910 North Damen Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 89

About Christine Janda Design & Events

Christine is a wedding and event planner who brings her client's vision to life through her beautiful flowers and event design.

Christine’s career started at top advertising agencies, DraftFCB and Leo Burnett, where she exercised her superior client and project management skills as an Account Executive. From managing TV commercial shoots in LA to benefit sponsorship events and fashion shows in Miami, Christine quickly learned a fast-paced creative career was in her future.

Following her advertising career Christine planned, designed and executed numerous weddings, social and corporate events as Event Director for the highly respected event company, A Perfect Event. After 3 years as Event Director, Christine made the leap to fulfill her dream of opening her own event planning and design company.

Bringing her client’s visions to life through her beautiful wedding and special event flowers and designs is what Christine does best. Christine’s floral expertise coupled with her full-service event planning business provides her client’s with a unique holistic approach to planning and event design. Her calm and cheerful demeanor puts her client’s and their guests at ease, helping provide an unforgettable stress-free event.

Follow Christine Janda Design & Events on

party40
5f440e7b607aaf5f 1420841016383 20141011 averyhouse 459
Christine Janda Design & Events
Maribeth and Tim's wedding was everything one should be. Held on a gorgeous fall day with the sun...
Invitation
Our beautiful flower girls held these gorgeous kissing balls as they walked down the aisle
Corsage
Corsage
The couple with the bridesmaids and groomsmen
The couple with the bridesmaids and groomsmen
Our unique guest book
Our unique guest book
averyhouse 602
Christine Janda Design & Events
Maribeth & Tim's vintage Chicago wedding transcended into their paper design as LBrown Design &...
averyhouse 604
averyhouse 606
averyhouse 607
averyhouse 608
averyhouse 609
averyhouse 612
averyhouse 621
Table centerpiece
Guest's ended the evening with an old school hostess sweets table filled with petite ho-ho's,...
Wedding cake
Three centerpiece designs filled the room surrounded by flickering candlelight and the couple's...
Table centerpiece
At the reception we transformed the space with warm ambient lighting and a vintage frame, floral...
averyhouse 654
5f440e7b607aaf5f 1420841016383 20141011 averyhouse 459

• Videos 3

14 Reviews for Christine Janda Design & Events

Blaire · Married on 08/03/2018

I booked Christine and her team through an Elope to Chicago package for our early August 2018 wedding. We had a small wedding, so we used their services for 2 corsages, 5 boutonnieres, and 1 bridal bouquet. Each arrangement was just beautiful and they were even delivered to our hotel before the promised time! We worked specifically with Colleen, who was helpful in suggesting arrangements that would work with our color scheme. She was even patient when I totally changed my mind a couple different times. I also feel that pricing is very competitive with other florists in Chicago, especially considering the excellent level of service!! - Blaire & Matt

Sent on 08/10/2018

Janet · Married on 08/12/2017

Christine and Colleen were by far the best decision we made while planning our wedding! Where do I begin? Well, from the beginning...
    From my very first conversation with Christine, she made me feel understood, at ease, excited and like we 110% absolutely needed her to be a part of our big day.
    Being the Type A person that I am, my mom and I had planned out almost all of the details and the timeline. But even then, I knew there were things we weren't thinking about and things that would come up that day that we were not prepared for. I wanted to make sure that my husband, my mom and I could all enjoy as much of the day as possible.
    Christine introduced Colleen to us, and we hit the ground running about a month before the big day. Colleen jumped right in and sent a list of questions, documents she needed, etc.--all so organized and prompt, which I loved! They were so responsive and attentive, which made me think how do they do this with all of their brides? Such patience :)
    Christine and Colleen perfectly planned out our entire day, and took extra precaution so that I didn't see my husband before the ceremony. (Not doing a first-look has to be one of the most frustrating things to wedding planners, if I had to guess.) Christine and Colleen were in all the right places at all the right times. We also had some tough family sensitivities coming into the wedding, and they handled absolutely everything. I will never forget the returning sense of calmness Christine gave to me with a wink and a smile right before my walk down the aisle.
    Christine and Colleen truly made it so that we had not a single care or worry in the world besides enjoying every moment of our wedding day. I wish we started working with them from the very beginning! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Christine, Colleen and their team. I absolutely love all of CJDE's floral designs as well, making CJDE the perfect partner for any Bride to be! :)

Sent on 01/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

We booked CJDE for our day-of wedding coordination and floral design for our July wedding. We had the pleasure of working directly with Christine along with Colleen, one of her event directors.

All of our floral was very well done, of the highest quality, and absolutely gorgeous. Christine took extra time to meet and talk with us about our vision and make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted, right down to the smallest details. She gives direction to refine the ideas you bring to her, as well as makes her own suggestions on things you haven't yet thought of in order to create the most beautiful design. She was understanding of our budget and did a wonderful job of making changes as needed to keep us at our target price point.

With regard to their the day of coordination, you get so much more than that! CJDE will meet and communicate via text and email 3 months leading up to the big day. I had booked nearly all of our vendors and completed many things by time CJDE took over, and they picked up where I left off in the process absolutely seamlessly. Colleen was unbelievably organized, fast, and easy to reach. Colleen was with me during every step of the morning of the wedding and having her there was invaluable! She and Christine took care of EVERYTHING. On the day of, I wasn't feeling a small piece of my bridal bouquet, so Colleen didn't hesitate to give it a "bang trim", as she called it, and it was perfect! The CJDE staff set up our reception decor flawlessly, combining items from their studio with personal items we wanted to include. They will also deliver gifts and cards back to your hotel room while you continue to enjoy your evening. All we had to do was have fun and enjoy the day, knowing that everything would be taken care of.

I don't have enough kind words to say about CJDE. We would (and have) recommended them to anyone getting married, no matter what stage in planning you are!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Award

Christine Janda Design & Events FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 250.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 20.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 275.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 8,700.00
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Glamorous, Modern, Romantic, Vintage
  • What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,750.00
  • How many planners are on your team? 4

• Room 1520
    Room 1520 Rooftop Weddings

Christine Janda is always welcome at Room 1520! Flawless events every time!

• Creativo Loft
    Creativo Loft Rooftop Weddings

Christine Janda consistently amazes me with her creative eye and designing talents. We've worked together multiple times, and she has a great combination of high professional standards, along with a friendly and fun personality. She has a sharp eye for high quality details, which is evident in the selections she uses for her lush floral arrangements down to the smallest decor elements incorporated in her event designs. The cohesiveness of the various elements she combines, and often surprising ideas she comes up with, are always impressive and inspiring. She also has a great professional attitude, and is calm and friendly to everyone she encounters, from fellow event pros, to clients and guests.

• 910 North Damen Avenue Chicago, 60622 See on map