About Doug Anthony

Acoustic Guitarist for Weddings and Special Events

Doug Anthony  is a versatile solo acoustic guitarist and wedding guitarist with decades of performance experience and five star reviews on Gigmasters, The Knot, Wedding Wire and Gigsalad. He performs for any type of event including corporate events, wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, receptions and private parties and specializes in music from such artists as The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennett, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Elton John, Nat King Cole, Merle Haggard, Billie Holiday, Bill Withers, Willie Nelson, Gipsy Kings, Johhny Cash, Louis Armstrong and more.

"I have been performing for 35 years and I still love what I do. I am a full time musician and I perform regularly for private events. Even though I have been playing the guitar for so long there is still so much to learn. I enjoy the process of learning new things and improving on what I already know. There are endless ways you can play a song and there are so many good songs to play. I was born in 1966 so I am heavily influenced by the music around that era which explains The Beatles, Stevie Wonder and The Great American Songbook.

I have lived in Austin since 1989 so I have watched it grow to what it is now. I have played just about every kind of music with just about every kind of band. For the past 15 years I have been focusing on solo guitar for private events and during that time I have had the chance to create a great rapport with many Austin area venues, event planners and wedding officiants.? It's always nice to show up at an event and see a familiar face.

I pride myself in my professionalism. Communication and punctuality are important to me because I know they are important to my clients and colleagues so I always arrive on time and respond to emails and phone calls as soon as I am able. If you have any questions about anything please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you!"

Click here for more reviews and recommendations

Categories: Wedding Musician

Music During Breaks (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Reception (1)

He was awesome! We are so glad Doug played at our wedding and all our guests loved him too!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Michelle, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Having Doug as our wedding ceremony musician was the best decision! We heard him perform at a friend's wedding, and knew we wanted that elegant charm of acoustic guitar for our special day! Doug is a very nice and talented musician and I whole-heartedly recommend his services for your wedding or special ceremony. Bravo!

View Vendor Response

My Photo Album

27 Photos

18 VIDEOS

6 ENDORSEMENTS
Doug is a true professional that we have worked with frequently for years. With his subtle demeanor, he always adds a nice touch to our events with his beautiful music! We are always happy to have him here at Green Pastures.

We had the distinct pleasure of working with Doug for the first time on a very dear friends wedding that had to be absolutely flawless. Doug made the ceremony and cocktail hour such a joyous occasion and delivered entertaining music that was beyond expectation. We would highly recommend Doug.

Doug Anthony is an incredibly talented guitarist who comes highly recommended from the many couples who have chosen him to perform at their weddings.

I've had the good fortune of arriving early for a wedding, allowing me to enjoy not only Doug's performance for the wedding, but also his warmup and pre-processional playing. Such a wonderful guitarist and totally chill. Can't wait to hear him at more weddings.

Events

2009 Fair Oaks Dr, Austin, TX 78745   See On Map
512-837-7913 (phone)
Doug Anthony is a wedding guitarist from Austin, TX. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Houston, TX, San Antonio, TX, and Central Texas. Doug Anthony is a professional wedding guitarist that has been part of the Austin, TX wedding industry for 20 years years. We specialize in ceremonies, cocktail hours, receptions, rehearsal dinners.