DJ Ryan The DJ Reviews

1 User Photo

DJ Ryan The DJ 1

Megan O'connor · Married on 11/10/2018

THE DJ of all the DJs!!!

Our photographer Adam Chapin Photography recommended DJ Ryan and we are so happy he did! We wanted someone personable, easygoing, and who would keep people dancing all night! He was fantastic and was able to put together an amazing playlist from all the crazy different genres of music we asked for from jazzy lounge music, to 90s rock, to todays hits! Ryan is an awesome DJ and just an overall awesome person! My husband Ryan and I seriously adored Ryan and highly recommend you hire him!

Sent on 11/20/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Megan!! I'm so glad (and flattered) the amazing Adam Chapin Phototgraphy recommended me because you were absolutely a delight to spin for. I loved your eclectic requests and your guests really know how to have a great time — makes my job super fun. : ) You are awesome, best of luck!!

Rebecca · Married on 11/03/2018

DJ Ryan the DJ rocks!

DJ Ryan the DJ rocks! He was easygoing, very professional, and created an amazing vibe at our wedding. He also went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day (and rehearsal day) went flawless. Thanks DJ Ryan the DJ!

Sent on 11/11/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca! Your wedding was gorgeous and a ton of fun. It was a pleasure to be there and work with you. So glad to hear you loved the vibe and had a great time; best of luck!!

Charles Mcleod · Married on 10/13/2018

The best DJ the DJ around!!!

Ryan is absolutely fantastic to work with. Rather than going through a company that farms out DJs, you know what you're getting from the outset with Ryan. He's personable, responsive, and a pleasure to work with.

Our wedding was a simple one, but he did a fantastic job curating a playlist based off four songs I gave him. Wedding guests told us they were looking up every track he played. Not only that, we didn't plan to have dancing at my request. But when guests started requesting some impromptu celebration, Ryan didn't miss a beat and got the crowd going.

You need to hire this guy!

Sent on 11/11/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Charles, thank you so much!! Haha, your guests made it quite clear to me early in the evening that they would be having a dance party whether it was on the timeline or not. : ) So glad you liked the music choices, I had an awesome time celebrating with you!!

Ruthanne · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Ryan was great! He spun our wedding at the Old Lystra Inn in September and our guests all loved him. It was an extra long reception because we know our guests love to dance and he kept the dance floor packed for 4 hours. Ryan went out of his way to touch base with us throughout the planning process and came early on the day of the wedding to help with setup even during hours he was not technically being paid to cover. He was so friendly and easy to work with and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/28/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Ruthanne, thank you!! You and your guests made it easy to spin for that long — solid party crew. : ) Glad to hear you appreciated the communication and the setup help. You are awesome, best of luck!!

Amelia · Married on 09/08/2018

Ryan was wonderful to work with prior to the big day! He was very organized and also sent us shortened versions of our dances so we could practice beforehand and genuinely seemed as excited about our wedding as we were! Day of he did a great job emceeing and had a killer dance party going after dinner! Everything we wanted in a DJ, would for sure recommend.

Sent on 09/11/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Amelia!! You killed it with the dances and you and your guests were so awesome. It was great working with such a positive, friendly couple, and I'm super happy to hear that you loved the party. Thank you and take care!!

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

Ryan was an amazing DJ for our July wedding this past Saturday. He made sure to capture everyone’s music interests during dinner and followed all my wishes for music choices throughout the day. After 9pm the real party started and I don’t think anyone left the dance floor for the rest of the evening! You will not be disappointed with his services!!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Yeeeah Katie!! I'm so happy to hear that you and your guests liked the music! I mean, you made it pretty obvious by singing and dancing all night. Which was awesome. : ) Thank you for being an awesome couple and inviting a super fun crowd; best of luck!!

Jenna-Beth · Married on 05/11/2018

Ryan was literally the most organized, pleasant and professional human! He remembered every single detail we went over, followed up like a champ, and delivered a 100 star (on a scale of 1-5 if that tells you anything) service. We seriously adored him and would hire him again in half a heartbeat. Thanks Ryan, for making our day flawless!

Sent on 05/15/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Okay, okay, thank you very much Mrs. Hyperbole. : P You and your guests were super fun (definitely one of the fittest crowds I've ever played for!) and the whole wedding was fantastic. I am so, so pleased and grateful that you loved my DJing and my customer service. You made the day awesome and I know you will have so much joy together! Thank you!!

