event Painting by Katherine 17
    Event Painting by Katherine 18

Event Painting by Katherine's reply:

Thank you so much! And I love how you included the photos of the painting in your review. Glad the painting is settling into its new home. :)
  • ashley

ashley · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing work!

I saw Katherine painting at a wedding back in 2015 and I knew one day when I got married I had to have her at my wedding. As soon as I booked my venue, I booked Katherine. Her work is absolutely amazing and she truly helps add a unique touch to your wedding. Guests were coming up to me saying WOW that painting is amazing! She does a phenomenal job making you a forever keepsake to remember the best day of your life. She is so truly talented at what she does. She pays attention to detail and is very open to your ideas. She will truly capture your vision!!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Lorraine · Married on 09/08/2018

Katherine Event Painter

My daughter was married 9/8/18 at the beautiful Bonnet Island Estate in NJ. Katherine painted the first dance and incorporated an inset of my husband walking her into the chapel out back. Her details were phenomenal and the finished product was breath taking. She also offered to make any adjustments as we may need. She provided such elegant entertainment at our event, which people are still commenting on. So much so that we requested a high resolution copy so my daughter could make her Thank You cards. Now the guests will have another beautiful memory from that evening. We are presently contracting my son's wedding.
    Thank You Katherine-I would give you 10 stars if available.
    Lori Krivak MOB and the entire Krivak family

Sent on 10/29/2018

Alli · Married on 08/18/2018

Having Katherine paint our wedding was the first thing that I booked.

Her work is so wonderful and the painting came out so well.

Katherine was incredibly easy to work with, is responsive over email and did a great job capturing our event!

I actually would recommend have her at your event instead of a photobooth or another side event.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Event Painting by Katherine's reply:

Thanks so much for this nice review! I loved painting your beautiful wedding with all the fun details!

Gabriella Trantino · Married on 07/21/2018

You and your guests will be amazed!

Katherine was the first vendor we booked for our wedding after seeing her outstanding work at a friend’s wedding. She is beyond talented and our guests were in awe watching her paint. We still have people 3 months later talking about how amazing she was!!! After receiving the final painting we couldn’t be happier about how it turned out. Every detail is beautiful and I would highly highly reccomend Katherine to anyone who wants something unique at their wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

AMAZING! I am so grateful to Katherine for being a part of our wedding - I saw her live painting at a wedding years ago, and thought it was fantastic - it was so interesting to see the painting progress throughout the evening and knew when I was married one day, I'd be hiring her! My now husband was a bit confused by the concept when I told him, but the day of the wedding he agreed it was 100% worth it, and an amazing keepsake. Our guests raved about how fun it was to have her there, and how unique it was - it's something our guests can't stop talking about! Katherine is so accommodating, quick to respond, and down to earth! She really listened to what I was envisioning, and the outcome was beautiful - we're so excited to pick up the final result, and display it in our home forever. She also posted progress pictures on social media, which was so fun to look at while we were away on our honeymoon. Thank you so much Katherine, you're amazing!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Kathleen · Married on 04/21/2018

10/10 - Could not recommend more!

If you want something your guests will be talking about for months after your wedding, hiring Katherine for a live painting is the right option! Having her at our event was a huge hit - even better then a photo booth or any other boring option you'd typically see at a wedding! We are in love with the painting Katherine made for us and hung it within days of receiving it. She is the most talented artist in this space. Katherine was very diligent and asked all the right questions in calls prior to our wedding to ensure we received the painting we wanted- she was able to paint the exact moment we wanted to remember on our wedding day and highlighted all our family members as well in the background. The fact she is able to do this during the reception is unbelievable and a memory we will have forever.

Deana · Married on 03/30/2018

Amazzzzzing!

