DJ Ryan The DJ Reviews

57 | Durham, NC

57 Reviews for DJ Ryan The DJ

Sueanna Alter · Getting married on 07/05/2022

Fantastic experience

DJ Ryan is a fantastic DJ, and a genuinely great person to have at your reception. He was incredibly flexible, which I am extremely grateful for, and made our wedding during the time of COVID feel joyful and light. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 11/03/2020

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Sueanna!! It is such a delight to hear that we were able to create some joy and lightness together this year. : ) Best of luck and thank you!!

Anna Manning · Getting married on 10/02/2021

DJ Ryan - One of the best choices we made!!!

Choosing Ryan as the DJ for our wedding was one of the BEST decisions I made! Working with Ryan was a wonderful experience. He was super easy to communicate with and has all kinds of information and suggestions to help with choosing songs for all of the big moments at the reception. He kept our dance floor FULL all night and somehow played the most perfect playlist for our guests without even knowing them. He is so talented at what he does and I will recommend him without hesitation to anyone. Many of our guests have commented at how great the DJ was (even weeks after the wedding!) and how our reception was so fun because of him. If you choose Ryan as your DJ I can promise that you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 03/06/2020

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Anna, thank you so much for your review!! I am thrilled to hear that you and your guests had a great time and that we were able to create such a fun and memorable experience for your friends and family. And self. : )
  • Amanda

Amanda Dry · Married on 12/05/2020

We love DJ Ryan the DJ

We loved the fun atmosphere that DJ Ryan created at our wedding reception. DJ Ryan was the dj for my brother's wedding in May of 2019 as well as my wedding in December of 2020. I am still receiving compliments on the music selections and fun dancing that is due all to DJ Ryan. Ryan is quick to respond and always professional. Ryan helped us create the loving and fun reception that we had hoped for. He also ensured that our ceremony went smoothly by working with musicians, pastor, and live stream videographer. I would recommend DJ Ryan to anyone getting married in Raleigh in the surrounding areas (we got married at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina). I wish I could relive dancing all night at our wedding- thanks DJ Ryan!

Sent on 12/28/2020
  • Alissa

Alissa Pollack · Married on 10/11/2020

Amazing Music with a Personal Touch

Ryan is just such an amazing DJ! The way he seamlessly blended music from different eras, and genres kept the party rolling throughout the night. It is clear he puts a lot of passion and effort into what he does to ensure that the celebration is even better than you could have hoped for.

On top of that, he was extremely attentive to our ceremony. Throughout the night, he found ways to incorporate moments from our vows (which had some music lyrics) into what he played. That thoughtfulness alone would earn him high praise.

We highly recommend him for any event, wedding related or otherwise.

Sent on 11/15/2020

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Alissa!! You were a delight to work with I am so happy to hear that you and your guests had a great time. : ) You dropping music lyrics in your ceremony is a huge treat for your DJ, by the way. Hope you are staying warm and feeling safe, thank you again for having me as a part of your big day!!
  • Ellie

Ellie Kavanagh · Married on 10/10/2020

Best DJ There Is!

My husband and I could not have been happier with hiring DJ Ryan the DJ for our wedding! Due to Covid, we went from having a large wedding to a very small micro wedding, and I was concerned that with such few guests, they wouldn't have as much fun - that was certainly not the case! Ryan played all the jams and everyone danced and had a blast. He was so helpful in accommodating all of our requests, including several song mash-ups and last-minute changes to our reception introduction. Not only is Ryan extremely talented, but he is also just an all-around great guy. Do yourself a favor and hire him for your wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2020

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Ellie, thank you so much for your review!! You and your guests were super fun and I'm really glad you had an awesome time. : ) Thank you again for having me as a part of your special day. Best of luck and keep me in mind for your next NON covid-restricted party!!

Michael Gurley · Married on 04/05/2020

Stellar, professional service

We hired Ryan for our daughter's wedding, and he very adeptly handled the date and venue changes and completely re-tooled his role for the wedding under the gathering restrictions of COVID-19. Thank you, DJ Ryan, for contributing to a lovely wedding and reception. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 09/30/2020

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I really, really appreciated how seriously you took the safety of your guests and vendors, and I loved the creative ways you found to throw a party under very challenging circumstances. It is wonderful to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed working with me. : ) Hope you are staying safe and warm!!
  • Allie

Allie Parker · Married on 02/09/2020

The best choice!