Ray · Married on 04/14/2018

Ryan is both an incredibly gifted DJ and a magnificent human being! We booked him for our 170-person wedding several months in advance, and in the lead-up to our wedding day he was very responsive to our questions and was incredibly helpful in guiding our selection of songs. He did an amazing job honoring our requests while building the playlist based on his immense experience to ensure that our party was truly awesome. Ryan was both methodical and thoughtful in his work with us, repeatedly checking in to make sure he fully understood our wishes and needs. In addition to working really hard on our music he also graciously served as our announcer during dinner and the toasts, and did a great job directing people and helping us stay on schedule. His ability to read the room was exceptional, and it was priceless to see awed and approving expressions on the faces of our guests on the dance floor when Ryan transitioned skillfully between songs. Seriously… his transitions were SO seamless and original. Ryan is a talented electronic musician with both an encyclopedic knowledge of music across decades and genres as well as an innate sense of timing and rhythm. He has extensive formal training in beat making and has been making music all his life, and it definitely shows in his work. As a DJ, he’s not just playing your songs - he’s engaging in his passions for creating awesome music and making people feel awesome. Many of our guests approached us specifically to say they thought he was the best wedding DJ they’d ever encountered, and my wife and I agree wholeheartedly! Ryan is super charismatic and kept the energy level very high all the way through the very end of our reception and even showed one of our 12 year old guests how to spin! We had such a blast working with Ryan is both an incredibly gifted DJ and a magnificent human being! We booked him for our 170-person wedding several months in advance, and in the lead-up to oand highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/07/2018
    DJ Ryan The DJ 2

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!!! I can't tell you how awesome it makes me feel to know that you found it easy and fun to work with me, that you were pleased with the music, and that your guests were impressed and had an awesome time. Seriously. I would love to deflect your outrageously over-the-top praise of my skills and experience, but that's not the point of WeddingWire reviews. So, sure. I'll take it all. Ray, you and your bride were amazing to work with and your guests were phenomenal; if I could leave you a ten-star review I'd do it in a heartbeat. Thank you, thank you for having me as your DJ and spreading the word — best of luck and have an amazing adventure together!!

Caitlin · Married on 04/07/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ did an excellent job DJing our wedding ceremony and reception! People commented to me about how much fun they were having and how great the DJ was as we were dancing. :) He had really excellent smooth transitions between songs (not really even between... I just don't know the terminology, but he was mixing and the music just kept going!) and kept people on the floor all night. He included almost (if not all - I wasn't keeping track!) songs we requested as Must Plays, and didn't play any of our Do Not Plays. Plus, my (now) husband's niece hung around Ryan's shoulder all night asking questions and he didn't mind and now she's probably going to become a DJ. Super cool.

In terms of communication before the wedding, it was super easy to get in touch with Ryan and he responded quickly whenever we had a question. He also met with me in person when I had some additional questions about setup for the wedding! Ryan is great, open & honest and easy to work with, and you will be happy if he DJs your wedding. :)

Sent on 04/14/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin!! I am thrilled to hear that your guests had fun, and it's awesome that communication was easy and my responses to you were quick. Total success! You and your guests were SUCH A BLAST to spin for. I hope you two get married again next year. : P Also, if you tell everyone that your niece wants to be a DJ now, everyone will think I'm going to steer their children away from respectable professions. : )
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2018

Ryan was an exceptional addition to our big day! Ryan was super responsive, was open to all my requests and suggestions, and had a GREAT introductory packet that allowed me to realize just how much music was needed for the entire wedding which was super helpful (especially the suggestions I hadn't even thought of!) Ryan was very honest, open, and willing to do whatever for our day and that really meant a lot to us! He took my 3-page song list and tailored to our requests, wants, and needs for the big day! We couldn't have been more happy with Ryan and he had THEE BEST DJ personality ever, which really got the crowd involved! Another great attribute about Ryan is that he TRULY is a DJ and can mix! He is not just a "let me set up and play a song after song on a playlist" guy. He truly can mix, which was super fun and really got us moving! Thanks again, Ryan! You're the best!

Evan · Married on 02/24/2018

We had an amazing experience working with DJ Ryan for our wedding! When we were searching for a DJ we were frustrated by several DJs that acted like used car salesmen. DJ Ryan was like a breath of fresh air. He's authentic, honest, and clearly loves his work. He walked us through the whole process and checked in with us regularly as the date approached. When we needed a custom edit of our first dance song, he had it finished the same day. At the reception, he was the perfect MC and kept our guests dancing until the end of the night.

