2733 Neal Ave, Stillwater, MN 55082 Map · Phone number

About Countryside Photo

Studio History: 1985 - 2009

In 1985 I opened Countryside Photography when the wedding photography industry was going through a shift where couples would have a relative or close friend take snap shots and hire a studio to come and pose the group shots only. During the late 70s studios began to offer portraits along with group poses. These portraits were limited to window light with limited backdrops. Several studios that I worked for in the early 80s changed their style and began to offer different options. These options included high quality studio lighting and real posing offering the customer the best quality. Today I still provide the studio quality wedding portraits on location along with candid reception coverage. Many customers have told us about the their friends wedding photograph disasters from the previous year. Brides, share their need to have that special photograph, like their grandparents or parents had taken back in the 50s and 60s.

Our studio is in our home and every customer is our guest. I take the time to identify what I can do to make sure that each image and the experience is fun and rewarding. I capture images that families for generations will cherish.

Photographer: Brad Cornell (Owner)

I started my interest in photography capturing high-school yearbook activities for a contract photographer. My artistic drive moded me into portrait photography and wedding photography. WOW! Weddings are all about people not just about capturing a photograph or the equipment you use. The studio I worked for pushed me into the deep end of the pool of wedding photography using only window light to capture portraits. This old style photography using only the soft light of a window to create wounderful wedding portraits it limits to a photographer to mid-day weddings in the summer. People get married in the morning early evening and what about when it raining or snowing. Well this taught me to be prepared, I use professional lighting for all my weddings. I mastered portrait lighting 25years ago allowing me to provide studio quality wedding photography regardless of location.

0b87a7d3ef300293 1238031273281 gal53