The punchline is: Ryan delivered the epic wedding dance party of our dreams! The entire process with Ryan was easy and comfortable, from our first conversation through the wedding. He handled music for both our ceremony and reception and made everything super easy and was helpful all along the way - he checked in with us, was responsive, and gave us suggestions and ideas when we had questions. Plus, it’s so clear that he truly loves doing this and cares about making sure you and your guests have an amazing time! From the jump, we told him that our number one priority was making sure people stayed on the dance floor. Ryan completely killed it. Throughout the night, from speeches through to the dance party, he subtly guided everyone right where they needed to be, playing perfect songs for the moment and getting people hyped up and excited. We danced all night and everyone talked about how insanely fun it was. Truly could not have asked for more! Do not hesitate to have him be part of your day!

Sent on 10/27/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Allie!!! It is so wonderful to hear that everything was easy for you and you had an amazing time. You and your guests were a super fun crowd — very rewarding to me as a DJ. : > Thank you again for having me. Best of luck, and hit me up when you're ready to throw another killer dance party!!
  • Jes

Jes Coggins · Married on 11/23/2019

My new best friend

I love this human. Not only did they do a phenomenal job, they are a pretty awesome human and a joy to be around.

Sent on 11/24/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Got dang, Jes. You are a human with so much love to give and I find that completely inspiring. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your celebration, and for sharing your kind words here, and for existing in the universe and being full of joy and love. Best of luck!!!
  • Faith

Faith · Married on 11/23/2019

Awesome experience!

Ryan was a delight to have DJing at our wedding and did an amazing job taking all of our different song requests/suggestions to keep guests dancing and having fun all night. I also very much appreciate that he took my suggestion to play as much of Lizzo’s discography as possible very seriously :D Super fun and would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/03/2020

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Faith!! Thank you so much for sharing your super fun experience here; I had an absolute blast at your wedding and I was honored to be a part of it. Your request for Lizzo was music to my ears — I have gotten in trouble before for playing Lizzo at the wrong time, so I've had to learn to be more careful. Your suggestion really set the party free. : D Best of luck to you both and thank you again!!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2019

Fantastic!

Where to begin?!?! Ryan was absolutely fantastic from our first meeting until the last song at the reception. He was thorough, professional, responded to all my emails quickly, and allowed us to enjoy our wedding because we didn't have a single worry about the music all night! Ryan handled the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, first dances, and reception. Let me tell you... he kept the party GOING! The dance floor was literally full the entire night and people raved about him! I couldn't have dreamed of a more fun and perfect wedding! You will love him, your guests will love him, everyone will LOVE him!

Sent on 10/16/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Rachel!! So glad you were able to have a purely enjoyable, worry-free wedding. : D Thank you for having me at your wedding and inviting a bunch of guests who love to dance; makes my job pretty darn easy to be honest. : P Best of luck to you both and thank you so much!!

J B · Married on 10/08/2019

Great DJ - set the tone!

DJ Ryan really set the tone for our wedding! He incorporated all of our choices and some similar sounds expertly and his smooth transitions kept everyone engaged on the dance floor throughout the night - really easy to work with and very responsive at all steps along the way!

Sent on 11/29/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey there J, thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am so glad you had a smooth experience working with me and got to see all your friends and family dancing together at your wedding. : ) Thank you again for having me, best of luck to you both!!

Lindsey Miller · Married on 10/05/2019

Easy Choice!

Ryan was absolutely fantastic, from the first time we met with him through the very end of our reception. He was organized, proactive, and personable, and he kept people on the dance floor all night, appealing to all ages and dance inclinations. We didn't have an official wedding coordinator, but Ryan kept the evening moving smoothly, even when we had to change the timeline last-minute. He consulted with us when necessary, but managed all the little details with finesse.

We had multiple people tell us that he was literally the best DJ they'd ever had, and we couldn't agree more. We are so glad we picked DJ Ryan the DJ, and we can't recommend him highly enough (and we're excited to attend the future weddings of friends who requested his business card at the end of the night).

Sent on 10/09/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Ooooh Lindsey I'm so glad you had an awesome time!! You were awesome to work with — I'm glad that you gave me the chance to work out my coordinator muscles with such a fun-loving, easygoing crew. And of course, your guests killed it on the dance floor. : D Looking forward to seeing you again at your friends' weddings of course — best of luck to you both and thank you again!!!
  • Liz

Liz Hurley · Married on 09/11/2019

Phenomenal DJ, so fun to work with!