Sent on 03/07/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Man, no wonder all the other used car salesmen at my last job thought I was so weird! (I am just kidding. I was never a used car salesman.) Thank you so much for having me at your wedding and having a great time — it was the perfect way to kick off the wedding season and get pumped up for 2018! Take care!! : )

Brendan · Married on 12/02/2017

Ryan was amazing! He met with us several weeks before the wedding to understand what we were looking for in each moment, and was super organized. He kept the dance floor going all night. We got lots of compliments from friends and family about him. Would absolutely recommend!

Emily · Married on 10/21/2017

DJ Ryan was professional and friendly from the first day we starting talking with him. He did an incredible job as the dj at our wedding on 10/21/2017. Our guests were dancing from the minute he put the first song on until the last. We had multiple friends and family tell us that he was the best dj they had ever heard at a wedding. We very much agree! DJ Ryan is awesome to work with and will make sure your wedding guests are dancing and enjoying every bit of the reception. We couldn't have asked for anything more in a dj and highly recommend Ryan.

Sent on 10/29/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Emily and Joe, thank you so much! Your review makes me feel awesome — I'm so glad you and your guests had an excellent time and were impressed by my DJ skills. : ) It was great working and celebrating with you, best of luck and have fun!
  • Kiel

Kiel · Married on 09/23/2017

An amazing experience from start to finish. Easy to communicate with, arranged our first meeting quickly and met him in person. Super friendly, energetic, just very personable. He walked us through his services and helped us get a feel for what to expect from a DJ. And his pricing was amazingly affordable. If I could rate higher than 5 stars for value, I absolutely would.

Once we selected him, he would communicate via email with gentle reminders about selecting our playlist, and he was very accommodating to specific songs we wanted played (or not played), and was 100% on point for the first dances (starting the song on cue, fading out at the right time). He was a fantastic MC for our reception and kept the music going all night. Just a wonderful experience with DJ Ryan all the way around. I would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 10/10/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

SHUCKS SHUCKS SHUCKS thank you so much Kiel! Reading your review makes me feel awesome. : ) It was excellent working and celebrating with you; best of luck and take care!!

Ryan · Married on 09/17/2017

Ryan is awesome! If you want to have a great dance party, with smooth transitions and an energy that gets all of your guests on the dance floor, he is your guy. He is great at communicating, and has a booklet that helps you through the decision-making process. Ryan also does a great job as MC, and made us feel comfortable and confident as we went through our cocktail hour and reception. Many of our guests told my wife and I that he was the best DJ they have ever seen at a wedding!

Sent on 09/24/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you Ryan!! You and your guests were a blast to spin for; so thrilled that you had an great time! : ) : )

Taylor · Married on 05/28/2017

My husband knew Ryan from their high school days and suggested on a whim that we book him for our wedding, and I'm so glad that we did. He was excellent to work with and very enthusiastic. He really listened to what we were interested in and had a great vibe at our reception. I think he may have gotten the most compliments out of anyone/anything there!

Sent on 06/06/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Taylor! Ooooh I'm so glad you and your guests had an awesome time and loved the music!! This was my first time really spinning for someone that I already know from before, and you and your families made it so excellent. Everyone was so warm and friendly. Thank you!! : )

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

If you want a dance party, you have to book DJ Ryan. He worked with us to build a playlist of songs we loved and that we knew our guests would love, and he absolutely nailed it the day of our wedding. He has a great sound system and lighting situation, too, which made it easy to sort of "one stop shop" for our reception. On top of that, he also has a great personality as an MC to "host" your wedding. All our guests loved him, we loved him and we were all sore the next day from dancing so hard!

Sent on 05/31/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much, Kate! That was definitely the biggest wedding I've done so far — it was awesome to see all those people dancing their hearts out. You are awesome! : )

Patty · Married on 05/13/2017

DJ Ryan the DJ played at my daughters wedding on May 13, 2017. He was very easy to work with and very efficient. He did an awesome job. He played the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception. We received many compliments and they are still coming in. I would highly recommend DJ Ryan.

