2110 S WABASH AVE, Chicago, IL 60616 Map · Phone number

CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 5
CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 6
CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 7

Cambria · Married on 09/28/2018

When I got engaged I went full planning mode and scheduled 9 back to back showings of different venues around the city. It was snowy and cold and a crazy day, but the first time I walked into CIC I knew- it was love at first sight. It is absolutely the most beautiful venue in the city. During the year I have heard of so many wedding planners having their own weddings there- and they know! Marta is awesome and I really enjoyed working with her. She responded to all my questions- shared photos of different setups and decor and provided great advice. Leading up to the wedding the weather was looking bad and we had to change up some things last minute- I really relied on Marta's advice and everything worked out perfectly!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Natalie · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married here in November of 2017. The outdoor area was beautiful, with a magical feel from the lighting. And of course the interior is very elegant and our guests loved the ambiance. Marta was lovely to work with and made the entire process very effortless. She was on-site the entire day of the wedding to keep things running smoothly and it ended up being the perfect location for our dream wedding!

Sent on 03/20/2018
    CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 8
    CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 9

Alice · Married on 09/02/2017

I have so many positive things to say that I couldn’t fit it all on here, but my full review is on the CIC Facebook page.

Here are a few aspects of the space that warrant a 5-star rating in my book:
    - GORGEOUS outdoor courtyard: It initially attracted us to the space! The ivy walls give it a natural beauty by day, and the canopy looks absolutely gorgeous when it is lit up at night.
    - Beautiful iron gate with big split door; allows for grand opening into the courtyard.
    - Large and spacious bar to give guests more room to spread out - the only bottlenecks should be from the guests' drinks and not the guests themselves!
    - Indoor and outdoor space with seamless transition to accommodate various needs.

The venue owner, Marta, was really FLEXIBLE - for which we are super grateful! To elaborate on the flexibility, we had a *very* tough time finding a venue in Chicago proper that would allow us to have an open flame, which is an integral part of a traditional Hindu ceremony. Marta totally understood, and we were able to light the flame in the open courtyard. I can't describe how much performing this part of the ceremony "properly" meant to my husband's family, especially his parents and sister. Except for having to use a particular lighting company if we wanted extra lights (we didn't end up needing them anyway), Marta gave us great leeway with our vendors, which proved to be key for hiring our ideal caterer (who she also suggested), when a majority of the other venues we considered had big catering restrictions and very limited food options. Finally, Marta allowed us to start setting up and bringing some supplies to the venue the night before, so that was really helpful in allowing us extra time to get organized.

Overall, the natural beauty of this unique, seamless indoor/outdoor space and Marta's awesome flexibility helped make our dream multicultural wedding a reality. We could not have picked a better venue for our special day!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 15
    CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 16
    CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY 17

CHICAGO ILLUMINATING COMPANY FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 6,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300