Event Painting by Katherine Reviews

183 | Brooklyn, NY

183 Reviews for Event Painting by Katherine

Alexa B. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Katherine Gressel Event Painting

Katherine is an amazing artist!! We had her paint our first dance and are completely floored by how beautiful it came out. It was an incredible representation of our special moment and are so happy we have this painting forever. Our guests were amazed when they saw Katherine painting throughout the evening and we received so many compliments! If you are thinking about having an event painter, Katherine is THE best option!

• Beverly

Beverly L. · Married on 11/14/2020

An incredibly detailed and unique way to capture our magic moment!

When my husband and I started wedding planning, hiring a Live Painter was something we knew we wanted, as it’s such a unique and special experience to include in a wedding. After doing our research, we found Katherine. We absolutely loved her esthetic and attention to detail and knew she was the painter we wanted to capture our day.

On top of Katherine’s paintings being incredible, she is so caring and sweet. Part of Katherine’s planning process in the weeks leading up to the wedding, includes an extensive questionnaire about what you want in your painting. I loved that she did this, as it gave her an opportunity to know what we wanted. Not only did she include everything that we asked for, she went above and beyond to really portray our day. She was so detailed, she even painted our soup and salad appetizer at each place setting on the table. We were beyond impressed.

Additionally, our guests loved seeing her work throughout the night. Having her added an extra level of entertainment for our guests that they were truly impressed with. She made great progress by the end of the night. We are so in love with our painting and can’t wait to hang it in our home.

Sent on 12/07/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle F. · Married on 09/09/2020

The Best Out There

Katherine was one of the first people I booked for my wedding. I knew I wanted an event painter, and stalked all of the NY artists, and chose Katherine because her work is beyond amazing. Our painting came out ridiculous and we had a long list of family members and details we wanted included in our painting and she managed to fit everything we asked for. Everyone was talking about it and it truly is something special that we will have forever!! I am OBSESSED with it!!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Katie · Married on 09/04/2020

Amazing Work!

Katherine was amazing to work with and she made our day so special. She is so talented and her work is incredible! I am so happy she recreated our entire wedding in a picture that we can look back on for the rest of our lives!

• Rjay

Rjay K. · Married on 08/21/2020

Event painting

To start off Katherine was responsive with emails, and kept an open line of communication the whole time. She is also very prompt with time. She began setting up in her own little area and brought everything she needed for the work to be done. She was very friendly, professional, and followed safety protocols due to Covid-19. Although my wedding was outside in August when masks were not mandatory outside, she wore one anyway and made sure she did her part on keeping everyone as safe as possible at our wedding. Our painting came out the exact way we wanted it. ITS PERFECT! She couldn’t have done a better job. She even incorporated our parrot into the painting. We went with an overall large painting and can’t wait to hang it up!

• Sara

Sara Z. · Married on 05/16/2020

Incredible!!

Katherine was amazing through the whole process and very flexible with our last minute changes! A true highlight of the wedding that guests still talk about and the work speaks for itself, just stunning!! Would recommend 100x!!

• Sarah

Sarah G. · Married on 04/06/2020

Amazing, Special Gift

When my sister was planning her wedding, I was looking for a special, unique wedding gift for her and her soon-to-be husband. We came across Katherine's beautiful, special paintings, and I am so happy we did. Katherine is easy to work with and assures you will be happy with the finished work. She is so attentive to detail. Many of their guests are still talking about how amazing it was to watch her in action at the wedding and of course the finished product. We love the painting, and I am so happy my sister and brother-in-law will always have this meaningful keepsake. Thank you, Katherine!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Rosamaria

Rosamaria · Married on 03/14/2020

Outstanding experience

Easy to work with! Very flexible and beautiful painting we got of our special wedding day!

• Katherine

Katherine L. · Married on 03/08/2020

A show stopper at our wedding

Hiring a live painter for our wedding was a good idea, but bringing Katherine on board to do it was one of the best ideas we made at our wedding. Professional, kind, and tremendously talented, Katherine composed a painting of our first dance, with everyone around whom we most love. I think more photos were taken of Katherine & the painting than myself, the bride! And that's a good thing - because she is so lovely, engaging, and transformed the evening from great to spectacular by lending her talents. Although many aspects of the actual event will fade, we always have our wonderful painting, framed as the first thing guests see when they enter our home. We're so lucky Katherine gifted us with her talents - you'll want to as well.

A · Married on 02/29/2020

Can’t recommend Katherine enough!!

I hired Katherine for our wedding back in February 2020. Not only is she incredibly talented and I got to take home a keepsake I will cherish forever, but it really added an extra layer to our wedding our guests weren’t expecting. They got to see the work in progress all night and the thank you cards I sent out were of the painting so that they could see the final picture! I would hire her 10x over and I’m so happy she was able to capture our wedding.

Charlotte · Married on 01/19/2020

Beautiful & Unique

Honestly, Katherine’s work speaks for itself. Her art is so beautiful. It was so unique having a live painter at the wedding, and my guests loved it. It was so easy working with her. She’s extremely responsive and double checks the details you want in your painting. While I haven’t received my final painting yet, what she had finished after the wedding was more amazing than I could have imagined. Can’t wait to see the final work!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Cory G. · Married on 01/08/2020

Engagement Painting in the Park

I originally reached out to Katherine to paint the scene of my surprise proposal to my fiance. My intention was to propose in April of 2020, but that was obviously impacted by COVID. Katherine was so flexible with the contract and made sure that she kept me updated on her availability once things started to open back up. On the day of the proposal, Katherine traveled all the way to Jersey City, accompanied by her lovely family, 4 hours early to make sure she had just the right angle. The painting came out better than I could have ever imagined and she even used some pictures of our dog that unfortunately passed away prior to the engagement to paint him into the scene. Katherine, and her family, were a huge part of a day that we will relive over and over again. We can't wait to have her at our wedding!!!

