DJ Ryan The DJ Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Sueanna A. Getting married on 07/05/2022

Fantastic experience

DJ Ryan is a fantastic DJ, and a genuinely great person to have at your reception. He was incredibly flexible, which I am extremely grateful for, and made our wedding during the time of COVID feel joyful and light. I can't recommend him highly enough.

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Sueanna!! It is such a delight to hear that we were able to create some joy and lightness together this year. : ) Best of luck and thank you!!
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas K. Married on 01/03/2022

Exceeded All Expectations

Ryan assumed our DJ/MC services in the waning hours of planning our wedding - our initial DJ dropped out just 3 weeks prior to the big day. I contacted Ryan, who took over with such high levels of professionalism, engagement, and detail-orientedness that put all of my worries (generated from our initial DJ's dropout) to rest.

Ryan conducted our planning, wedding ceremony, and reception beautifully. My wife and I provided him with a simple and very general list of music styles that we were expecting to be played at our reception - Ryan used his expertise and experience, read the crowd, and played such a fun and engaging medley of music. We could not have asked for a better experience than the one he provided. This is also not to mention that Ryan conducts himself with autonomy and class - he communicated with us and our wedding coordinator early enough (despite the short time frame) that we were able to spend the day on us and not have to worry about details pertaining to organization and setup.

We wholeheartedly would recommend Ryan for any event, especially any wedding.

If we could rank Ryan higher than the maximum allowed in these reviews, we would!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Nick, thank you so much for your kind and detailed review! So happy you had an awesome experience. : )
  • Emily
    Emily P. Married on 01/02/2022

Dream Wedding DJ

My husband and I recently got married in February 2021, and were so thoroughly impressed with the experience we had with Ryan! We originally learned about Ryan through friends who had invited him to DJ their wedding. We were guests at this event, and remember the reception being a total blast thanks to the outstanding music selection and energy that DJ Ryan exhibited. From our initial consultation with Ryan, we knew he would be an irreplaceable fit for our vendor team. It was evident that he truly enjoyed his work and the unique impact he could make on how each wedding would be remembered. He takes a very individualized approach to designing the perfect plan for each wedding, and is very gifted and comfortable in curating a music selection based on your wedding theme or general tastes as a couple. Since we did not have specific lists for song selections (except for parts of the ceremony), we discussed our ideal wedding vibe and gave Ryan the creative freedom to make our vision come to life. Due to COVID, we decided to have a dancing-free reception with our very intimate group of guests, and instead hosted a barcade reception where family groups could play vintage nintendo games on projectors, cornhole, classic tabletops games, etc. DJ Ryan created the PERFECT mix for our cocktail hour, dinner service, and reception. He incorporated some of our favorite music genres with lo-fi renditions of songs from our most loved games, and our friends were all blown away when they recognized some of their favorite themes in the playlist. Our wedding had such a magical feel thanks to Ryan, all while promoting a safe and distanced atmosphere to best follow COVID protocols. We would recommend his expertise with total confidence to any bride and groom!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Emily, thank you so much for your review!! I had such a good time making that playlist for you and I am so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed the atmosphere. : )
  • Amanda
    Amanda H. Married on 10/03/2021

The Absolute BEST!!

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding - Ryan is seriously the BEST!! He was amazing to work with from his organization to communication to flexibility. He is extremely knowledgable and offered fantastic song suggestions, but was willing to play any and all song requests (even down to specific versions!). His personality is the perfect mix of professional meets positive and energetic to get (and keep!) the party going. He gave us the dance party of our dreams and all of our guests were raving! I honestly can't recommend DJ Ryan the DJ enough!
  • Christina
    Christina S. Married on 09/11/2021

Blew Us Away

We were able to work with DJ Ryan the DJ off of our venue's recommendation and it is incredibly obvious why he came with such accolades.

The dance floor was the most essential part of my wedding for me and DJ Ryan the DJ helped keep it packed and the energy high. He plays the BEST parts of every song and is able to blend songs from one to the next so that the party stays rolling without interruption.

He is well educated and was able to make suggestions based on guidelines for our ceremony. He is professional - he made sure he could pronounce all the names in our wedding party and worked closely with our wedding planner when I called an audible in the middle of the reception to make a change to be able to open the dance floor sooner.

Stop searching for your DJ and hire DJ Ryan the DJ. Hands down the vendor we got the most compliments on and one we will talk about for years to come.

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Christina, thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! So happy we could keep your party rolling and win you tons of compliments from your guests. : ) : )
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer H. Married on 08/02/2021

Amazing to work with!