Sent on 05/24/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much, Patty! You were great about communication so you and your crew were easy to work with, too. Glad to hear people had a great time, thank you for recommending me!! : )

Anne Marie · Married on 03/25/2017

DJ Ryan was our wedding DJ in Spring 2017. He was FABULOUS! We had to fire the DJ we hired more than a year in advance about 1 month before our wedding. Our DOC sent us DJ Ryan's information, we met with him, and booked him right away. He is so fun and lively and will keep your party going and guests entertained. He was funny, nice, and accommodating, all things that were lacking with the previous DJ. We are so happy that DJ Ryan was our DJ!! We actually feel like it was a blessing having to find someone new at the last second and be able to hire DJ Ryan. There isn't one thing we would have changed about our wedding day, especially the reception, and that is in large part due to Ryan. THANKS RYAN!!

Sent on 05/25/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much, Anne Marie! I couldn't believe how much energy you and your guests had — your wedding was so much fun! It really warms me to hear that what could have been a stressful situation for you turned out to be an awesome one. You are awesome! : )

Anna · Married on 03/18/2017

DJ Ryan was incredible! We hired him through Anything Music and were thrilled to have him. He met with us ahead of time and listened to all of our thoughts about the wedding. He came to the rehearsal as we had requested and put us at ease. He arrived on time the day of the wedding and was able to provide amplification for the ceremony and provided a great atmosphere for the reception! He listened to our taste in music and provided excellent music for dinner, took requests from guests as we had asked, and was extremely accommodating when family members wanted to speak to the group. He also served as our MC and was very professional and fun. He introduced the wedding party, announced which tables could go to the buffet, etc. etc. I would absolutely book him again or recommend him to a friend who is having a wedding or other event!

Sent on 03/20/2017

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Anna, thank you so much! I'm so glad that you felt at ease and enjoyed the reception. It was awesome working with you. Thank you so much for recommending me! : )

Lauren · Married on 11/19/2016

Ryan was so amazing! Everyone at our wedding had a blast and kept saying how great of a DJ he was. He was super flexible with last minute changes to our dances especially when my Dad wanted to do a special remix to surprise me. The dance floor was packed the entire time and it was a super fun wedding! I definitely recommend hiring him as your DJ!

Mica · Married on 10/16/2016

We went with DJ Ryan Levin for our wedding and he did not disappoint! We met with Ryan before the wedding and he was wonderful! Originally I had asked Ryan to stick with my playlist (I am picky with music) and he stuck with it as planned.. I enjoyed it (of course) but it wasn't bringing people to the dance floor.. I ran to Ryan and gave him free reign to play anything he wanted, and thank goodness I did! Within minutes the dance floor was packed! My suggestion to any bride or groom when it comes to the music, let the DJ do his thing! Especially DJ Ryan, because he knows what people want to hear and what will bring them to their feet! My only regret is not giving him the green light sooner. I also loved that he danced along to the music no matter what, I had a few guests tell me it made them feel more comfortable about getting on the dance floor. Ryan saved the day and got the party moving! We cannot thank him enough! I would definitely recommend DJ Ryan for your upcoming wedding! Thank you Ryan for everything!

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2016

I would book Ryan 100 times over!!! He was easy to work with and very accommodating. During our first conversation he went over all of the details about the rehearsal and wedding day and answered all of our questions regarding music and progression of the night. Leading up to the big day he was quick to respond to emails that tied up any loose ends. He did a great job during the rehearsal and even joined us for dinner that evening, where he mingled with our friends and family as if we had known him for ages! His personality was infectious and he was a perfect addition to our wedding. He directed our guests to and from cocktail hour, dinner, and to the dance floor! He had my entire family out on the dance floor the entire night. We had so much fun and I cannot say enough good things about Ryan. Thank you so much for being apart of our special day. You made it so memorable and we enjoyed your company immensely!!!

-Aaron & Melissa Spain

Nicholas · Married on 10/01/2016

Be sure to meet face to face with DJ Ryan. He was a wonderful DJ and played all of the songs we requested and mixed in his own! Everyone loved the music. Highly recommend him for anyone looking for a DJ!

Layla · Married on 10/01/2016

I am so glad DJ Ryan was our DJ at our wedding. He has such a fun personality and was a pleasure to work with. We met in person prior to the wedding and walked around the venue so that he could get an idea of how to set things up beforehand, and then we kept in touch by email and over the phone to discuss music selections. Unlike some other DJs, he actually honored our play list and did not play anything we didn't want to hear. He played everything I wanted him to play, plus he mixed in other songs that worked well, too. Most of our guests were on the dance floor and I didn't stop dancing until the party was over. We had so many compliments from our guests about how good the DJ was. I would highly recommend DJ Ryan The DJ to anyone searching for a wedding DJ. He'll play everything you want him to and nothing you don't want him to!