District DJ Reviews

34 | Washington, DC

34 Reviews for District DJ

Kim · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Recommend Jon!

From our first phone call with Jon, my husband and I knew he would be a great DJ for our wedding. He simply has the voice! Not to mention, he is super understanding and easy to work with. He loved our theme and was more than happy to make it come alive. We decided to do a decades theme and progress through each decade throughout the night. Not only did he love our theme, but he embraced it as his own and ran with it to create a spectacular wedding for us. When slight changes arose, he was flexible and understanding to accommodate them. Highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 05/17/2019

Absolute Professional

Jon was instrumental in our wedding day. We had a ton of special circumstances that needed his fine tuning (we had 2 custom songs made during our wedding that had to be played at specific times). His planning worksheets and organization made our wedding day go off without a hitch. We cannot thank Jon enough for all his help in making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Tammy · Married on 04/27/2019

Awesome! On time, prepared, & Kind

It was amazing, he stayed on our schedule and when we gave him some changes on the spot, he adapted and made it happen. He was fully prepared and ready and the guests seems to love it as well. So happy he was our DJ and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Jennifer Smith · Married on 04/27/2019

District DJ 5 stars

John was a pleasure to work with and made our day complete. Very easy going, which we needed when things were stressful starting out. He has a great DJ voice and knows how to make the music flow. Everyone there enjoyed themselves!
    Thanks for being our DJ, John!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Kelly · Married on 03/30/2019

Look for no more! The DJ District is the one!

If you are looking for a DJ in DC area, I would definitely recommend Jon, the District DJ, without any hesitation. He was very responsive, professional, and also easygoing. After an initial phone conversation with him, we just knew Jon will be our DJ at the wedding. Jon has been in the wedding business for a while. With his experience, professionalism and a perfect MC voice (seriously), he for sure lifted our wedding day up! We got married in DC at a venue where Jon never played before but had zero issue. Everything went perfectly and smoothly. One other important point to make, we really think Jon’s pricing is very reasonable. Look for no more! The DJ District is the one!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Charles · Married on 03/16/2019

District DJ was epic!

Jon did a spectacular job as our DJ/MC. We had no clue what to do for music and left it open to him, this turned out to be a fantastic decision as Jon played a great variety of tunes!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Jands · Married on 03/09/2019

Kept the dance floor going!

Jon was extremely easy to work with. We had multiple calls leading up to the wedding, wedding planning sheets that helped walk through all aspects of the day and Jon confirming what we wanted, made the day go super smooth! He helped make it an incredible party!!!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Cathy

Cathy Linder (Groom’S Mom Who Hired District Dj) · Married on 02/23/2019

District DJ = 100% Outstanding!

Jon is an outstanding DJ and a consummate professional. We HIGHLY recommend him for any type of wedding, given his vast experience and ability to truly understand what each couple wants. From our first phone call, we knew was perfect for our smaller (65 guests) urban hotel wedding and reception. His planning and bill g process is seamless and he was very responsive to our every request. He took as many phone calls as needed to confirm our very specific playlists. We engaged him for 2 nights- both a casual Welcome Party night before the wedding and the entire wedding day- which included planning music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception party. He was SO helpful guiding and advising us during the wedding rehearsal as well. The music was fantastic throughout and Jon was professional, supportive, friendly, courteous, knowledgeable.....and fun and energetic all through the reception. We give a Jon and District DJ a 10 star review!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sent on 02/26/2019

Molly · Married on 01/19/2019

Great DJ—Highly Recommend

He was professional and very friendly. Easy to communicate with during the planning stages. Worked with all of our requests. Read the crowd well and played the perfect songs. Really great price for the service we received.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Kurt · Married on 12/08/2018

He kept the guest dancing!

Jon was easy to work with during the planning. He worked well with the other vendors. He kept the guest dancing during the reception. We had many people remark how they liked his selection of music.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Leticia · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing DJ!!!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Nick Lillo · Married on 11/02/2018

Great experience before and during the wedding

Jon did a spectacular job as both a DJ and AV coordinator during our wedding. He was attentive and scheduled multiple calls with us before our date to make sure we were all on the same page.

What was really impressing about Jon was how he handled a last-minute (literally, minute) change of our ceremony from an outdoor site to a nearby indoor site due to inclement weather. On SUCH short notice, Jon hustled to get music playing while our guests found their new seats while getting three mics set up at the new location. He minimized the transition time and made the whole situation feel very natural.