As a wedding photographer, I love working with Ryan!
    I know he is going to keep the party going and get everyone on the dance floor! Not only is he great at his job, but he's also super kind and easy to work with!
    If you want your night to be a blast and run smooth, hire Ryan!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Jennifer, thank you so much for your review! It is always a delight working with you and seeing your amazing albums when they're ready. : ) Hope to work with you again soon!!!
  • Laura
    Laura G. Married on 07/24/2021

Best DJ out there

I cannot say enough great things about Ryan. He was very professional and knowledgeable about his profession. Throughout the whole planning process he answered all my questions in a timely manner and was so organized. I really appreciated his planning packet that he provided. It helped us pick out all the songs for the ceremony and reception events as well as giving us an extensive music list to help with reception music. Many of our guests have made a point to reach out to me and tell me how much they enjoyed DJ Ryan the DJ and that he really knew how to keep the party going! I would highly recommend Ryan for your event!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey there Laura, thank you so much for your kind review!! Really glad you felt organized and supported in your planning. And that you got lots of good feedback from your guests for your great taste. : ) Thank you for having me there!!
    Alexandra B. Married on 05/23/2021

Thank you Ryan!

Planning a wedding during Covid was tricky to say the least, but Ryan was incredibly flexible and easy to work with. He was so patient with our complicated Jewish music requests and our ever-changing timeline. On the day of, he was great at energizing the crowd and dealing with any last-minute changes and issues that came up. He really helped make it a wonderful event and it wouldn't have been nearly as fun and memorable without his help!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey there Alexandra!! Your wedding was awesome — your guests danced harder to those Jewish music requests than any I'd ever seen. I am so happy you felt you had an easy time planning music for your super fun and memorable event. : ) Thank you so much for your review!!
  • Claire
    Claire V. Married on 05/22/2021

Easiest decision we made

DJ RYAN THE DJ!!!!! Everyone talks about their “easiest choice” for their wedding vendors. Let me tell you -- It. Is. Choosing. Ryan! Stop what you’re doing and hire him!

He is so professional, responsive, and organized AND has a top-notch, energetic personality! Ryan went out of his way at every step of the process to keep us informed and happy. He made me feel like I was the most important person on his list from the moment we hired him. Whether you already know every song you want played or you have no idea where to start, he is your guy!

He made our reception the ultimate party! We received so many compliments. Multiple people told us he was the best DJ they’ve ever seen! You will not regret having him in your life.

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Claire!! Thank you so, so much for your extremely kind review. It feels so good to hear you felt cared for and happy throughout planning, and I love that you got tons of compliments on your great taste for you dance party. : ) Thank you so much for having me as a part of your wedding!!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 05/01/2021

Look no further for the best DJ in town!

If you are looking for an incredible DJ for your wedding, look no further. DJ Ryan was great to work with from start to finish. My husband and I gave him a very particular music list to work with because we are such music buffs and Ryan executed the music perfectly. He and my day of coordinator said guests were coming up to him all night complimenting him on the music. When it came time to dance, he played every song we requested and the music flowed with perfection. We could not have had the night we had without Ryan. HIRE HIM!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea!! Your selections were perfect and you and your guests were awesome. All music compliments should go straight to you. : )
    Kelsie P. Married on 04/30/2021

Best DJ around!!

First Ryan is such a pleasure to work with! He made our reception dreams come true and really listened to what we wanted! I was able to give him a playlist of a lot of the songs I wanted to have played and it was so easy to work with him! He has a really fun and great attitude and made the night so wonderful! I don't think I left the dance floor for more than three songs! He also did a wonderful job on the ceremony music and I think his pricing is very good for the quality of service he provides. Thanks again Ryan :)

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsie!! So glad you had an easy time with planning and you got to live out your wedding reception dreams. : ) Thank you for having me there!!
    Erin B. Married on 04/23/2021

Highly recommend!

DJ Ryan the DJ was AMAZING! If we could give him more than 5 stars we would. He was extremely responsive prior to wedding, friendly and kept the party going all night long. He was so great at introducing the whole party and keeping the transitions smooth. All our guests loved him as well. We couldn't recommend him more!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Erin, thank you so much!! So glad you were were able to impress your guests and have an amazing time. Really appreciate you recommending me; thank you for having me at your wedding!!
    Brett B. Married on 04/23/2021

Amazing Reception

Ryan helped make our reception the best celebration. His mixing of songs and transitions kept people dancing, he allowed for requests and special moments between friends and family. With Ryan, he can recommend great music or let you build a playlist all your own. Can't recommend him enough for any wedding.