Best DJ ever! Seriously, we enjoyed working with Ryan so much. Before our wedding my husband and I were blown away by Ryan's responsiveness and helpfulness in finding certain songs, helping us decide what music would flow best together, and his organization. He was super flexible and we were so impressed with how he tied all our requests together on our wedding day. On our wedding day Ryan was so much fun! His energy is incredible! He tied in guests requests flawlessly and kept the party going all night. Everything from our ceremony sound to our last dance went off without a hitch because of him. We could not recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 11/27/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Liz, thank you so much for your super kind review!! I am so glad you had an easy experience working with me and a great time at your wedding. : ) Best of luck to you!!
  • Megan

Megan Falls · Married on 08/24/2019

Thank you Ryan!!

If Ryan is available and you are getting married in or near Raleigh, don’t think any more on your dj choice - book him ASAP!

From the beginning he was professional- as well as very thorough in getting to know what our musical preferences were. He’s so flexible too - we prescribed certain songs but also let him read the dance floor. And he delivered. Most of our guests danced the night away - we could not have asked for a better experience !!

Thank you Ryan!!

Megan & Sachin

Sent on 09/22/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Megan and Sachin!! Thank you so much for having me and leaving this lovely review!! Your song requests were spot-on and you and your guests definitely did most of the work keeping the party alive. : D I'm so glad to hear you had an awesome experience. Best of luck!!!

JD Brannock · Married on 07/20/2019

Above and beyond

We are so happy we found Ryan - he was absolutely fantastic. From the early planning to the Big Day, he was professional, helpful, and just a great person to work with. The owner of our venue has been hosting weddings for 11 years and she told us he was the best DJ she's ever had at the venue - no exaggeration, that's what she said. As the DOC I think she was mostly impressed with his professionalism, willingness to help, and attention to detail in getting everything set up and running smoothly.

As the couple, we were impressed with the way he used the music we wanted, mixed in music that he thought we'd like based on our choices (he was right), and the way he kept the party going. Almost all of our guests were on the dance floor from dinner to last call. It was a blast.

If your wedding is within a few hours of Raleigh and Ryan is available, book him. You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/28/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey there JD, thank you so much for your review!! It is excellent and gratifying to hear you had a great time and felt good about my services. Trade secret: if your guests were on the floor from dinner to last call, they're probably really awesome fun people — so thank you for holding up your end of the keep-the-party-going endeavor! : P I am honored to hear that I am among the most favored DJs in 11 years of weddings at that venue and I QUITE appreciate you passing that along. You and your crew were awesome to work with, thank you so much and best of luck to you!!!

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2019

Most Amazing DJ

We had Ryan DJ our wedding on June 8th, 2019 and lets just say we still have guests telling us how much they loved him! I could not recommend him enough! He is so talented and knows exactly how to make people feel comfortable and get out on the dance floor. From the moment we met him I was sold, he is the most kind and funny and just amazing person. He sis our ceremony and reception and everything went flawlessly even though we had rain with a change of plans. He is so easy to work with and we are so happy we had him with us on our special day. The most memorable for me was when he found out I'm a Disney fan and took it upon himself to play Beauty and the Beast out of nowhere! I will continued to tell everyone about him. He does not disappoint! Thank you so much Ryan for making our day so special and amazing!

Sent on 06/18/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Nicole thank you so much!! Wow, it makes me feel awesome to hear that your guests are still telling you how much they enjoyed your wedding; I'm so glad I was able to help you and your friends and family have an awesome time. :D I still can't believe you didn't tell me earlier how much you love Disney. We could have bonded over it. :P Your family did help me pick which song you'd appreciate the most. I'm so glad you had an amazing time. Thank you again for having me and for sharing your kind words here on my page. Best of luck to you, have fun out there!!
  • Aidan

Aidan Harbison · Married on 04/13/2019

Believe every single 5-star review, Ryan is the best!

Ryan came highly recommended by our wedding planner, and we couldn't be happier! Ryan is an expert in his craft, and a wonderful person to work with. He was always very responsive and thorough in communications leading up to the wedding. We did not actually meet in-person until the day of, but this was not a problem at all. Ryan made sure that he went through all of our special requests and questions well ahead of the event.

If you are looking for the best DJ for your special day, look no further! Ryan is your guy. Hands down.

