District DJ

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,750 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,750 Most Popular Price

District DJ is an experienced wedding company offering DJs, Musicians, Lighting, Photo Booths, and more for D.C., Maryland, Virginia & beyond. In order to provide you with the best options available, we have partnered with other DJs and Musicians in the area. Our goal is to put you with the the best DJs and musicians for your wedding. If we are unavailable, we will even recommend other companies that we trust with great reputations in the area. We would love to work with you for your wedding!

Background, Jon Smithfield (Owner, DJ/MC)

My career started with the owner of a local DJ company, who heard me making announcements at a local Sheetz gas station. She came up to me and said, “Hey buddy, I believe you’re in the wrong business, you should come work with me.” (yes, seriously - can’t make this stuff up). I quickly began training and shadowing other DJs at the company, at the ripe 'ole age of 19 years. A few years later I moved to DC and started working for WeddingWire, which helped me gain even more insight into the events industry, ESPECIALLY weddings. After all of these amazing experiences, I built up the courage to start my own company - - - District DJ.

I love people and thrive off of their energy, which I return in kind. As a DJ, my greatest satisfaction comes from watching people on the dance floor moving with the music, it is truly satisfying to see people having an amazing time with friends and family.

When I'm not DJing, I enjoy blasting 90s & early 00s jams, playing video games (Warzone or Halo anyone?), visiting breweries/wineries, and hanging out with friends. Even though I’m a DJ, going to live music shows is one of my favorite things to do.

You can learn a lot about me from the amazing people that have left me reviews over the years (13 years and counting). If you are interested in having me as your DJ or one of the other awesome DJs on our team, let’s chat. We can meet over coffee and/or drinks. Your safety is my priority, so phone calls and/or video chats are available as well. Looking forward to hearing from you, talk soon!

Along with his impressive experience and vast array of music styles to choose from, District DJ also provides a variety of services to help personalize your wedding. District DJ offers the following services:

• Consultation
  • Photo Booths
  • Bilingual MC
  • Karaoke
  • Video Projection or Flat Screens

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,750

What is the starting price for a photo booth package?

$850

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

Which of the following does your starting price include?

Social Media Integration

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,750

What is the price of your most popular photo booth package?

$850

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Travel Expenses

Which of the following does your most popular package include?

Social Media Integration

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$400

What photo booth items are available?

Enclosed Booth
Flip Book
Social Media Integration

What music genres do you specialize in?

Christian
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Bilingual MC
Do-Not-Play List
Karaoke
One Event Per Day
Video Projection

What additional equipment do you offer?

Flat Screen
Photobooth
Projector
Uplighting

• Savannah
    Savannah D. Married on 06/03/2022

Jon was absolutely fantastic!

A friend of ours recommended Jon (District DJ), and we're so glad that we were able to book him! He was incredibly kind, generous, responsive, and went above and beyond in so many ways (for example, he offered us a free USB plug-in to our laptop so that the ceremony audio would come through loud & clear on our livestream). His process is thorough and thoughtful, and he genuinely cares about the folks he works with! Thank you, Jon!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer H. Married on 04/30/2022

Exactly what we wanted!

Jon was wonderful to work with from start to finish. He was personable and professional. From our initial phone call, to his online planning forms, and to our planning meeting prior to the wedding, Jon was thorough. He asked the questions we wouldn't have thought to ask to make sure every detail was covered. At the wedding, he was sure to get our input as appropriate (e.g., after he played all of our "must play" songs, he asked if there was anything else we wanted to hear before the night wrapped up). His presence was classy and fun/upbeat. Our friends raved about the songs he played and how he read the room when choosing when to speed things up or slow them down. Jon's pricing was very reasonable based on my comparison shopping, and the peace of mine and service we received was worth every penny. Thank you, Jon!
    J B Married on 03/25/2022

Without hesitation we would have Jon back for our next event. He was incredible. Communication was quick. He is thorough.

Everything from equipment to energy made Jon a hit! After the event several attendees commented they want him for their other events. The photo booth was a HUGE hit! The lights were great. Our venue gave us a mic that died and Jon jumped in to save the day. He holds face to face meetings. He replies fast. And we didn't have to get a second mortgage to hire him. No question, we want him again.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Deals

District DJ 1
Offer

If you book your wedding for a date between January and March or on a Sunday through Friday, ask about our special rates!

Pricing

Team

Jon Smithfield
Jon Smithfield
Owner, DJ/MC

Jon started District DJ a few years ago after working for several other DJ companies for many years. He makes sure that his clients and their guests truly enjoy the music and atmosphere that he provides. He does so by meeting with all of his clients to make sure that their wants, needs and expectations are understood.

With over 10 years of experience in the music and entertainment industry, Jon knows just what tunes will get the crowd on their feet. As a former event manager at a large wedding venue in Pennsylvania, he has a lot of previous experience in the wedding industry under his belt. He is also a former team member with WeddingWire. Contact us today to get Jon for your wedding or event!

Washington, DC Washington, DC, 21703
Location of (District DJ)
Frederick MD Frederick, MD, 21703