When we got engaged, I knew I wanted to have a live event artist come to our wedding and create a painting of our first dance! I found Katherine online, and loved her portfolio! The painting is amazing and we love it - our guests loved it too! The best part is I was able to give her a pic of my dad (he passed) and she was able to paint him into the picture holding my infant son. We loved Katherine's work!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Susan Iatarola · Married on 03/09/2018

Beautiful Live Wedding Painting

Katherine capture my wedding in the most beautiful painting. In all the crazy that goes into planning a wedding, communicating with Katherine was easy. She asked all the right questions to make sure she included all of the important details. My guests were so in awe of her work. I highly recommended Katherine to capture your special day too.

Danika · Married on 02/24/2018

One Year In - Here's How We Really Feel

It's almost one year to the day of our wedding and I felt it only right to write this review now and tell you how we really feel after all the wedding bliss has subsided. So here it goes.. I literally stop to look at our wedding painting Every. Single. Day. and get to relive the best day of our lives on a daily basis! Katherine is so talented and our painting is a spitting image of us, our venue, our family, and our friends! The painting is not only an amazing keepsake, it was a fun, interactive addition to the evening. Our guests raved about how cool it was to see our painting progress throughout the night. Katherine is a true artist and she has created something that will travel with us throughout our lifetime and beyond. I would recommend Katherine to EVERYONE, she is simply the BEST!

Sent on 02/06/2019
    Event Painting by Katherine 19
    Event Painting by Katherine 20
    Event Painting by Katherine 21
    Event Painting by Katherine 22

Event Painting by Katherine's reply:

Aw thank you! What a lovely surprise to see this review. Your wedding also stands out in my mind as one of the most memorable. Happy upcoming anniversary!
  • Melissa

Melissa Deodato -Vera · Married on 02/02/2018

She is absolutely the best , very happy with her

Katherine is best painter I ever meet her love , dedication and passion for her work is unbelievable, we are so in love with our wedding painting can’t thank her enough
    We highly recommend her to any event
    Katherenone is absolutely the best

Event Painting by Katherine 23
    Event Painting by Katherine 24

Kourtney · Married on 12/08/2017

Katherine was so professional and hard working. I would repcommend her to anyone that wants the perfect keepsake from their wedding.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/27/2017

From start to finish, Katherine was amazing! She knew what I wanted, she was sweet & friendly, and making plans was easy peasy! I would recommend her to any upcoming bride! It’s a great extra at a wedding for guests to watch b/c her process is unbelievable & the outcome is AMAZING!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Event Painting by Katherine 25

Kathryn · Married on 09/30/2017

When I received a painting as a first gift from my husband (when we were dating) I knew I wanted a painting of our wedding. We did our research and discovered Event Painting by Katherine, and we instantly fell in love with her work! We reached out to her and we were so happy to hear that she was available! She made the planning process easy, and she had a questionnaire to help her figure out what we wanted captured. We flew her up to Maine, she arrived at the venue around noon, and immediately began painting! She continued until after the event was over, and guests could watch her paint during the wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests. The next morning, she had it for us at the hotel desk, and we were incredibly blown away! The painting is absolutely beautiful and it looks exactly like us. She captured our first dance, the people, and the room perfectly. We get to keep this forever and we are so grateful she did this for us. We will always recommend Katherine Gressel to anyone who wants this service!

Katie & Kevin
    09/30/2017

Sent on 10/17/2017

Taylor · Married on 09/23/2017

She is truly one of the best. Katherine work exceeded all my expectations! One of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding!

Sent on 12/29/2017

K · Married on 09/08/2017

Katherine Gressel is absolutely amazing!!! She is an incredible talent and our favorite vendor we worked with as part of our wedding team! Prior to our wedding day, Katherine was responsive throughout the interview/planning process, and an absolute pleasure to communicate with. Day-of, her attention to detail to capture the emotion of our wedding day as well as the characteristics of the venue was incredible, and the final product was absolutely magnificent. All of our guests (And us!) were in complete amazement watching her work. Katherine had our paintings finished to display at our brunch the next day which was an incredible surprise. She also sent us digital photos along the way putting the finishing touches the painting in her studio which was so nice and really appreciated. I will forever cherish Katherine's beautiful work - thank you so much Katherine!

Sent on 12/31/2017