1467 North Elston, Chicago, IL 60642 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Engaging Events by Ali

Engaging Events By Ali is a wedding planner & designer in Chicago, Illinois specializing in Chicago weddings, South Asian weddings & destination weddings.

Over the years of event planning, I have been recognized as leader in the wedding and event industry. I was named an top A-List Destination Planner by Destination Weddings & Honeymoons magazine and have been named one of the Favorites Chicago Wedding Planners by Chicago Magazine and was named one of Chicago’s favorite wedding planners by Brides magazine. I have planned over 375 weddings in Chicago and many of them have taken place all over the world, including Los Cabos, Turks and Caicos, Costa Rica, Napa, Fiji, England, Ireland and South Africa.

Let's make your wedding amazing!! From the moment you are engaged until you are whisked away to the honeymoon suite, Engaging Events by Ali can help with all areas of your wedding planning. We offer full planning, weekend-of coordination, a "blueprint" package to get you started or hourly consultation. From a small cocktail reception to a lavish black-tie dance!

Follow Engaging Events by Ali on

cee1eb38cf0744fd 1456862833445 palumbo 4

8 Reviews for Engaging Events by Ali

Paige Stoub · Married on 07/25/2020

Five Stars!

We had to change our wedding plans and hired Ali as our officiant about 3 weeks before our wedding date. She jumped right in and wrote a beautiful ceremony for us. We were able to give her feedback via email and zoom, and we finally met her in person about 5 minutes before walking down the aisle. She was wonderful and we would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/02/2020

Alice · Married on 09/02/2017

Ali is absolutely amazing, and my husband and I can't give her enough praise!

We hired Ali for full-service planning about a year out. She planned our multi-day, multi-cultural wedding, and everything went so smoothly, especially given the complexity of our wedding.

I tried to write everything here, but there were so many good points, I ran out of room, haha!
    Full review is on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/engaging-events-by-ali-chicago-2?hrid=3fD2GQIrI8pp648ACiCbIQ

So I will say, she was pricier than a bulk of the planners we interviewed. HOWEVER, I will be the first to say that she was COMPLETELY worth it. If I had to do it all over again (don't worry, we won't, haha - very hypothetically speaking), we would still hire Ali especially knowing the time and headache we saved.

Also, all our vendors loved working with Ali so it made everything pretty seamless. There were a few minor hiccups that I found out about after the fact, but Ali handled them so well that we didn't even notice during the wedding.

Overall, we were able to enjoy our wedding weekend without worrying about all the logistics thanks to Ali and her wonderful team! More than 1+ month out, we are still getting many compliments from our guests on how well organized the wedding was. Thank you, Ali!!

If you're looking for a reliable planner that executes well AND has a great personality, I would not hesitate to recommend Ali in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Loredana · Married on 07/19/2014

I highly recommend hiring Ali of Engaging Events if you want a picture perfect wedding.After interviewing countless planners, I instantly knew after meeting Ali she was “the one” Just as important as marrying the perfect man,is choosing that perfect planner to make all your dreams come true.Her energy, personality and over all demurer made me confident that she was my planner. Being a completed control freak (& a little compulsive)I was concerned that no one would be able to keep up, or make me happy. Ali got my vision. She was responsive, very detailed oriented, and organized! She never said no. She some how managed to take all my crazy ideas and implement them in real life. No request was too crazy, no idea was ever impossible. She took my vision and made it a reality. She planned the most fabulous glam wedding, in just 4 short months.I hired her for the complete package, as she also created the most memorable rehearsal dinner and event 3 days leading up to my wedding. She never ceased to amaze me with the details she was able to pull off, or the impossible requests she made possible. She even had a few surprises up her sleeve for me! Literally she thought of EVERYTHING,from guest gifts,to little personal touches everywhere that she knew was so important to me.Guests are still gushing about our fairytale come to life.She kept my stress levels to an ultimate low(my husband loved that) she stayed within our budget (He REALLY loved that)She hustled to get us the best possible deals, and she was constantly in contact and communication about every aspect of my big day. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without her!(Okay, I lied. I probably wouldn’t have gotten married as my husband probably wouldn’t have been able to deal with “Bridezilla”)Everyone warns you of all the stress of wedding planning, but honestly, having Ali on my team and most importantly by my side, made this process seamless for me. I would hire her 100X's over,completely worth every penny!!!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Award

Engaging Events by Ali FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 4500
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 7000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Real Wedding

• 1467 North Elston Chicago, 60642 See on map
    Location of (Engaging Events by Ali)