Chicago, IL 60608 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Dawn E. Roscoe Photography

Hello!

I am Dawn Roscoe! And I am so happy you found my Wedding Wire listing!

You might be in the early stages of planning your wedding or maybe just looking at local photographers for an engagement or family session. And I’m sure you are finding a whole slew of choices and maybe, are a bit overwhelmed with all the different options. So, I want to make this easy and let you know what makes me different from everyone else out there. Basically, it’s my unique photo style, professional experience, and close client relationships.

First up is my style. It’s is a combination of my art education and my love for photojournalism. I love capturing moments! Spontaneous, in-between, and authentic moments that happen during our time together. Then, photographing with natural and special lighting, or beautiful locations to add that artistic element in the mix. My experience includes photographing over 375 weddings, and countless engagements, elopements, and family sessions. I am now into my 17th season under my own company. So, you can expect me to be there when you need me to be there and capture every wonderful moment that unfolds during our time together. And you can rely on my years of experience to help you with your timeline, photo details, and emotional support.

Most importantly, my client relationships are incredibly important to me! When you book me, we stay in touch throughout your entire wedding planning or family preparation process. We collaborate together on your schedule, locations, and important pictures so our time together is stress-free and easy. I also send you planning emails and offer monthly newsletters to get us ready for your big day. And I work with you closely so we can create some amazing memories that communicate the essence of who you are.

Background and Style

My fascination with photography began at a very early age with an old Polaroid my grandfather bought me. And a camera has been by my side ever since. Photography was always part of my life, but never my life’s work. After a long career in business and advertising, I decided to change my life course-drastically. I quit my advertising job and embarked on an art degree at the Art Institute of Chicago. After graduation, I worked at several commercial food and catalog studios around the city but yearned to photograph outdoors and experience people more. A close friend asked me to second shoot for a wedding he was photographing, and after that, I was hooked! Changing light, beautiful moments, and telling stories all became part of my work, and it was something I never experienced before. Now, I feel pretty lucky documenting one of the most important times in your life and becoming your storyteller.

• Woman-owned
Follow Dawn E. Roscoe Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Chi-Town Weddings
74a6376fsmute
74a3771fsmute
dawn e roscoe photography groom preparation0
Dawn E. Roscoe Photography
dawn e roscoe photography groom preparatio
img5132
img5278fsmute
74a2283
img5952colormatte
img0030fsgreen
74a6216fsmute
74a0058
Dawn E. Roscoe Photography
dawn e roscoe photography gay weddin
74a1755

55 Reviews for Dawn E. Roscoe Photography

1 User photo

Amanda S. · Married on 03/06/2021

Wonderful Photographer & Experience

My husband and I had a micro wedding in March 2021, and had Dawn capture our day. Overall, we had an absolutely wonderful experience. Dawn is organized, professional, and is an incredibly sweet person. Everything went smoothly before the wedding from meeting Dawn virtually, to having questions answered, to discussing the plan for the wedding day. The wedding day was also a breeze, Dawn made taking pictures fun and natural, not only for my husband and I, but the entire group. You can tell she takes pride in her work, the quality of the pictures are fabulous, we could not ask for anything more! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to hire a wedding photographer.

Sent on 04/14/2021
  • Gabriel

Gabriel S. · Married on 05/09/2020

Great photographer! Must Hire

There is so much to say about Dawn, but the best way to really capture the essence of working with her, is to work with her! Dawn was fantastic.

Due to Covid, we had to reschedule our wedding and had to find a new photographer. A friend recommended working with Dawn and the rest was history. Dawn walked us through what the new schedule would look like, what photos we wanted, and understood how we wanted photos to look. We wanted a more natural, "candid" picture.

She was able to adapt to our individual needs. Even before the event, she was extremely helpful, welcoming and addressed our questions in a timely fashion. She also asked questions that helped her understand the unique situation she was asked to take photos for (small wedding, personal premise).

When it came to the wedding, Dawn was fantastic. She immediately started scouting for an additional photo spots to ensure she would get the best view point. This was no small feat, she walked a good distance to the tree line and into a small forest. She really wanted to maximize her working area. The photos of the prep time, ceremony, dancing and speeches captured the magic of the evening. Her photos really speak for her craft.

To close and probably the most important reason why we're giving Dawn a sparkling review (outside of the photos of course) is that she truly was a pleasure to work with before and during the event. The stress of changing and planning a wedding three times in a year was overwhelming. Dawn was able to fix one of our problems and became an asset to the team. Dawn was extremely wonderful to work with leading up to the event. At the event, Dawn fully integrated and felt like she was truly there as a guest of the wedding. Her personality fit in seamlessly with the atmosphere and jovial energy of the evening. This really stood out as the event was so small. She really added onto the day.

Sent on 04/19/2021

Christina · Married on 08/17/2019

Dream Wedding Photographer!

Dawn came highly recommended by a co-worker of mine and after seeing her work I knew we had to meet with her. We had met with one other photographer before meeting Dawn and still had two others lined up to explore. After our first encounter with, my husband and I knew immediately that we wanted her to photograph the most important day of our lives. In fact, walking from her studio to our car we had our minds made up and cancelled our meetings with the other two photographers.

Dawn has a natural way of making you feel at ease and comfortable which was so helpful during the chaos of everything else surrounding the planning of our big day. She had photographed many weddings at our venue and even though my husband and I were getting married in the city, we were clueless about any whereabouts to get the photos we dreamed of. Because of Dawn’s experience and amazing talent, we were confident in putting all our trust in her hands and letting her lead the way, and she did not disappoint!

While we were her clients, she treated us as if we were close friends and family. She shared so many helpful tips and information that I was able to use for my wedding planning and continued to help me avoid any stress, even for things not related to our photos.

Her communication and planning made everything so simple and kept me so calm and excited! She listened to everything we had shared and was able to capture and honor our day beautifully. Dawn and Sonce were like ninjas throughout the whole day making sure they did not miss any moments.

Words cannot even describe the joy and excitement we felt when we received our photos. My husband, our family, friends, and guests just loved working with Dawn and Sonce. They provided us with such wonderful memories that will last a lifetime! We are so grateful to have worked with Dawn and would highly recommend Dawn Roscoe Photography.

Sent on 03/21/2021

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3200
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3200
    2nd Shooter
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints
    Proofs

1 Real Wedding

• Five Grain Events Wedding Planners

Dawn is a joy to work with as a wedding vendor - she is positive, timely, professional, and talented!

• AnitaWeds Wedding Officiants

I have had the pleasure of working with Dawn at a few weddings and she is always fantastic! She gets to know the couple and has the ability to capture their personalities on film. She is always wonderful to work with - friendly, unobtrusive, and happy to accommodate requests. The couples I've seen her work with always sing her praises - before and after the wedding! And the best part is that the final photos are just gorgeous! The only problem you'll have is narrowing down your favorites!

• Chicago, IL, 60608 See on map
    Location of (Dawn E. Roscoe Photography)

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Dawn E. Roscoe Photography include in the starting price?

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Dawn E. Roscoe Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Dawn E. Roscoe Photography offer?

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Dawn E. Roscoe Photography offer?

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Trash The Dress

What photography materials does Dawn E. Roscoe Photography offer for wedding events?

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Prints
  • Proofs

What percentage of users recommend Dawn E. Roscoe Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.