2009 Fair Oaks Dr, Austin, TX 78745 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 34

About Doug Anthony

Doug Anthony is a versatile solo acoustic guitarist and wedding guitarist with decades of performance experience and five star reviews on Gigmasters, The Knot, Wedding Wire and Gigsalad. He performs for any type of event including corporate events, wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, receptions and private parties and specializes in music from such artists as The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennett, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Elton John, Nat King Cole, Merle Haggard, Billie Holiday, Bill Withers, Willie Nelson, Gipsy Kings, Johhny Cash, Louis Armstrong and more.

"I have been performing for 35 years and I still love what I do. I am a full time musician and I perform regularly for private events. Even though I have been playing the guitar for so long there is still so much to learn. I enjoy the process of learning new things and improving on what I already know. There are endless ways you can play a song and there are so many good songs to play. I was born in 1966 so I am heavily influenced by the music around that era which explains The Beatles, Stevie Wonder and The Great American Songbook.

I have lived in Austin since 1989 so I have watched it grow to what it is now. I have played just about every kind of music with just about every kind of band. For the past 15 years I have been focusing on solo guitar for private events and during that time I have had the chance to create a great rapport with many Austin area venues, event planners and wedding officiants.? It's always nice to show up at an event and see a familiar face.

I pride myself in my professionalism. Communication and punctuality are important to me because I know they are important to my clients and colleagues so I always arrive on time and respond to emails and phone calls as soon as I am able. If you have any questions about anything please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you!"

Click here for more reviews and recommendations

photo 1
gailbrikw 0050sm300x300

• Videos 7

115 Reviews for Doug Anthony

Philis · Married on 05/05/2018

A++++ Service. Doug is an incredible talent and his beautiful music made our wedding complete. His communications were quick and he always stayed on top of what needed to be changed or amended. Everything flowed flawlessly. I would highly recommend Doug. At the last minute I had some unusual requests and he was took care of every request. Those helping with the wedding said he was a joy to work with. Nice fella! Thanks Doug! You're the BEST anyone could book for an event in all of Austin! Feel sorry for those that don't live here that have to use someone else!

Kasey · Married on 04/28/2018

Doug was amazing. He has a wide range of genres to make your wedding special. We had a pre-ceremony reception where Doug played (as well as the ceremony) and he did a fantastic job. Many friends and family members complimented us on his music. If your looking for a talented guitarist I highly recommend Doug!

Doug Anthony FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 350.00
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Guitar
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System

• Mattie's
    Mattie's Restaurant Weddings

Doug is a true professional that we have worked with frequently for years. With his subtle demeanor, he always adds a nice touch to our events with his beautiful music! We are always happy to have him here at Green Pastures.

• Divine Wedding Details, LLC
    Divine Wedding Details, LLC Wedding Planners

We had the distinct pleasure of working with Doug for the first time on a very dear friends wedding that had to be absolutely flawless. Doug made the ceremony and cocktail hour such a joyous occasion and delivered entertaining music that was beyond expectation. We would highly recommend Doug.

• Chapel Dulcinea
    Chapel Dulcinea Historic Weddings

Doug Anthony is an incredibly talented guitarist who comes highly recommended from the many couples who have chosen him to perform at their weddings.

• 2009 Fair Oaks Dr Austin, TX 78745 See on map