Sent on 04/25/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Aidan, thank you so much for sharing your experience! It is so wonderful to hear that you were pleased with how everything went. I for one had a magnificent time at your wedding — your venue was gorgeous and the vibe that you and your guests created was perfect. It was a while ago, but I think one of your groomsmen is my son now? Tell him I'm proud of him. Anyway, thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation, and best of luck to you!!

Erin · Married on 03/10/2019

THE BEST--a DJ Extraordinaire!

We cannot say enough good things about Ryan. Not only is he just fun to be around, but he made sure our wedding was everything we hoped it would be. My husband and I made the questionable decision of planning a wedding during grad school, and compounded the insanity by planning everything ourselves. Ryan made time with us before the wedding to sit down TWICE (over churros at Cocoa Cinnamon--he has good taste too) to go over everything that we envisioned--from timeline to which of our guests to accept song requests from (there are always a few who cannot be trusted...). Day-of, Ryan arrived at the venue early to set up, and truly ran the show for us. He deftly shepherded our guests from ceremony, to dinner, to dancing--always checking in with us to make sure we were ready to move onto the next step. As someone who can definitely be described as a "talker" I was so glad to have extra time after dinner to chat with guests before we moved onto dinner, and Ryan made the time shift effortless. Our wedding was a huge success, and my husband and I are so lucky that we found Ryan to be a part of it!

Sent on 06/10/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Insanity . . . OR GENIUS?? Well, only you know how challenging it was to handle all that at once, but you handled it with grace and skill. Your wedding was fantastic and I was so happy to be a part of it and help you have a wonderful time. : ) I know your guests appreciated you making sure you got to spend some solid time with them. And of course, there was still plenty of time for everybody to go hard with the dancing. : D Hit me up when you're ready for your next killer dance party (or board game party ^_^;) and best of luck to you both!! Thank you so much!!

Sarah · Married on 02/17/2019

DJ Ryan is the best

Ryan is nothing short of fantastic. We hired him after attending a friend's wedding, where he kept the dancing going through the night. In the months leading up to our wedding, he was the consummate professional: attentive, thorough, responsive, thoughtful, and a pleasure to work with. On our wedding day, he was there setting up hours before the ceremony began. He facilitated the sound and music for our ceremony, the mics for our toasts, and mc'ing our reception, and did all of it perfectly. We had specific music requests (both what to play and what not to play), and Ryan handled this without a problem. We loved that our music felt like us, and not a generic wedding playlist. When it came time to dance, Ryan did a wonderful job, with seamless transitions between songs and song selections that kept everyone on the dance floor. Many of our guests told us afterwards that they thought our DJ was great. We would wholeheartedly recommend Ryan to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 03/03/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Sarah. Thank you so much for saying all these nice things about me. Your selections were perfect and the wedding was fabulous. I'm so thrilled to hear you and your guests had an awesome time — that's what makes my job super fun!! So excited for you and your future together, thank you again for having me!!

Emily Welker · Married on 01/06/2019

Absolutely perfect!

DJ Ryan was the best DJ we could have possibly asked for. He DJ'd our wedding at Motorco and did a fantastic job. He was very professional, fun, and organized throughout our entire wedding planning process. The day of our wedding he did everything exactly how we asked and our guests raved about him. He also went above and beyond and pitched in with things at our venue that were not part of his job like moving chairs etc. Really cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 06/03/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Emily!! Thank you so much for your excellent review; I'm so glad your guests had a good time and you had the experience you were hoping for! Your requests were perfect and everyone loved your selections. Also your crowd was L I T. Almost scary lit. Which is the mark of a fantastic party. So, well done. Best of luck to you both, thank you again for having me!!
  • Emily

Emily Tosco · Married on 12/31/2018

NYE Wedding 12/31/18

Oh my goodness, I couldn’t recommend a DJ more than DJ Ryan. Seriously, I can’t imagine how anyone could do better. My husband and I first experienced Ryan’s talent at a friend’s wedding, and when we ended up getting engaged shortly after, we both knew we couldn’t go with any other. Ryan is professional, easy-going, and knows how to keep a crowd on the dance floor all night. I had several ideas in mind for the ceremony music and even a few odd ideas for the reception that Ryan easily made work. Our wedding music was one of the most important parts of our wedding to my husband and I, and Ryan couldn’t have helped make the music any more perfect. We are still receiving so many compliments on Ryan after the wedding, even from a fellow wedding DJ guest himself! Ryan, we can never thank you enough!!
    Emily and Andrew

Sent on 01/02/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Emily and Andrew!! What a blast. It was such a treat to ring in the new year with you and your guests at your super cool wedding venue. I thought I would get sleepy staying up so late but NOPE y'all are way too fun for that!! So glad I was able to bring the noise and help you impress your guests and have an awesome time. Your "odd ideas" were perfect and everybody seemed to be having so much fun! : ) Thank you so much, take care!!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 12/29/2018

DJ Ryan is incredible!