Jon was an absolute pro and we can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Marc

Marc · Married on 10/26/2018

Phenomenal DJ

Jon was as true professional, and phenomenal DJ. We put most of the playlists in his hands, and he knocked it out of the park. He also made a note to move onto another song if not many people were out dancing, which resulted in the dance floor always having people throw down. He was extremely timely, and incredibly organized. We are beyond satisfied with the job he did and will recommend him for any and all future weddings for friends and family.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Tanya · Married on 09/15/2018

Jon was amazing!! He was so patient with me and my many questions and very responsive to all of my emails. He provided us a great cost for his service & created the best atmosphere for our wedding! At one point we had 2 dance floors going and he kept the music on pace with our reception. He provided great ideas for the flow of the day along with recommendations on music to accompany each activity. I can't say enough good things about him and how he made our day so special! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Ariel · Married on 09/14/2018

Jon Smithfield- District DJ

Jon Smithfield was a wonderful DJ for my wedding recently in September. I have seen Jon DJ before, and I knew the second of my engagement he would be in charge of the evening. Jon goes above and beyond to make the bride happy and content on her special day. He comes prepared for the whole day and I had zero worries. Recommendation for this DJ from District DJ, comes not only from myself, but my guests who were entertained and sent positive feedback of the majority of the night.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/06/2018

Jon was the perfect selection for our special day. He very was responsive and flexible to the flow of our reception and kept everyone engaged with music selection within our taste. We had no issues with his service and would recommend him for any party or wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Judy

Judy · Married on 06/15/2018

We actually met Jon through a great local cover band that we had heard several times. When we found out he also MC-ed and DJ-ed weddings, he invited us out to a local gig he was attending where we were able to meet and talk more. Jon has done many weddings, and he has a great personality and voice - his energy and enthusiasm were unrivaled for our wedding day. He was able to incorporate our must-play song list seamlessly into the entire night and he helped execute our timeline perfectly. Everyone was out on the dance floor all night - young and old and he was easily able to field any last minute requests - like us switching up our entrance song a few minutes before we walked in! I was so worried initially when we started our music/DJ search, because you never know who you might get assigned to with these larger companies and if you will click, but with Jon - you know you're going to get a great experience! I would recommend him 100% for your next event!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Amy · Married on 04/28/2018

Jon was wonderful! My husband and I weren't sure what we were looking for when we started researching DJs. Jon was responsive, answered all of our questions, and had a super helpful "day of" timeline that made it so easy and quick for us to plan the evening. Jon has a background in wedding planning and had great suggestions, based on his experience, that helped us plan the order of events so that our guests were always entertained (and I know our other vendors appreciated the detailed timeline too!). He set up the DJ area with color light so the dance floor looked great. Had we used the colored lights our venue location offered us, it would have been an extra $500. Jon taught our guests the Wobble which was a huge hit. We needed a bigger dance floor! Jon was very professional and engaged, kept the timeline on track, and was flexible when the bride kept losing track of time:)

Sent on 06/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 04/21/2018

Jon did an excellent job DJ-ing our wedding. He stepped in as a replacement DJ for us somewhat last minute, and we are so grateful that he did! He is extremely professional and nailed every little detail and moment that we laid out. The dance floor was packed and everyone had a blast. Thank you Jon!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Kasey · Married on 02/18/2018

Jon was great to work with! From our first phone call consultation to the end of the wedding, he helped guide us to create a great experience for our guests. We asked him to use his judgement to pick music for the cocktail hour and dinner, and he nailed it with instrumental versions of popular songs. We discussed with Jon ahead of time what types of songs we'd like at the reception and what we wanted the feel of the wedding to be, and he clearly paid attention as we had guests on the dance floor all evening! He even touched base with our photographer throughout the night to make sure we were hitting the big moments as planned. I highly recommend working with Jon for your wedding!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Natalie · Married on 12/03/2017

I was nervous not many of my guests would dance at my wedding but I was wrong! Jon literally had every person on the dance floor at some point during the night! I am still receiving comments from my friends and family on how great the DJ was at my wedding! I had a great experience working with Jon and he was so professional and on top of everything that I had no worries during my wedding day! Would highly recommend District DJ!!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Meg · Married on 10/21/2017

DJ Jon was absolutely fantastic! From planning to execution, our wedding music went off without a hitch. Jon was such a fun person to work with and honored each of our requests from ceremony A/V, cocktail hour and dinner music, to keeping the party going all through reception. Jon had never played at our venue and went the extra mile to meet us weeks in advance on location to scout all logistics. His equipment and coordination were flawless, and we highly recommend choosing Jon for your next event -- you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Julie · Married on 10/13/2017

Jonathon is one of the reasons why my wedding day was absolutely perfect! He worked hand-in-hand with me to ensure that I had absolutely everything I wanted from the ceremony to the reception, and all that was in between. He knows so much about weddings, and really gave me some great advice on what works and what doesn't, even beyond the music. Plus my guests loved him, and he definitely knows how to get people on the dance floor. If you're looking for a DJ who is easy to work with, great with guests, and genuinely wants your day to be awesome, I highly recommend Jon!

Sent on 12/21/2017

ADam · Married on 10/13/2017

Did an amazing job. Dj’d my sisters wedding. He was very personable and great in the microphone. Would recommend to anyone and would definitely request him for the future.

Sent on 12/21/2017