Doylestown Country Club is a wedding ceremony and reception venue located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. This country club has a rich history dating back to 1916 and is ideal for couples who are seeking a venue that is full of panache and classic charm.
Facilities and Capacity
Doylestown Country Club is a place rich with all-natural beauty, including trickling streams, impeccably manicured lawns, and a variety of maple, oak, and black walnut trees. This venue accommodates wedding parties ranging between 100 to 200 people. Your wedding experience is sure to be lavish with an atmosphere rich with historic prestige. A rental package with this facility grants you access to the main ballroom, the uncovered outdoor deck, two private dining rooms, and private quarters for the couple. Candelabra chandeliers, high ceilings and white walls in the grand ballroom offer the perfect setting to celebrate your special day.
Doylestown Country Club offers a team of professionals who are committed to ensuring your special day meets your custom vision through private consultations, tours, and food tastings. Full catering and bar services are available, including specialty liquors, wines, and beers, signature cocktails, and essential items like barware, china, flatware, glassware, and linens. Packages with this facility can be all-inclusive, complete with the aforementioned catering and bar services as well as setup, cleanup, lighting, and sound services. Other more general services include:
Doylestown Country Club offers elegant and delicious catering options, with an eclectic variety of hor d’oeuvres and plated entrees including Italian and Asian-inspired cuisine. Couples can enjoy carving, pasta, and Italian stations for a mouthwatering reception. Food is available in all varieties, including chicken, seafood, vegetable, pork, and beef, ensuring there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Doylestown Country Club was formed in 1916, when its founders, Dr. Frank B. Swartzlander, Dr. Joseph Swartzlander, Dr. Felix X. Murphy, J. Carroll Molloy, Sr. and William R. Mercer, brother of Dr. Henry Chapman Mercer, rented the estate for its natural beauty. The estate was officially purchased in the year 1945 and has since only improved and expanded to include more golfing holes, a golf shop, a swimming pool and pool house, and remodeled amenities. The Mercer Tile is employed in this country club’s official logo as an emblem of the Mercer legacy and the founding of the estate.
11 Reviews for Doylestown Country Club
Recommended by 98% of couples
2 User photos
D Diehl · Married on 10/05/2019
I cannot say enough good things about our experience with the Doylestown Country Club. Devin worked with us every step of the way, he was so helpful and responsive to all my questions and requests throughout the whole process and made sure no detail was overlooked. We had an amazing time and so did all of our guests. Highly recommend.Sent on 10/26/2019
Chris Mcpherson · Married on 06/28/2019
Customizable, personalized, friendly, flawless
We shopped around the Philadelphia area and went with the DCC for a few main reasons.Sent on 07/07/2019
1) Price - The venue is very reasonably priced for what you get and for the value. Top notch food and it tastes good. Our guest gave so many compliments.
2) Event Coordinator - He made the wedding day extremely successful. We had such a great time and appreciate all that he did for us throughout the entire process. The event was flawless and everything went so well. He is very personable and we are so glad he shared our special day with us as well. He went above and beyond leading up to and including the day of the wedding and was were one of the main reasons we went with DCC over any other options. We are so glad we chose him and the DCC.
3) Privacy - The club is very secluded and the event was private. No worrying about any other brides around for miles! The club is private and so many people were nice and congratulated us as we took our pictures around the grounds.
4) Custom - You can have a simple wedding or an over the top one. We were able to customize and work pricing on every element. This was important to meet our budget!
5) Great location for photos. The scenery is so nice and the club is so picturesque no need to stop anywhere else on the way from the church to get photos.
6) Room to get ready - Have ample rooms for the girls and the guys to get ready. Very private and secluded.
7) Parking - Ample amounts even on busy days
8) Vendors - Used a few of their suggested vendors but to be honest shop around. Saved thousands by shopping around here. Not the venues fault but it helps to shop around. Wegmans for flowers and sterling for limo. Both work well with the club!
Helen Baxter · Married on 05/10/2019
Fabulous Venue, Fabulous Wedding!
Wedding venue extraordinaire !Sent on 05/16/2019
A fine establishment and a wonderful friendly staff!
Doylestown Country Club is an outstanding venue for you wedding or special event. With beautiful space and grounds both inside and out, it is an exceptional location for a wedding. The staff and managers are very organized and friendly. A top notch Country Club!
I've shot only one wedding at Doylestown Country Club and I have to say that the staff was very professional and the over-all experience of being a vendor working in their venue was very welcoming.