Ester Knowlen Photography

Minneapolis, MN View map Visit website
$4,300 Most Popular Price

$4,300 Most Popular Price

My name is Ester. I’m a Polish-born, Sarasota Florida and Minneapolis Minnesota based journalistic photographer, and since 2014 I’ve had the coolest job on Earth — I get to watch people make out for a living! ;)

My passion is to create authentic and intimate images that capture you in your element. I’m a big fan of motion and movement (big or small, whichever feels right in the moment), and I’m ALL about play rather than stiff and awkward posing. I get inspired by your interpretation of my direction, the unique ways you hold each other, and our surroundings. It's a happy trio of circumstance, my style, and your original personalities, with a safe space to be totally yourselves so intimate connection can take over the moment. I love a quirky sense of humor, playfulness, and I find beauty in the imperfect perfect moments of everyday life. Forever obsessed over finding that best angle to most authentically and artfully capture you being truly you.

My photography is raw, organic, intentionally focused on the intimate connection you share, so it feels like 'home' to you. Ten, twenty years from now, I want the photos I created to be part of the glue that's holding you together. Always guiding you back to each other. I create with passion, and purpose, and I give a piece of myself to everyone I create for. If the work I share and the person I am vibe with you right off the bat, welcome to “My Tribe” - AKA the people that will fall in love with me behind the camera, and fall in love with each other all over again in front of it. - Let's connect! — xo, Ester

“ELEGANCE IS THE BALANCE BETWEEN PROPORTION, EMOTION, AND SURPRISE" - VALENTINO GARAVANI

PS. To inquire and learn more about me please visit my website.

The best way to get in touch with me is via the CONTACT FORM - www.esterknowlen.com

************

HOME BASE - aka the SHOOTING SCHEDULE: NOV-APR: FLORIDA ***** MAY-OCT: MINNESOTA

MY FORTE

- Couples + Love stories (Intimate Weddings & Elopements, Couples Sessions)

- B&W Artful Boudoir (Unlike any traditional boudoir style. This is ‘art’ featuring your female form. Meant for the walls not dusty drawers)

MY FLAVOR - intimate, raw, organic, moody, journalistic style

************

PS. Just a heads up - the vertical images show kinda funky when viewing them in Wedding Wire. Make sure to click on the image so you can see the full thing, and scroll through them!!

www.esterknowlen.com

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,100

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,300

Add'l Hours
One Event / Day
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Film
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Multi. Locations
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Slideshow
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

Deals

Ester Knowlen Photography 1
Offer

We recently did our 19 year vow renewal (1 year ago now!) on 3/2/21 in Joshua Tree California, and I am obsessed! I'm obsessed with that location, the vibes, the airbnb (the Harriet House) we were able to book for our detail & getting ready photos (including the writing of our vows, and a slow morning of hanging out with coffee!!). I am obsessed with the intimate moments we shared, frick, I'm obsessed with the bouquet Pinyon Pines made for us as the amazing boho half up by Hair by Theresa! (whom I flew down with us just to do my hair!) This by far was the most meaninful day in our lives. Way more meaningful than our wedding day now almost 20 years ago (oops, I just aged myself ;))

I'd love to recreate this experience for the right kind of couple (absolutely make it your own, but something to this effect) -- someone that loves boho vibes and wants a boho adventure elopement, love the desert & Joshua Tree, wants to get married just the two of them - an adventure, uber romantic, amazingly sweet kind of day!

I am offering a Joshua Tree Elopement package at $2975 + travel & accommodations (for 2 days), and up to 9 hours of photography coverage, depending on our day. (I'm always happy to make the travel more affordable, there are ways we can accommplish this)

If you are THIS couple, and have been dreaming of an intimate day like this, reach out to me via my website www.esterknowlen.com!!!!

HAS TO BOOK BY 6/1/22 - elopement can take place 2022 or 2023.

xo!

Ester

PS. This amazing photo of us by my bestie April from Ivory North Co!!!! (photo edited by me) --- tail end of the day photo, at the Keys View Overlook at Joshua Tree.

Team

Owner, Photographer

Hi this is me! Ester

I’m a Polish-born, Sarasota Florida and Minneapolis Minnesota based journalistic photographer, been in the biz of photography full time since 2014. :)

Working with couples - the 2 warm bodies with 8 limbs (as a general rule ;)) - are my happy place. I do not expect you to be models, I direct THE WHOLE TIME, and I get inspired by your interpretation of my direction, the unique ways you hold each other, and our surroundings. It's a playful trio of circumstance, my style, and your original personalities, with a safe space to be totally yourselves so intimate connection can take over the moment. I love a quirky sense of humor, and I find beauty in chaos and the imperfect perfect moments of everyday life.

My photography is raw, organic, true to who you are, so it feels like 'home' to you. Ten, twenty years from now, I want the photos I created to be part of the glue that's holding you together. Always guiding you back to each other, even if your compass were to temporarily lose true North. I create with passion, and purpose, and I give a piece of myself to everyone I create artwork for, intentionally focusing on moments over landscapes, emotions over poses, love over the highlight reel.

If you want to learn more about me, see my work & how I play with light, and the unique couples I have photographed -- head on to the "Stories" on my website (www.esterknowlen.com)

xo!

Ester

www.esterknowlen.com | @esterknowlenphoto (on Instagram) - let's connect!

2215 Woodlynn Ave, Maplewood, MN 55109 Minneapolis, MN, 55109
651-235-9468

M-F 9am-6pm Weekends reserved for Weddings / Family
Location of (Ester Knowlen Photography)

Other vendors in Minneapolis for your wedding