Hire DJ Ryan for your wedding right now and you will not be disappointed!! Ryan was recommended to us by our wedding officiant, and we are so happy we found him! From the very beginning, he was so friendly and easy to talk to. He communicated with us reliably and we had no doubts he would be a great asset to our wedding. He did a wonderful job of music for our serene wintery ceremony, kept the background music going during dinner, then got everyone out on the dance floor for the last 2 hours of our wedding. He also helped manage our timeline and emceed the whole evening flawlessly. We provided really specific timing for our first dance, father/daughter dance, and mother/son dance and he executed them beautifully. We had friends and family of all ages on the floor and it never cleared! He actually blends songs together unlike a lot of other DJs we have heard at other events, and he doesn't linger on any one song for too long, which kept things interesting. We had so many compliments about Ryan from our wedding guests, and we are thrilled to recommend him to anyone looking for a great dance party!

Sent on 01/02/2019

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey there Laura!! Thank you so much for your super-sweet review. It was a total delight to be a part of your beautiful wedding and spin for you and your energetic guests. : ) You and your husband are so sweet; every interaction with you was easy and wonderful. I'm so happy you loved the coordination (your venue staff was super awesome about that too, by the way!) and the song timing, and the dance party, and the everything else. : D Best of luck, thank you so much!!

Logann Perry · Married on 11/17/2018

His sideburns are full of secrets, that's why they're so big!

I cannot begin to put into words how much I appreciate the work Ryan has done for me. My fiance (now husband) owns and operates a DJ and Entertainment group, and our Best Man happened to be one of the DJs on staff. So unfortunately, we were in quite a lurch when it came to music, after all, I basically had a DJ in the family.
    When we first met Ryan we explained our situation; that we had extensive experience, equipment, and a firm idea of what we wanted the reception to be like. We were going to supply all the equipment, all Ryan needed to do was make the magic happen. And oh boy did he. He took our playlists as inspiration and RAN with it, I honestly do not remember sitting down once the party started.
    Ryan was AWESOME. He even let our DJ/BestMan do a set, talk about flexibility!
    I highly recommend DJ Ryan!

Sent on 11/29/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Logann!! Your review title made me laugh so hard, thank you for that. : D I have to admit I was a little intimidated about spinning for folks with so much DJ experience and great musical taste, but no need — you and your whole crowd were as fun as can be. Plus, I got to enjoy another DJ's set; talk about a treat! I am thrilled that you had an awesome time and danced all night, that's just what I love to hear. Thank you so much for having me!!

Megan O'connor · Married on 11/10/2018

THE DJ of all the DJs!!!

Our photographer Adam Chapin Photography recommended DJ Ryan and we are so happy he did! We wanted someone personable, easygoing, and who would keep people dancing all night! He was fantastic and was able to put together an amazing playlist from all the crazy different genres of music we asked for from jazzy lounge music, to 90s rock, to todays hits! Ryan is an awesome DJ and just an overall awesome person! My husband Ryan and I seriously adored Ryan and highly recommend you hire him!

Sent on 11/15/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Megan!! I'm so glad (and flattered) the amazing Adam Chapin Phototgraphy recommended me because you were absolutely a delight to spin for. I loved your eclectic requests and your guests really know how to have a great time — makes my job super fun. : ) You are awesome, best of luck!!

Rebecca · Married on 11/03/2018

DJ Ryan the DJ rocks!

DJ Ryan the DJ rocks! He was easygoing, very professional, and created an amazing vibe at our wedding. He also went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day (and rehearsal day) went flawless. Thanks DJ Ryan the DJ!

Sent on 11/07/2018

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca! Your wedding was gorgeous and a ton of fun. It was a pleasure to be there and work with you. So glad to hear you loved the vibe and had a great time; best of luck!!