16 Reviews for District DJ

Sound/PA System (4)
One Event Per Day (3)
Uplighting (1)
16 District DJ Reviews

We actually met Jon through a great local cover band that we had heard several times. When we found out he also MC-ed and DJ-ed weddings, he invited us out to a local gig he was attending where we were able to meet and talk more. Jon has done many weddings, and he has a great personality and voice - his energy and enthusiasm were unrivaled for our wedding day. He was able to incorporate our must-play song list seamlessly into the entire night and he helped execute our timeline perfectly. Everyone was out on the dance floor all night - young and old and he was easily able to field any last minute requests - like us switching up our entrance song a few minutes before we walked in! I was so worried initially when we started our music/DJ search, because you never know who you might get assigned to with these larger companies and if you will click, but with Jon - you know you're going to get a great experience! I would recommend him 100% for your next event!

Profile Picture Judy, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jon was wonderful! My husband and I weren't sure what we were looking for when we started researching DJs. Jon was responsive, answered all of our questions, and had a super helpful "day of" timeline that made it so easy and quick for us to plan the evening. Jon has a background in wedding planning and had great suggestions, based on his experience, that helped us plan the order of events so that our guests were always entertained (and I know our other vendors appreciated the detailed timeline too!). He set up the DJ area with color light so the dance floor looked great. Had we used the colored lights our venue location offered us, it would have been an extra $500. Jon taught our guests the Wobble which was a huge hit. We needed a bigger dance floor! Jon was very professional and engaged, kept the timeline on track, and was flexible when the bride kept losing track of time:)

Profile Picture Amy, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jon did an excellent job DJ-ing our wedding. He stepped in as a replacement DJ for us somewhat last minute, and we are so grateful that he did! He is extremely professional and nailed every little detail and moment that we laid out. The dance floor was packed and everyone had a blast. Thank you Jon!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/21/18, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jon was great to work with! From our first phone call consultation to the end of the wedding, he helped guide us to create a great experience for our guests. We asked him to use his judgement to pick music for the cocktail hour and dinner, and he nailed it with instrumental versions of popular songs. We discussed with Jon ahead of time what types of songs we'd like at the reception and what we wanted the feel of the wedding to be, and he clearly paid attention as we had guests on the dance floor all evening! He even touched base with our photographer throughout the night to make sure we were hitting the big moments as planned. I highly recommend working with Jon for your wedding!

Profile Picture Kasey, 2/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was nervous not many of my guests would dance at my wedding but I was wrong! Jon literally had every person on the dance floor at some point during the night! I am still receiving comments from my friends and family on how great the DJ was at my wedding! I had a great experience working with Jon and he was so professional and on top of everything that I had no worries during my wedding day! Would highly recommend District DJ!!

Profile Picture Natalie, 12/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jon was absolutely fantastic! From planning to execution, our wedding music went off without a hitch. Jon was such a fun person to work with and honored each of our requests from ceremony A/V, cocktail hour and dinner music, to keeping the party going all through reception. Jon had never played at our venue and went the extra mile to meet us weeks in advance on location to scout all logistics. His equipment and coordination were flawless, and we highly recommend choosing Jon for your next event -- you will NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture User7496182, Recently Married, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jonathon is one of the reasons why my wedding day was absolutely perfect! He worked hand-in-hand with me to ensure that I had absolutely everything I wanted from the ceremony to the reception, and all that was in between. He knows so much about weddings, and really gave me some great advice on what works and what doesn't, even beyond the music. Plus my guests loved him, and he definitely knows how to get people on the dance floor. If you're looking for a DJ who is easy to work with, great with guests, and genuinely wants your day to be awesome, I highly recommend Jon!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Did an amazing job. Dj’d my sisters wedding. He was very personable and great in the microphone. Would recommend to anyone and would definitely request him for the future.

Profile Picture ADam, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jon Smithfield provided his services for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.

As soon as we met Jon, we knew he would be a great fit. He's flexible and willing to accommodate, but you'll want to take his advice because he knows his stuff.

Jon came through for us in a huge way when our tentless backyard wedding was hit by an unexpected thunderstorm halfway through the reception. Jon moved all of his equipment inside the house and continued the dance party with his improvised living room set up. Needless to say, Jon saved the night and the guests went on dancing and partying to their hearts' content.

He's also got a great voice to be a DJ.

We were really happy with Jon and gladly recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Rebekah, 7/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Smitty (Jon) is an incredible DJ/MC. He made the entire wedding, from the ceremony to the end of the reception, flow seamlessly. He was also the EASIEST and MOST PLEASANT vendor we worked with for our wedding. We had our wedding in a heavily trafficked downtown area, in a difficult venue, along with a ceremony in a public park with little power access. And despite all the difficulties, Smitty ran our wedding in what seemed like effortless professionalism.

Smitty kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night, nailed the song timing on the dances, and made our ceremony the formal and classy affair we wanted it to be. He made our wedding the spectacular event we were hoping it would be, and without him, I do not believe we would be saying the same thing.

Profile Picture Collin, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We used Jon Smithfield with District DJ as the DJ for our wedding on 5/6/17 at the Gettysburg Hotel. Jon did an amazing job that far surpassed our expectations, and we are so happy that we chose him. The process was extremely easy with the worksheets that you fill out prior to the event. On the day of the wedding, Jon did an excellent job of creating an atmosphere that energized our guests and got them on the dance floor, which isn’t an easy task with a group that spans several generations. He listened to all of our requests and preferences, and from there seamlessly selected music that kept the party going all night. If you’re looking for an experienced DJ for your wedding that does more than just hit play on a playlist—that actually engages with your guests and ensures everyone is having a great time, all while being true to what the bride and groom want —I highly recommend District DJ!

Profile Picture Miranda, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely loved this DJ! The whole night went flawlessly and everyone from the kids to the grandparents were loving the music. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Gina, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jonathan was amazing and so wonderful to work with! He provided an excellent music selection, was communicative, flexible and just overall a joy to be around. Will definitely use him for future events!

Profile Picture Isabel, 11/5/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jon was incredible!! Everyone was dancing and having a blast! We left the music selections up to him and the guests which turned out perfect! He was a pleasure to work with and very professional and responsive!

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jon, our DJ was awesome. we worked very well wish us to make sure everything went as planned (even if we did manage to sent him a curveball a few times). Once the dance floor opened up you couldn't get people away. Jon Smithfield kept the party going up to the very last drop, he did a fantastic job and I would not hesitate to recomend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Shaun, 8/3/13, 1 Review