Leesburg VA, Leesburg, VA 20175 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About District DJ

District DJ is an experienced wedding DJ company that services D.C., Maryland, Virginia & beyond.

Background

My career started with the owner of a local DJ company, who heard me making announcements at a local Sheetz gas station. She came up to me and said, “Hey buddy, I believe you’re in the wrong business, you should come work with me.” (yes, seriously - can’t make this stuff up). I quickly began training and shadowing other DJs at the company, at the ripe 'ole age of 19 years. A few years later I moved to DC and started working for WeddingWire, which helped me gain even more insight into the events industry, ESPECIALLY weddings. After all of these amazing experiences, I built up the courage to start my own company - - - District DJ.

I love people and thrive off of their energy, which I return in kind. As a DJ, my greatest satisfaction comes from watching people on the dance floor moving with the music, it is truly satisfying to see people having an amazing time with friends and family.

When I'm not DJing, I enjoy blasting 90s & early 00s jams, playing video games (Warzone anyone?), visiting breweries/wineries, and hanging out with friends. Even though I’m a DJ, going to live music shows is one of my favorite things to do.

You can learn a lot about me from the amazing people that have left me reviews over the years (13 years and counting). If you are interested in having me as your DJ or one of the other awesome DJs on our team, let’s chat. We can meet over coffee and/or drinks. Your safety is my priority, so phone calls and/or video chats are available as well. Looking forward to hearing from you, talk soon!

Along with his impressive experience and vast array of music styles to choose from, District DJ also provides a variety of services to help personalize your wedding. District DJ offers the following services:

• Consultation

1 User photo

• Carolyn

Carolyn M. · Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing DJ! Hire him!

We had a wonderful experience working with Jon & District DJ. We booked him largely because we “liked his vibe” and honestly his vibe was amazing right up until the sparkler exit. He’s a super nice guy. Very easy to talk to. Very easy to reach and communicate with during the planning process. Clearly knows his stuff when it comes to weddings and was very helpful and informative throughout the planning process while still giving us plenty of creative freedom to plan the night exactly how we wanted. He was super flexible with our pandemic changes in plans and was able to add a livestream for guests who wanted to join virtually. Our guest list was cut in half due to covid and he still kept the dance floor alive and well throughout the night. Cannot recommend him enough!!

Sent on 06/03/2021
  • Kj21

Kaelyn · Married on 05/15/2021

Great DJ! Hire today!

We had Jon as our DJ and he was awesome! He gave us online planning form in order to keep all the songs organized which was very helpful! I did not hire a wedding planner only a day of coordinator, so I didn’t realize how many songs needed to be selected! We also had a phone call a few weeks prior to the wedding to confirm music selections and review any outstanding questions. He kept everyone on the dance floor and all our friends have commented about how great our DJ was! Highly recommend. Pro Tip: he does great Intros too which not many do and even provided a clip. I promise you won’t be sorry when you hire his company!!

Sent on 05/30/2021

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

District DJ Pricing

District DJ Price Rates

District DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1450
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1450
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 400
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Christian
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Bilingual MC
    Do-Not-Play List
    Karaoke
    One Event Per Day
    Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Flat Screen
    Photobooth
    Projector
    Uplighting

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• District DJ 1
    Off-Peak Wedding Date

If you book your wedding for a date between January and March or on a Sunday through Friday, ask about our special rates!

Team of District DJ

Jon Smithfield

Jon Smithfield

Owner, DJ/MC

Jon started District DJ a few years ago after working for several other DJ companies for many years. He makes sure that his clients and their guests truly enjoy the music and atmosphere that he provides. He does so by meeting with all of his clients to make sure that their wants, needs and expectations are understood.

With over 10 years of experience in the music and entertainment industry, Jon knows just what tunes will get the crowd on their feet. As a former event manager at a large wedding venue in Pennsylvania, he has a lot of previous experience in the wedding industry under his belt. He is also a former team member with WeddingWire. Contact us today to get Jon for your wedding or event!

+ More Details