Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Encore Entertainment

Professional Mobile Disc-Jockey/MC/Planning services

Professional Mobile Disc-Jockey services specializing in Private, Corporate and Public events.

More than just a Dj, it is our pleasure to sit with you and plan the guideline for your event from the moment you walk through the door until the moment you leave.

Discussing announcements, introductions and the special touches and events that will pepper the evening. Always striving to make your event memorable.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: Grand Rapids

Follow Encore Entertainment on

48 Reviews for Encore Entertainment

Do-Not-Play List (3)
MC (3)
Microphones (3)
Sound/PA System (3)

Fred was awesome! He was helpful when I was a clueless bride, was patient and gave excellent suggestions. Our big day couldn't have run as smoothly without him!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was great! My wife and I were very pleased with the service we got from him. Our wedding venue mentioned to us they had never worked with a DJ who was so thorough so early in the planning process. He made it easy for us to have songs on a "do not play", "play", and "play if possible" list as well as for our guests to request songs. He has a very large library on his website to choose from but if he doesn't have a song you would like to have played, all you have to do is ask! We also had some special moments in our wedding that he thought up or had done before that we otherwise wouldn't have even thought to do. We cant say enough good things about this company and if you have the chance to hire Encore for your event we would highly recommend you do!

Profile Picture Chase, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was the perfect wedding DJ! The layout of his website made it very easy for my fiance and I to organize our musical choices for our reception, we were able to curate a personal playlist of must have songs and also let Fred know which songs we did not want played. He took the time to connect with us over the phone before our wedding and review the timeline of the day as well as all of the song choices for the ceremony, special dances for the reception, and reception music.

The day of the wedding Fred was nothing short of a trooper! We had initially planned to have the reception outside but it was pouring rain the day of our wedding forcing us to move from Plan A to Plan B to Plan C. Fred adjusted easily to the change of plan and did an amazing job from the start of our ceremony all the way through the very last song at the reception. He truly captured our musical taste throughout the reception and got everyone out on the dance floor! We received many compliments on the musical selection and our DJ! Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without Fred, I highly recommend him for anyone getting married in the Austin area.

Profile Picture Grace, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fred is awesome. He is very organized, always checks in, and is so nice! Fred's online event manager website was very convenient for pre-wedding music requests and information! At our wedding he played awesome music, kept our guests entertained, and helped us to pull a hilarious garter stunt!
Fred also video our speeches during the reception, which was a very special surprise! I totally recommend Fred!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Fred was amazing! He was quick to respond to any questions, has a helpful website with music recommendations to help plan your event, and even met with us in person closer to our wedding date to discuss planning. He provided great insight to our wedding day timeline and helped create a memorable day for us. He provided all of the mics and music for our outdoor ceremony and smoothly transitioned into our reception with fun dance floor lighting. He knows how to pack the dance floor and keep the party going with a great mix of tunes. He kept the crowd happy and even provided a fun surprise for the guests during the garter toss. I cannot begin to recommend him enough; you will be in great hands if you choose Encore Entertainment for your next event.

Profile Picture Kim, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hiring Fred was among the best decisions we made. First, he's knows weddings. He has a great sense for the flow of the evening, and was a lot of help to us in planning the reception celebration. We had an outdoor event with an indoor reception, all at same venue. Fred handled background music for ceremony and reception, celebration music following the meal, and acted as Master of Ceremonies to direct the evening. Everything ran just flawlessly.

Leading up to our wedding, we turned to Fred several times for advice and he was helpful every time. He's one of the most responsive people we've ever worked with, he really went above and beyond in making himself available throughout the process. As a quick aside, he's got a fun website which lets you pick from a seemingly unlimited selection of music.

Finally, on the day of wedding, Fred managed a few small issues that came up during the event without losing a beat. Bottom line: Everyone had a great time. It was a memorable night. We recommend him without any reservation.

Profile Picture Kip, 4/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Fred was so much fun! He started the party early and kept it going! He was incredibly easy to work with during the wedding planning process. His portal made it easy to keep details together during an otherwise complicated planning time. He was extremely responsive to emails and always was available to answer questions. He worked well with my other vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page. He went above and beyond the day-of the wedding and helped with the coordination of music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception. I was so grateful that Fred had all of the details together on a fun but crazy day. He was responsive to guest's requests, but also made sure that the music was suitable for all ages that attended the wedding. During the reception, everyone was on the dance floor- from my youngest cousin to my grandmother! No one wanted the party to end! I would definitely recommend him! Please choose DJ Fred! You will be in very good hands and have quite a party!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

One of the best vendors we chose for our wedding! Very responsive, very organized, and very professional. We did not have a wedding planner so he was a huge help with planning the flow of our reception. He provided us with a website to put in song requests and a site for our guests to provide requests ahead of time. Very cool! We were so thankful after the wedding that we had him. Everyone had a great time! I recommend him to everyone I can.

Profile Picture User5024014, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fred was an amazing DJ who I feel helped to make our wedding day truly memorable. We found Fred online via wedding wire as top ranked, and we were not disappointed. No other DJ's responded as fast as Fred, as soon as I put in a request online about our date, he was in immediate contact with us for more details. We set up a meeting and went over the details, and we enjoyed the meeting so much we hired him there on the spot. His experience and resume of previous weddings hooked us. Discussing all sorts of other weddings, options, etc. made us feel that Fred would be able to craft an experience just the way we wanted. His website is easy to use to help create a timeline for the event and list songs to play, and his communication via email is fast and constant enough to ensure that the right details are being conveyed. As we got closer to the date, we met again to go over the details and he worked with our venue manager to ensure the details would be right and he would have the proper equipment to deliver the experience we were after. The setup was perfect for the room, the music selection was AWESOME! Everyone loved the music, perfect mixes of some slower dancing, but great modern hits for us to dance the night away too. He is a great person to deal with, easy going, and let us decide how much we wanted to allow people to enjoy their dinner, versus go out on the dance floor. I enjoyed the experience, will never forget my wedding night, and highly recommend Fred for whatever party a person may be looking for.

Profile Picture User5432321, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Awesome DJ! Met with us multiple times before the wedding to plan out the night for no extra charge. Coordinated directly with the venue to get the answers he needed (instead of us playing the middle man). Didn't rush our dinner service. Played ALL the songs on our "must play" list while staying flexible and varying the tempo through the night.

Profile Picture User5563495, 2+ years ago, 1 Review