48 Reviews for Encore Entertainment

MC (3)
Microphones (3)
Sound/PA System (3)
47 Encore Entertainment Reviews

Fred was awesome! He was helpful when I was a clueless bride, was patient and gave excellent suggestions. Our big day couldn't have run as smoothly without him!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was great! My wife and I were very pleased with the service we got from him. Our wedding venue mentioned to us they had never worked with a DJ who was so thorough so early in the planning process. He made it easy for us to have songs on a "do not play", "play", and "play if possible" list as well as for our guests to request songs. He has a very large library on his website to choose from but if he doesn't have a song you would like to have played, all you have to do is ask! We also had some special moments in our wedding that he thought up or had done before that we otherwise wouldn't have even thought to do. We cant say enough good things about this company and if you have the chance to hire Encore for your event we would highly recommend you do!

Profile Picture Chase, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was the perfect wedding DJ! The layout of his website made it very easy for my fiance and I to organize our musical choices for our reception, we were able to curate a personal playlist of must have songs and also let Fred know which songs we did not want played. He took the time to connect with us over the phone before our wedding and review the timeline of the day as well as all of the song choices for the ceremony, special dances for the reception, and reception music.

The day of the wedding Fred was nothing short of a trooper! We had initially planned to have the reception outside but it was pouring rain the day of our wedding forcing us to move from Plan A to Plan B to Plan C. Fred adjusted easily to the change of plan and did an amazing job from the start of our ceremony all the way through the very last song at the reception. He truly captured our musical taste throughout the reception and got everyone out on the dance floor! We received many compliments on the musical selection and our DJ! Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without Fred, I highly recommend him for anyone getting married in the Austin area.

Profile Picture Grace, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fred is awesome. He is very organized, always checks in, and is so nice! Fred's online event manager website was very convenient for pre-wedding music requests and information! At our wedding he played awesome music, kept our guests entertained, and helped us to pull a hilarious garter stunt!
Fred also video our speeches during the reception, which was a very special surprise! I totally recommend Fred!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Fred was amazing! He was quick to respond to any questions, has a helpful website with music recommendations to help plan your event, and even met with us in person closer to our wedding date to discuss planning. He provided great insight to our wedding day timeline and helped create a memorable day for us. He provided all of the mics and music for our outdoor ceremony and smoothly transitioned into our reception with fun dance floor lighting. He knows how to pack the dance floor and keep the party going with a great mix of tunes. He kept the crowd happy and even provided a fun surprise for the guests during the garter toss. I cannot begin to recommend him enough; you will be in great hands if you choose Encore Entertainment for your next event.

Profile Picture Kim, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hiring Fred was among the best decisions we made. First, he's knows weddings. He has a great sense for the flow of the evening, and was a lot of help to us in planning the reception celebration. We had an outdoor event with an indoor reception, all at same venue. Fred handled background music for ceremony and reception, celebration music following the meal, and acted as Master of Ceremonies to direct the evening. Everything ran just flawlessly.

Leading up to our wedding, we turned to Fred several times for advice and he was helpful every time. He's one of the most responsive people we've ever worked with, he really went above and beyond in making himself available throughout the process. As a quick aside, he's got a fun website which lets you pick from a seemingly unlimited selection of music.

Finally, on the day of wedding, Fred managed a few small issues that came up during the event without losing a beat. Bottom line: Everyone had a great time. It was a memorable night. We recommend him without any reservation.

Profile Picture Kip, 4/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Fred was so much fun! He started the party early and kept it going! He was incredibly easy to work with during the wedding planning process. His portal made it easy to keep details together during an otherwise complicated planning time. He was extremely responsive to emails and always was available to answer questions. He worked well with my other vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page. He went above and beyond the day-of the wedding and helped with the coordination of music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception. I was so grateful that Fred had all of the details together on a fun but crazy day. He was responsive to guest's requests, but also made sure that the music was suitable for all ages that attended the wedding. During the reception, everyone was on the dance floor- from my youngest cousin to my grandmother! No one wanted the party to end! I would definitely recommend him! Please choose DJ Fred! You will be in very good hands and have quite a party!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

One of the best vendors we chose for our wedding! Very responsive, very organized, and very professional. We did not have a wedding planner so he was a huge help with planning the flow of our reception. He provided us with a website to put in song requests and a site for our guests to provide requests ahead of time. Very cool! We were so thankful after the wedding that we had him. Everyone had a great time! I recommend him to everyone I can.

