32 Mountain View St, Eastsound, WA 98245 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 37
  • Pricing

About Cloud 9 Events

With over 12 years in the event coordination industry, we at Cloud 9 Events love to plan and coordinate weddings and events mainly in the San Juan Islands (but willing to travel to Bellingham and Puget Sound area as well). We are very happy you found us ~ please take your time and browse through our platform or visit our website. And when you're ready we'd love to hear from you and talk about how we can assist you with our talents, creativity & hearts!

Follow Cloud 9 Events on

Videos 1 vídeo

85 Reviews for Cloud 9 Events

• Sonia

Sonia Nations · Married on 03/14/2020

I Couldn’t Have Done It Without Kimaya and Stephen!

I tend to be a ‘do it yourself’ person, and I have helped coordinate a number of weddings myself. But, I absolutely could NOT have planned our gorgeous wedding on Orcas Island without Kimaya’s services, and Kimaya and Stephen’s assistance on the day of.

Kimaya’s relationship with each vendor helped us secure not only the best option for our Celtic/boho vibe, but also the best price.

Leading up to our wedding, my now husband and I were selling two homes, buying a third, and combining two families. Kimaya’s gentle reminders to secure vendors and deposits kept me on track. Most importantly, it dissolved any and all stress of having to keep track of those things myself.

One week before the wedding, I realized I was going to regret not hiring a videographer. Kimaya immediately sprang into action and got me in touch with the videographer we hired, and also negotiated a custom package for us.

Three days before the wedding, I decided I wanted to try to hire a bagpiper to play during the recessional as a surprise for my husband. It was Saint Patrick’s Day weekend....so definitely a long shot. But Kimaya was undeterred and immediately found contact info for me.

Our wedding date faced the additional complication of being on the cusp of the Covid-19 shutdown. Two days before our date, the governor mandated that no groups over 250 people could gather. We were within those limits and made the decision to go ahead with our wedding. Kimaya went absolutely above and beyond to make sure there were hand sanitizing stations at the venue, and sent out emails the week prior assuring us that all of the vendors would be taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe. She shared tips for our guests, and made suggestions. She was absolutely thorough and thoughtful.

Decorating the day before the wedding, and handing over final payments so Kimaya could handle them for us was organized and easy! The rehearsal the day before the wedding was fast, organized and easy.

The day of the wedding, it was 30 degrees and the wind was howling. Kimaya arrived at my suite while I was getting ready, and she was the calm in a literal storm. Kimaya found a veil for me to borrow for photos, so we could take advantage of the wind for gorgeous shots. Guests were canceling left and right because of the Covid-19 crisis. Our plan to have some portraits taken at the top of Mount Constitution was dashed by the high winds. Kimaya worked with the photographer and videographers to find a different location for that shoot. We landed on two spots that I know will produce amazing photos. Without Kimaya’s knowledge of the island, we wouldn’t have had that option. Through every moment of that chaos, she was calm and comforting.

The wedding ceremony itself was perfect. Kimaya cued and played our ceremony music from her phone to her speaker. Stephen, her assistant was equally calming and sweet. Stephen cued the bridal party about when to walk, and kept all of us collected and ready.

The toasts, dinner and desert, cake cutting, and first dance went off without any complications. The dancing was an absolute blast, and all of that happened because of Kimaya and Stephen.

The next morning, Kimaya and her team coordinated the clean up, with her hired help and some of my friends. My husband and I showed up to collect our personal items and have the walk-through with the venue coordinator. Easy, not at all stressful, and fast.

I cannot adequately express how valuable Kimaya’s services were. Worth every single penny. We hired Kimaya to do ‘Day Of’ coordination. But she SO generously gave me help and guidance all the way through. Her knowledge of the island and her relationships with vendors was priceless. In spite of all of the complications, our wedding was the best day of our lives. We have Cloud9 events, and Kimaya to thank for that! If you are considering hiring this company, do yourself a favor and DO it! You won’t regret it!!!!

Sent on 04/19/2020
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 09/28/2019

Professional assertive and kind!

Kimaya was the best! She was able to get things in order without being too demanding or bossy. She took control of situations when I needed guidance and made sure that my fiancé and I were able to enjoy every moment of our wedding. She was so kind and fun and every one loved her. She help make my wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Rhanda Rosselot · Married on 09/12/2019

Planning a wedding in the San Juan Islands - Kimaya is the best!

If you're planning a wedding in the San Juan Islands, Kimaya Maitreya at Cloud 9 Events is the best. She's experienced, professional, calm under pressure and a true joy to work with. She knows what works, vendors who are dependable and makes your planning process turnkey.

Sent on 09/12/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Cloud 9 Events Pricing

Cloud 9 Events Price Rates

Cloud 9 Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1,695.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 2595
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 4,495.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 86.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Petals and Twist Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure of working alongside Kimaya of Cloud Nine Events for years. She is a logistical wizard and loving person; committed to her clients generous with her vendors. Petals and Twist is better for our relationship.

• PO Box 586 Eastsound, 98245 See on map
    Location of (Cloud 9 Events)