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Brett! Really appreciate you sharing your experience and I'm so happy to hear you loved your celebration. : )
  • Erin
    Erin P. Married on 02/06/2021

Personalized Playlist

DJ Ryan recently did a phenomenal job catering the evenings entertainment to fit the needs of me, my husband, and our wedding guests from ceremony to reception! He was very professional in his communication and whenever I had a special request or question during the planning stages, he was prompt in his responses and followed through. He was flexible when I wasn't sure what I would really need in the beginning of the booking stages for the day of and there was never a glitch. DJ Ryan made everything sound great, flow smoothly, transition well, and all who attended young and old had the chance to boogie the night away to a favorite tune thanks to him. We have received so much positive feedback regarding how great the music was and how much fun everyone had. Thank you!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Erin, I am so happy to hear that you and your guests had an awesome time!! Thank you for your sweet review. : )
  • Amanda
    Amanda D. Married on 12/05/2020

We love DJ Ryan the DJ

We loved the fun atmosphere that DJ Ryan created at our wedding reception. DJ Ryan was the dj for my brother's wedding in May of 2019 as well as my wedding in December of 2020. I am still receiving compliments on the music selections and fun dancing that is due all to DJ Ryan. Ryan is quick to respond and always professional. Ryan helped us create the loving and fun reception that we had hoped for. He also ensured that our ceremony went smoothly by working with musicians, pastor, and live stream videographer. I would recommend DJ Ryan to anyone getting married in Raleigh in the surrounding areas (we got married at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina). I wish I could relive dancing all night at our wedding- thanks DJ Ryan!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Amanda, yes!! I am so happy I got to celebrate with you and your family not just once, but at two amazing weddings. Thank you so much for leaving this review and saying what an excellent time you and your guests had. : )
  • Alissa
    Alissa P. Married on 10/11/2020

Amazing Music with a Personal Touch

Ryan is just such an amazing DJ! The way he seamlessly blended music from different eras, and genres kept the party rolling throughout the night. It is clear he puts a lot of passion and effort into what he does to ensure that the celebration is even better than you could have hoped for.

On top of that, he was extremely attentive to our ceremony. Throughout the night, he found ways to incorporate moments from our vows (which had some music lyrics) into what he played. That thoughtfulness alone would earn him high praise.

We highly recommend him for any event, wedding related or otherwise.

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Alissa!! You were a delight to work with I am so happy to hear that you and your guests had a great time. : ) You dropping music lyrics in your ceremony is a huge treat for your DJ, by the way. Hope you are staying warm and feeling safe, thank you again for having me as a part of your big day!!
  • Ellie
    Ellie K. Married on 10/10/2020

Best DJ There Is!

My husband and I could not have been happier with hiring DJ Ryan the DJ for our wedding! Due to Covid, we went from having a large wedding to a very small micro wedding, and I was concerned that with such few guests, they wouldn't have as much fun - that was certainly not the case! Ryan played all the jams and everyone danced and had a blast. He was so helpful in accommodating all of our requests, including several song mash-ups and last-minute changes to our reception introduction. Not only is Ryan extremely talented, but he is also just an all-around great guy. Do yourself a favor and hire him for your wedding!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Ellie, thank you so much for your review!! You and your guests were super fun and I'm really glad you had an awesome time. : ) Thank you again for having me as a part of your special day. Best of luck and keep me in mind for your next NON covid-restricted party!!
  • Kim
    Kim H. Married on 08/15/2020

Best DJ you could ever hire

DJ Ryan is the absolute best. Even though we were navigating a delayed wedding through a pandemic he was always incredibly responsive and attentive. Always willing to meet with us or answer questions by email. He was the perfect balance of asking us tons of questions to make sure we were happy with how things turned out, but also super laid back and offered great suggestions for things we didn't care as much about helping to shape. Perfect for if you want to be super hands on, or super hands off, or somewhere in the middle. He helped us throw the best party ever! Everything went so smoothly thanks to him and the dance party was AMAZING! Everyone has been complimenting us on how great the DJ was and how fun it was overall!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Kim!! Really, really happy that you could be as hands on/off as you wanted and end up with an amazing dance party and lots of compliments from your guests. You crushed it. : )
    Laura R. Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing DJ!

DJ Ryan was AMAZING! Our ceremony music was flawless, and during the reception he got EVERYONE on the dance floor! We had so many friends and family come up to us to tell us how fabulous a job they thought he did! I might be biased, but I think my wedding was the most fun wedding I’ve ever attended! 😆

DJ Ryan went above and beyond, and we appreciated all of the care and coordination that went into making our day so memorable.