Profile Picture User5024014, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fred was an amazing DJ who I feel helped to make our wedding day truly memorable. We found Fred online via wedding wire as top ranked, and we were not disappointed. No other DJ's responded as fast as Fred, as soon as I put in a request online about our date, he was in immediate contact with us for more details. We set up a meeting and went over the details, and we enjoyed the meeting so much we hired him there on the spot. His experience and resume of previous weddings hooked us. Discussing all sorts of other weddings, options, etc. made us feel that Fred would be able to craft an experience just the way we wanted. His website is easy to use to help create a timeline for the event and list songs to play, and his communication via email is fast and constant enough to ensure that the right details are being conveyed. As we got closer to the date, we met again to go over the details and he worked with our venue manager to ensure the details would be right and he would have the proper equipment to deliver the experience we were after. The setup was perfect for the room, the music selection was AWESOME! Everyone loved the music, perfect mixes of some slower dancing, but great modern hits for us to dance the night away too. He is a great person to deal with, easy going, and let us decide how much we wanted to allow people to enjoy their dinner, versus go out on the dance floor. I enjoyed the experience, will never forget my wedding night, and highly recommend Fred for whatever party a person may be looking for.

Profile Picture User5432321, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Awesome DJ! Met with us multiple times before the wedding to plan out the night for no extra charge. Coordinated directly with the venue to get the answers he needed (instead of us playing the middle man). Didn't rush our dinner service. Played ALL the songs on our "must play" list while staying flexible and varying the tempo through the night.

Profile Picture User5563495, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Fred Bishop was great with all the pre wedding info. He was a great addition to our wedding. He was very timely and offered guidance if we needed it. We were planning our wedding from another state and he was didn't make it seem complicated at all. I highly recommend him for any event!

Profile Picture Meredith, 5/29/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was so great to work with leading up to the event and at the event. He worked really closely with me on creating a playlist and just did a wonderful job. I highly recommend him if you want a stress free and fun dj!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Who says DJs are just the background music to your special day? Not me. Without Encore Entertainment, I'm not even sure I would be married right now.

Fred Bishop isn't just your run-of-the-mill DJ. He doesn't come in just for the night and play some catchy tunes for dancing. He's in it for the long haul. From day one (about 1 1/2 years before we even tied the knot), Fred was friendly, quick to respond, and extremely helpful. He set us up to use his website, which is a great tool for selecting songs for your wedding. He suggested other vendors. He was a great help giving us a general direction on how to go about planning a wedding without a planner and even helped with our overall day-of timeline With all the help, we didn't end up needing a planner. He really helped us keep everything on track, even when I wasn't sure I could pull it off.

Day of, he was punctual and engaged. With all the hullabaloo going on, he still managed to keep us informed and on time. He fit all of the best songs into our small reception time frame to keep our families dancing. Our families loved it.

Fred Bishop was truly amazing and I can't even imagine our wedding without him! He'll be the first recommendation to any of my friends who need DJs!

Profile Picture Pamela, 5/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fred was fantastic!!! Very organized, responsive, friendly...

Everyone had a blast. He was very experienced, and that helped take some of the pressure off of us so we could simply enjoy our special day!!

Profile Picture Kendall, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The part of my wedding that was the most important to me (aside from marrying my awesome dude) was the music and dancing. I was nervous about picking a DJ because I've been to some weddings where the DJ was a complete and total disaster. I ran into Fred at our venue a few months before the wedding and let me just say I am SO GLAD I did! Fred maintained great communication with me up to and during the day of, he responded to texts calls and emails faster than lightning and was very helpful throughout the entire process. Honestly, he was more than a DJ - He basically helped us plan out the entire flow of the wedding and reception from beginning to end and he kept track of timing so that my husband and I wouldn't have to think about it. He played great music, kept the guests dancing and happy, improvised when needed, and even helped orchestrate a few fun surprises that made everyone laugh. I am pretty sure I ended up with the best DJ ever. Pick this guy, seriously! You'll regret it if you don't!

