Durham, NC 27707 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About DJ Ryan The DJ

DJ RYAN THE DJ is a wedding host and DJ based in Durham, NC, delivering outstanding hosting, smooth transitions, elegant ceremony ambience and a high-energy dance party for your and your guests.

Follow DJ Ryan The DJ on

DJ Ryan The DJ 3
DJ Ryan The DJ 4

Sarah · Married on 02/17/2019

DJ Ryan is the best

Ryan is nothing short of fantastic. We hired him after attending a friend's wedding, where he kept the dancing going through the night. In the months leading up to our wedding, he was the consummate professional: attentive, thorough, responsive, thoughtful, and a pleasure to work with. On our wedding day, he was there setting up hours before the ceremony began. He facilitated the sound and music for our ceremony, the mics for our toasts, and mc'ing our reception, and did all of it perfectly. We had specific music requests (both what to play and what not to play), and Ryan handled this without a problem. We loved that our music felt like us, and not a generic wedding playlist. When it came time to dance, Ryan did a wonderful job, with seamless transitions between songs and song selections that kept everyone on the dance floor. Many of our guests told us afterwards that they thought our DJ was great. We would wholeheartedly recommend Ryan to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 03/20/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Sarah. Thank you so much for saying all these nice things about me. Your selections were perfect and the wedding was fabulous. I'm so thrilled to hear you and your guests had an awesome time — that's what makes my job super fun!! So excited for you and your future together, thank you again for having me!!
  • Emily

Emily Tosco · Married on 12/31/2018

NYE Wedding 12/31/18

Oh my goodness, I couldn’t recommend a DJ more than DJ Ryan. Seriously, I can’t imagine how anyone could do better. My husband and I first experienced Ryan’s talent at a friend’s wedding, and when we ended up getting engaged shortly after, we both knew we couldn’t go with any other. Ryan is professional, easy-going, and knows how to keep a crowd on the dance floor all night. I had several ideas in mind for the ceremony music and even a few odd ideas for the reception that Ryan easily made work. Our wedding music was one of the most important parts of our wedding to my husband and I, and Ryan couldn’t have helped make the music any more perfect. We are still receiving so many compliments on Ryan after the wedding, even from a fellow wedding DJ guest himself! Ryan, we can never thank you enough!!
    Emily and Andrew

Sent on 01/08/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Emily and Andrew!! What a blast. It was such a treat to ring in the new year with you and your guests at your super cool wedding venue. I thought I would get sleepy staying up so late but NOPE y'all are way too fun for that!! So glad I was able to bring the noise and help you impress your guests and have an awesome time. Your "odd ideas" were perfect and everybody seemed to be having so much fun! : ) Thank you so much, take care!!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 12/29/2018

DJ Ryan is incredible!

Hire DJ Ryan for your wedding right now and you will not be disappointed!! Ryan was recommended to us by our wedding officiant, and we are so happy we found him! From the very beginning, he was so friendly and easy to talk to. He communicated with us reliably and we had no doubts he would be a great asset to our wedding. He did a wonderful job of music for our serene wintery ceremony, kept the background music going during dinner, then got everyone out on the dance floor for the last 2 hours of our wedding. He also helped manage our timeline and emceed the whole evening flawlessly. We provided really specific timing for our first dance, father/daughter dance, and mother/son dance and he executed them beautifully. We had friends and family of all ages on the floor and it never cleared! He actually blends songs together unlike a lot of other DJs we have heard at other events, and he doesn't linger on any one song for too long, which kept things interesting. We had so many compliments about Ryan from our wedding guests, and we are thrilled to recommend him to anyone looking for a great dance party!

Sent on 01/08/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey there Laura!! Thank you so much for your super-sweet review. It was a total delight to be a part of your beautiful wedding and spin for you and your energetic guests. : ) You and your husband are so sweet; every interaction with you was easy and wonderful. I'm so happy you loved the coordination (your venue staff was super awesome about that too, by the way!) and the song timing, and the dance party, and the everything else. : D Best of luck, thank you so much!!

DJ Ryan The DJ Pricing

DJ Ryan The DJ Price Rates

DJ Ryan The DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,245.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,495.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40

• Emily Katherine Events
    Emily Katherine Events Wedding Planners

Ryan is a fun DJ, and a great team member! He always arrives on time (usually early), and after his set up he wants to know how he can help with anything else. Ryan puts a lot of thought into customizing the playlist for the couple, and they really appreciate the work he puts in pre-wedding day.

• JD Silverthorne
    JD Silverthorne Wedding DJs

DJ Ryan is an INCREDIBLE DJ and Host that I've had the honor of working with over the course of my career! He's not your typical DJ/Host, he's at your event hours early, helping all of the staff and other vendors be sure your event is everything you want it to be! Highly recommend him as a DJ and guy that you'll just want to have around while planning your wedding!

• Katherine Edwards, Interfaith Officiant
    Katherine Edwards, Interfaith Officiant Wedding Officiants

DJ Ryan The DJ is your guy if you're looking for a funny, fun-loving, entertaining, and energetic DJ. He is full of personality, while still being a professional and getting the job done. Highly recommended.

• Durham, 27707 See on map