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Laura, thank you so much for your review!! I am so happy to hear that you had an amazing and memorable time — great job throwing the funnest wedding you've ever been to!! : )
    Michael G. Married on 04/05/2020

Stellar, professional service

We hired Ryan for our daughter's wedding, and he very adeptly handled the date and venue changes and completely re-tooled his role for the wedding under the gathering restrictions of COVID-19. Thank you, DJ Ryan, for contributing to a lovely wedding and reception. Everyone had a great time!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I really, really appreciated how seriously you took the safety of your guests and vendors, and I loved the creative ways you found to throw a party under very challenging circumstances. It is wonderful to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed working with me. : ) Hope you are staying safe and warm!!
    Anna M. Married on 02/22/2020

DJ Ryan - One of the best choices we made!!!

Choosing Ryan as the DJ for our wedding was one of the BEST decisions I made! Working with Ryan was a wonderful experience. He was super easy to communicate with and has all kinds of information and suggestions to help with choosing songs for all of the big moments at the reception. He kept our dance floor FULL all night and somehow played the most perfect playlist for our guests without even knowing them. He is so talented at what he does and I will recommend him without hesitation to anyone. Many of our guests have commented at how great the DJ was (even weeks after the wedding!) and how our reception was so fun because of him. If you choose Ryan as your DJ I can promise that you will not regret it!!!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Anna, thank you so much for your review!! I am thrilled to hear that you and your guests had a great time and that we were able to create such a fun and memorable experience for your friends and family. And self. : )
  • Allie
    Allie P. Married on 02/09/2020

The best choice!

The punchline is: Ryan delivered the epic wedding dance party of our dreams! The entire process with Ryan was easy and comfortable, from our first conversation through the wedding. He handled music for both our ceremony and reception and made everything super easy and was helpful all along the way - he checked in with us, was responsive, and gave us suggestions and ideas when we had questions. Plus, it’s so clear that he truly loves doing this and cares about making sure you and your guests have an amazing time! From the jump, we told him that our number one priority was making sure people stayed on the dance floor. Ryan completely killed it. Throughout the night, from speeches through to the dance party, he subtly guided everyone right where they needed to be, playing perfect songs for the moment and getting people hyped up and excited. We danced all night and everyone talked about how insanely fun it was. Truly could not have asked for more! Do not hesitate to have him be part of your day!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Allie!!! It is so wonderful to hear that everything was easy for you and you had an amazing time. You and your guests were a super fun crowd — very rewarding to me as a DJ. : > Thank you again for having me. Best of luck, and hit me up when you're ready to throw another killer dance party!!
  • Jes
    Jes C. Married on 11/23/2019

My new best friend

I love this human. Not only did they do a phenomenal job, they are a pretty awesome human and a joy to be around.

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Got dang, Jes. You are a human with so much love to give and I find that completely inspiring. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your celebration, and for sharing your kind words here, and for existing in the universe and being full of joy and love. Best of luck!!!
  • Faith
    Faith Married on 11/23/2019

Awesome experience!

Ryan was a delight to have DJing at our wedding and did an amazing job taking all of our different song requests/suggestions to keep guests dancing and having fun all night. I also very much appreciate that he took my suggestion to play as much of Lizzo’s discography as possible very seriously :D Super fun and would highly recommend!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Faith!! Thank you so much for sharing your super fun experience here; I had an absolute blast at your wedding and I was honored to be a part of it. Your request for Lizzo was music to my ears — I have gotten in trouble before for playing Lizzo at the wrong time, so I've had to learn to be more careful. Your suggestion really set the party free. : D Best of luck to you both and thank you again!!
  • Liz
    Liz H. Married on 11/09/2019

Phenomenal DJ, so fun to work with!

Best DJ ever! Seriously, we enjoyed working with Ryan so much. Before our wedding my husband and I were blown away by Ryan's responsiveness and helpfulness in finding certain songs, helping us decide what music would flow best together, and his organization. He was super flexible and we were so impressed with how he tied all our requests together on our wedding day. On our wedding day Ryan was so much fun! His energy is incredible! He tied in guests requests flawlessly and kept the party going all night. Everything from our ceremony sound to our last dance went off without a hitch because of him. We could not recommend him highly enough!

DJ Ryan The DJ's reply:

Hey Liz, thank you so much for your super kind review!! I am so glad you had an easy experience working with me and a great time at your wedding. : ) Best of luck to you!!