Profile Picture Shannon, 4/4/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Where can I even start? My hubby and I were married March 29th, 2015. Fred was an absolute pleasure to work with. I gave him an extensive list of music from rock n roll, to funk, to classics, indie, you name it. He worked with me and my hubby to ensure the song choices were placed in appropriate times throughout the wedding day/night. Fred definitely exceeded any and all expectations I had of a DJ, this being my first time actually ever hiring a DJ. He was very thorough with helping me with the timeline for the evening and gave great advice and recommendations for song choices, time frames, etc. Not only did he give me the Bohemian Rhapsody sing along I asked for, (which went over VERY well) but he gave us a fantastic range of music for everyone. I don't think I took one step off that dance floor once he started playing. Not only did he rock us out, but he stayed true to the timeline and made sure we (bride and groom) knew what was going on and what we needed to be ready for. That was the biggest deal for me and he made my day calm in that sense. I never felt like I didn't know what was about to happen because he would find me and fill me in. I can't thank Fred enough for being so awesome, down to earth, and easy to get a hold of. I'm sure I had some dumb questions, but I never felt insecure in asking him anything. He is very quick to respond to any form of communication and all my guests raved about the song list. Some even asked me to email the song list to them because they had so much fun dancing. That says something. Fred is so much fun to work with and I can't recommend him any higher. Our day wouldn't have been as epic as it was if not for Fred. Thank you so much for making our day an absolute blast!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/29/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was very helpful in every aspect of planning our music and timing for our wedding ceremony and reception.

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/21/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I loved our dj!! He made sure the music reflected both our tastes in music while also making our guests happy too. I would use him again In a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Annette, 1/17/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was such an awesome DJ for our wedding! Right away when I met him, I felt at ease because he seemed so professional and knowledgeable about weddings. He helped with timeline feedback, worked so well with our coordinator, and kept people dancing the entire evening! I got a lot of compliments about how fun the music was, and he kept the events flowing well. He was funny, articulate, and we are just so happy we chose him for our big day. His online system of creating your playlists is super easy to use, and he had all our songs already in his library (our music was a lot of pop/top 40/country). We booked him for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music, and it was perfect. He is very reasonably priced, and gets back to you so so fast via email or text. His set up is very sleek, and he uses the BOSE speakers, which were awesome. Can't say enough great things; thank you Fred for a fantastic day!

Profile Picture Sandra, 12/12/14, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

From start to finish, working with Fred was a breeze. His website provided an automatic quote and he contacted us with more precise quote within an hour, and the price was more than reasonable compared to others we had seen.

At our first meeting he was straightforward and to the point and put on absolutely no pressure to close the sale. Once we did select him, he promptly setup a website to help us start planning our music and reception timeline. From there, he worked with us at our pace. Throughout the wedding planning madness, he would remind us when we needed to move forward with the reception planning, but not so much to where it became annoying or overbearing.

The night of the wedding itself, he did a great job. He was already fully set up before guests arrived (and he has backups in the case of emergencies) and he created the perfect ambiance for our celebration. He was flexible with our timeline while still moving the reception festivities along at a good pace. He also did a great job selecting music and had our guests dancing non-stop for well over three hours.

Overall, Fred was a great DJ at a great price and I would highly recommend him for your event.

Profile Picture Timothy, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was such a hit at my wedding. He knew how to read the crowd, was very easy to work with, and was extremely helpful in assisting us in planning our big day. I'd recommend him for any event!

Profile Picture Jen, 9/28/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Encore Entertainment was everything that we wanted and more for our big event! The price was unbeatable, and his professionalism was top notch. If I had a question or sent an email, he always responded quickly. Fred's online planning portal was extremely helpful throughout the planning process and easy to use. During the reception, he really paid attention to the crowd, kept everyone going and we received so many compliments on our entertainment. Overall, Fred went above and beyond and we could not be happier with his services!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 9/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Fred was great! He made our reception perfect. I would recommend him over and over again.

Profile Picture Camille, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a wonderful reception with Fred as our DJ. The only thing I would've wanted was more time to keep the party going! It was such a great night, and Fred really knows how to read a crowd. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Niki, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Fred was absolutely wonderful to work with! We selected to work with him because he did a fabulous job at my now sister-in-law's wedding. Before the wedding, he responded to all of my emails *very* promptly, met with personally to go over the day-of timeline in detail, and had wonderful suggestions. On the day of, he set everything up early and ensured everything ran so smoothly. He played a lot of our "must play" songs--the ones he didn't get to were likely not played because we had so many guests make requests (which we allowed and were 100% okay with). His website made planning a breeze and made sure we didn't forget to include an important detail. Fred is so nice and very easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews