Chicago, IL 60608 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,800
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Dawn E. Roscoe Photography

My love for art, photography, film, fashion, and details is why my career has led me to weddings. I feel pretty lucky documenting one of the most important days in a lifetime and telling your personal and unique story.

Background:

I have been interested in photography at a very early age and have been taking photos throughout my entire life. My interest in picture making, led me to my first career in advertising and business where I was constantly surrounded by graphic and engaging imagery. After years of soul searching, I finally took the plunge and was accepted to the Art Institute of Chicago, where my photography and art career started! My various backgrounds constantly inspire and create my photography perspectives and my shooting style.

Style:

Photojournalism, cinema, and art are the elements that I strive for in narrating weddings, events and stories. I also love subtle palettes and color combinations which are an important part of my post-production process. During each and every shoot, I love to have fun and create images that showcase personality, style, and quintessential moments. With my photography influences and background, my goal is provide all of my clients with modern and timeless images, with some artistic, spontaneous fun!

Follow Dawn E. Roscoe Photography on

dawn e roscoe photography02
a13876c7b4bc2691 1462998345483 74a0058
img1599fswash
74a6376fsmute
74a3771fsmute
dawn e roscoe photography groom preparation0
Dawn E. Roscoe Photography
dawn e roscoe photography groom preparatio
img5132
img5278fsmute
74a2283
img5952colormatte
img0030fsgreen
74a6216fsmute
74a0058
Dawn E. Roscoe Photography
dawn e roscoe photography gay weddin
74a1755

1 User photo

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography 1

Sara · Married on 10/20/2018

Dawn is wonderful

Dawn is great and easy to work with. I have see her work for many of my friends weddings as well as my own. Everyone I speak to is always very pleased with the final product. She is very kind and has a great eye. Thank you again for your wonderful services Dawn!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Erin Gschwind Romo · Married on 08/17/2018

Photographer Perfection

Dawn was highly recommended to us from a friend because they worked with her as a photographer for their wedding and the bride’s sister’s wedding as well. We reached out to Dawn and met with her at her studio in Bridgeport. Steven and I continued to feel impressed by the quality of her photos, her interest in getting to know us as a couple, her communication and recommendations, and her vast experience photographing weddings throughout Chicago.
    It didn’t take us long to realize that Dawn was the one we wanted to photograph our big day.

We decided to do an engagement photoshoot and we had the best time. I was originally very nervous but Dawn was so complementary and helped make us both feel more comfortable. She has a keen eye for different backdrops, colors, and creative lighting. She also helped coach us through new poses or how to get natural shots. We absolutely loved our photos and it made us so excited about working with Dawn on our wedding day.

Throughout the planning process, Dawn was so helpful and kept all lines of communication open. She chatted with us a few weeks before the wedding to talk out details and help us make important decisions. She offered an alternate rain plan, helped us schedule large family photos, and gave us some recommendations.

On our wedding day in August 2018, Dawn started with myself and the ladies at the Ambassador hotel while Sonce, the second photographer, started with the men at our apartment. We were all reunited for the first look and the photo fun kicked off. Seeing that our wedding was the same weekend as the Air & Water Show, there were additional traffic limitations but they helped create a backup plan when needed. They helped crank out all of our photos, they were a great team, and we all had great time along the way.

After receiving our photos, we are so pleased! We feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Dawn and would highly recommend her to any friends/ family.

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 12/31/2017

Dawn Roscoe is amazing

I have been meaning to write this review for some time, and as we're approaching the one year anniversary of working with Dawn, I think the time is now! My husband and I hired Dawn for our 12/31/17 wedding, and it was one of the key decisions to our wedding's success! (You can find my previous review for her after our engagement session somewhere on this Yelp! page, too - it is also a very resounding endorsement.)

In short, I will tell you what I told her when she delivered our wedding photos: "I am so amazed. The angles, the lighting, the expressions you caught are incredible. I am so thrilled and humbled."

In long, Dawn is an expert professional who will take care of you emotionally and photographically for whatever big day you hire her. If she's available, hire her. Hire her right now. If you have to, change the date just so you can work with her.

From the first minute, Dawn's expertise came forward as we - on the first phone call interview - plotted out what our schedule would look like. She even referenced the sunset time, just so she could be sure her estimates were good ones. That amount of detail and care lasted throughout our process, and created for us a sense of ease on what can be a stressful day. She is everywhere, but unobtrusive; she is creative, yet asks for direction and input; she is careful, yet spontaneous. And she is so skilled. Whenever I get compliments on the wedding, the photos are always one of the top two things that people gawk over (we had a live band that rocked, that's hard to compete with...or else Dawn would be #1 every time). I hopefully will never have to plan another wedding, but if I do, Dawn will be the first call I make.

In our interactions with her post-wedding, she has continued to provide excellent information and service. I never felt pressured to purchase prints or books through her, and she has been consistently active and willing to help when I had questions. Very recently, she re-uploaded my entire gallery when my mother-in-law could not find that "perfect" image.
    She addressed a need in very little time and, again, helped to assuage anxiety.

I highly recommend Dawn Roscoe Photography to any/everyone. And if you're still pondering after reading this (and all the other stellar) review, just call go look at her website or her FB page again. That is mastery right there.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Dawn E. Roscoe Photography 2

Dawn E. Roscoe Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

Real Weddings

• Five Grain Events
    Five Grain Events Wedding Planners

Dawn is a joy to work with as a wedding vendor - she is positive, timely, professional, and talented!

• AnitaWeds
    AnitaWeds Wedding Officiants

I have had the pleasure of working with Dawn at a few weddings and she is always fantastic! She gets to know the couple and has the ability to capture their personalities on film. She is always wonderful to work with - friendly, unobtrusive, and happy to accommodate requests. The couples I've seen her work with always sing her praises - before and after the wedding! And the best part is that the final photos are just gorgeous! The only problem you'll have is narrowing down your favorites!