Sent on 01/05/2021
  • Nicolette

Nicolette N. · Married on 12/01/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Words cannot express how in love we are with our painting. This was a once in a lifetime experience and we are so happy we are able to forever cherish our moment together! Thank you Katherine for bringing our moment to life!!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/19/2019

Truly amazing

Katherine was hired as a wedding gift and it is easily my favorite wedding momento. She captured our wedding perfectly! Not just the faces, but the energy and the love that was there. She is so talented and the painting is so unique. So many people at the wedding were fascinated and loved checking in on the progress all night. Thank you for preserving our day!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Lauren D. · Married on 09/20/2019

Best wedding gift ever!

Katherine was such a pleasure to work with. The painting came out better than i ever could have expected. The best wedding gift we received by far!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Event Painting by Katherine's reply:

Thank you for the nice review! So glad I could provide this as a special wedding gift! I loved capturing this amazing day!

Amanda R. · Married on 09/14/2019

Simply Amazing

Wow, just wow. This was hands down the best money I spent on my wedding. As soon as I heard about Event Painting, I knew I needed it on my big day. But then I came across Katherine, and I was just floored by her style, talent and attention to detail. Katherine reached out in advance of our big day to ensure she captured our perfect money - she even included our fur babies in the painting!! Having her paint throughout the reception was the HIT of the night - people kept approaching me saying how surprised they were about how the painting looked just like us!! If you book nothing else, BOOK HER NOW!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing Artist- Highly Recommend

Katherine was a pleasure to work with and made coordinating with our other vendors a breeze. She wowed our guests all night with her incredible work and the finished product is stunning and a beautiful keepsake for years to come!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Mary

Mary F. · Married on 08/06/2019

Captured the day in a single moment perfectly!

Katherine was such a pleasure to work with. We met her first at a friend's wedding the year prior, but coincidentally, I came to find out that know her through a mutual friend. Katherine was such a delight to work with. It was super easy to communicate about sizes and styles and options for the painting. We were indecisive about whether we wanted two smaller or one bigger one, but opted for the larger and are so happy for that. It's really special and captures the energy and colors and emotions so perfectly. We got married at Coney Island and originally wanted a picture made on the boardwalk, but after considering the sun and the crowds during June, decided to go with the gazebo at the ceremony venue. It is truly unique and still captures the essence of Coney with the hint of the rides in the background. She even included a sign with one of our favorite things and something that brought us together- "Pizza!" It's truly a keepsake we will treasure for years to come. We recommend working with Katherine 100%.

Michelle · Married on 07/26/2019

Cherished painting

It was a pleasure working with Katherine. She was responsive and helpful during the booking process as well as when finalizing the details ahead of our wedding. Katherine is incredibly talented, and the detail on the paining is amazing. Our wedding guests loved watching her progress throughout the night. We love our painting and it brings a smile to our faces every day. Booking a live painting with Katherine was the best wedding decision we made!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Lauren Z. · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly reccomend!

My mom saw Katherine painting at a family friend's wedding and asked for her card. Years later, my mom reached out to Katherine to paint at my husband and my wedding as a gift! The painting is beautiful and is such a unique and wonderful memento from out wedding night. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Lisa · Married on 05/04/2019

Highly recommend!

Our painting was a gift to us from my brother & sister in law, they also used Katherine in 2014. It is by far our favorite gift of all. The painting came out spectacular and Katherine was so easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Melissa A. · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing vendor

By far Katherine was the best vendor at my wedding. The painting exceeded my expectations. I have it hanging in my living room. Looking at it is a constant reminder of the most magical day. I’m so happy I chose to do it.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Ashley K. · Married on 03/03/2019

A unique and special experience

My husband and I had Katherine paint our first dance at our wedding and it was the best decision we made! The painting is not only beautiful, all of our guests were raving about what an amazing experience they had watching the painting come together. The painting is so special and is something I recommend 100%.

Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra C. · Married on 03/02/2019

Most memorable aspect of our wedding night!

Cannot speak more highly of Katherine and the final masterpiece she produced of our wedding night. It truly captures the love and energy we felt in the room, and Katherine was extremely patient with our (very detail-oriented) requests before and after the event. For example, the venue could only set Katherine's table up in a specific area of the room, which limited the angle with which she could capture the space, so we requested that she leave out big structural elements of the room to fudge it a little and make our painting more symmetrical. She was completely obliging and it turned out great. Also, we unfortunately lost my grandfather days after the wedding, so requested details to make sure he was represented accurately in the painting, and Katherine was extremely generous in the countless emails/back and forths and revisions. It turned out PERFECT and we happily have it hung in our NYC apartment. Our guests were blown away by this spectacle at the wedding (way more unique than a photobooth!) and we actually turned them into our Thank-You cards as well! Love it!!!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Event Painting by Katherine's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! I love seeing the image you created for the thank-you card too—it really came out great. So glad I was able to create the painting that matched your vision in the end!!